The Granite aftermarket thread

Khers

26 Dec 2014, 09:43

You are not alone in having received some weirdly printed caps and not received some at all. I'd suggest you contact massdrop and let them sort the issue out.

vsev

26 Dec 2014, 12:51

Same here, just pick up the package and encountering missing caps with switching INT fr caps with R1 ones on my daily driver...
Massdrop seems to have get in troubles with dispatch issues at least..

Muirium
µ

26 Dec 2014, 12:54

SP's pretty good at making mistakes too. (The mirror image caps are surely their doing.) But putting Massdrop on top seems to be compounding trouble…

Everyone with errors: get in touch with them! That's the seller's job to fix.

vsev

26 Dec 2014, 13:11

"We are currently experiencing a higher volume of customer support requests and our responses will be a little slower than usual"

Haha ! employees must pretty enjoyin' this end of year in MD office I think.

But I'm in hope and let me say already that red color for alt legends please far better from the light blue one of the R1 !

Muirium
µ

26 Dec 2014, 13:39

Enough holidays, fellas, Back To Work!

Khers

26 Dec 2014, 14:26

@vsev: I got the same reply when I contacted them mid-December. Wasn't too bad then, they got in touch a couple of days later. Guess it could take a few extra days now though...

vsev

26 Dec 2014, 16:09

Finished to check all kits and there are mirrored ones same as Greyluke.
Also missing all RGB Icons kit.

And finally caps missing from common (2caps), iconpro mods(1cap) and INT kit 10 caps from each of two ones I ordered..
Post a very pleasant and clear message with pictures to support at MD..
I'm quite rageous but I'll wait to this find an fine issue about what I've no doubt though !

exellion

26 Dec 2014, 19:56

Greyluke wrote: Hi guys,

I just mounted this new cool keycap set and I realized two disappointing things:

1) I miss this single keycap from the International Set:

2) These two keycaps were printed the wrong way (i.e. as a mirror image, so to say):

So I am willing to trade these 3 keycaps. I have pretty much the whole International Set (except from Italian keycaps), most of Apple Kit and Text Modifier kit.

Please contact me for trade!
Hi guys,
Exactly the same here. I'm missing the same keys. Anyone willing to trade with those depicted in attached image (those marked with an X are not available while those marked with a circle have been misprinted) ? Also, is there anybody willing to sale me a text backspace key (see image attached)? Mine broke while mounting. It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
BACKSPACE.jpg
BACKSPACE.jpg (4.26 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
IMAG0358[1].jpg
IMAG0358[1].jpg (227.75 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
IMAG0363.jpg
IMAG0363.jpg (711.5 KiB) Viewed 6371 times

kudosgodspeed

26 Dec 2014, 21:53

Probably a bit of a long-shot as I'm assuming most of the trading has died down, but I'm looking for the Numpad set. Like an idiot, I bought the Mono-Legend set by accident instead of the Numpad set. Attached is what I have currently to trade for:

Magenta is what I have to trade.

I also have an old Cherry 8200 POS (MX Browns) if anyone is interested:
KUL Keycaps temporarily on board. I have original keys as well.

Otherwise, if not open to trade, I'd be happy to pay for the Numpad set at a reasonable price. PM me :)

EDIT: Mono Legend Sold / Numpad no longer needed.
Last edited by kudosgodspeed on 07 Jan 2015, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Oatburner

27 Dec 2014, 18:57

Looking for the keys circled in green:

1u Super
1.75u Shift
1.75u Control
1.75u Control (stepped)
Grey text ISO enter

I'd be grateful for any pricing offers!
Attachments
MD-3318_20140823133919_d4a02866e58ac37d.jpg
MD-3318_20140823133919_d4a02866e58ac37d.jpg (23.87 KiB) Viewed 5741 times
MD-3318_20140823133821_1aeecba8815a8454.jpg
MD-3318_20140823133821_1aeecba8815a8454.jpg (115 KiB) Viewed 5741 times
Last edited by Oatburner on 24 Jan 2015, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.

