[IC] Model M 122 bolt mod to ANSI and "teensyed"

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

07 Apr 2014, 23:43

I've changed two SSK lately to ISO, one blank and the other PT layout from an M.
Anyway, I have two "spare" ANSI SSK keycap sets and two 122 (1394312) keyboards.
The question is: Would there be any interest in a 122, cleaned and bolt modded to ANSI possibly with a teensy 2 inside?

Really need an excuse to do another bolt mod :)

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2014, 23:47

If I weren't riding so many caps GBs right now, I'd be after one of those ANSI SSK caps sets just as it is!

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

07 Apr 2014, 23:51

Just R5 for me, but must find something useful to do until those tall, beautiful, caps arrive... :D

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2014, 23:56

Well, bolt modding means you can get inventive with layouts, as you know. But then there's also the less known extra keys:

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/ibm ... ml#p155379

I'd split the backspace, myself, and go a bit HHKB.

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

08 Apr 2014, 00:02

I'm open to requests regarding the final layout, just not for myself, as I don't feel like using more than TKL now.
Maybe you want a specific layout? :)

alinh

08 Apr 2014, 08:08

RaleghDirat wrote:I'm open to requests regarding the final layout, just not for myself, as I don't feel like using more than TKL now.
Maybe you want a specific layout? :)
If only you posted this yesterday. I went ahead and got a key set from Unicomp for exactly this conversion :(

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

08 Apr 2014, 21:59

ANSI 122 with SSK caps, anyone?

Hypersphere

09 Apr 2014, 16:08

RaleghDirat wrote:I've changed two SSK lately to ISO, one blank and the other PT layout from an M.
Anyway, I have two "spare" ANSI SSK keycap sets and two 122 (1394312) keyboards.
The question is: Would there be any interest in a 122, cleaned and bolt modded to ANSI possibly with a teensy 2 inside?

Really need an excuse to do another bolt mod :)
Interesting. I recently got three 122-key IBM boards from eBay, initially just to harvest some keycaps for my reconfiguration of IBM SSKs to a HHKB layout. However, this prompted me to look into converting the 122s to ANSI and whatever else would be needed to enable 240-degree DIN5 or RJ45 to USB (two of the 122s are 240-degree DIN5; the other is RJ45). Your offer is tempting, but I would like to attempt this modification myself. Glad to know that there seems to be growing interest in reviving 122-key IBMs, "the aircraft carriers of the fleet".

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

09 Apr 2014, 16:30

Did I mention that both are RJ45 and fully functional with soarer's ?
It's a shame I can't get over TKL these days.

Return to “Group buys”