Greyluke

28 Dec 2014, 23:00

Khers wrote: You are not alone in having received some weirdly printed caps and not received some at all. I'd suggest you contact massdrop and let them sort the issue out.
I did contact MD, but I was eager to sort this out as soon as possible, so I tried to find an alternative. Furthermore, I read somewhere several complaints about MD customer care (reply delays or no replies at all, etc...).

Anyway, you guys are right, it's MD responsibility to fix this and I'm sure they will.

Happy New Year everybody!

Ichigo87

05 Jan 2015, 17:48

Hi guys,

I would like to buy/trade a :
- "MX switch" novelty
Last edited by Ichigo87 on 06 Jan 2015, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

_robban

05 Jan 2015, 20:54

Have finally the caps on my desk, customs did charge me 45 EUR and will calculate the differens from actual value to the declared value and try to get an refund.

However, didn't receive my RGB Icon pack either and wonder if any of you have received it until now?

Also do any of you have the template/layput of the international kit in order for me to check if I have all the correct keys at hand and be able to put some up here for trade?

mlng

06 Jan 2015, 09:25

Just to let you know, my RGB came in a separate envelope..

_robban

06 Jan 2015, 13:32

ming - ok thanks for info, will give it some more days then.

Looking for:
1* Numpad kit
1* Blue ISO enter

I have cash but also some granite caps such as Extra OS kit, Apple kit, International kit (all but swedish set), DT / GH novelty caps

Will pay 1.5 * Massdrop price for the granite kits you have

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Jan 2015, 16:31

_robban wrote: […] Will pay 1.5 * Massdrop price for the granite kits you have
You're not really encouraging people to actually speculate on keycaps from group buys, are you? :evil:

_robban

06 Jan 2015, 18:37

Nope - not my intention, I am more of a desparate nature trying to solve my own misstake quickly

vsev

06 Jan 2015, 23:33

Why not wait for an MD answer, if you did complain at all ?
(Can provide this blueISO enter from my own pack if..)

_robban

07 Jan 2015, 10:14

Can only speak for myself and my order, all caps that I ordered seems to be ok and additional currently missing RGB pack are on their way in separate shipping.

The numpad part and blue iso enter that I now want to order - I did totally forgot to order and my own misstake :oops:

vsev - If you are willing to trade/sell a blue iso enter just let me know what you want for it.

cflee

09 Jan 2015, 03:31

I am looking to buy the 3u spacebar from the Specialty Keyboards Kit for my Minila Air:
SpecialtyKeyboardsKit.jpg
SpecialtyKeyboardsKit.jpg (44.23 KiB) Viewed 6002 times
It seems nigh impossible to get a 3u key in DSA otherwise. PMK only goes up to 2.75u..[/s]

Edit (29 Jul 2015): have acquired this via Massdrop.
Last edited by cflee on 29 Jul 2015, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

vsev

10 Jan 2015, 12:17

Hi,
Currently searching for missing caps I need to complete sets in R2 :
_ R an T from common ( damn how could have they miss those !)
_ few fr caps from INT kit I've circled in green in pic (red is what's missing at all from kit)
INT_kit_search.jpg
INT_kit_search.jpg (132.5 KiB) Viewed 5986 times
I've to trade 2x INT kit except fr caps and missing ones (red in pic) from R2
1X INT kit from R1 (blue alt legends)
RGB from R1
RGB icon R2
1X ISO blue enters kit
some others from Icon, Icon pro, Text pro(R1), Mono Legend (R2), multimedia, but not taken time already to precisely decide what I'll keep and what not..

_robban

11 Jan 2015, 18:44

Still looking for an Granite Numpad kit, no one who has anything and willing to sell or trade?

(pic from pimpmykeyboard.com)

I do have some granite kits such as RGB icon, Extra OS, Apple, International (all but swedish part), DT and GH singles but also for some full ducky nordic PBT kits such as the Cream Cheese and Green, Gold on Black, Gold on Black Ninja style, that can be used as part of a trade.

beltet

12 Jan 2015, 16:34

_robban wrote: Still looking for an Granite Numpad kit, no one who has anything and willing to sell or trade?

(pic from pimpmykeyboard.com)

I do have some granite kits such as RGB icon, Extra OS, Apple, International (all but swedish part), DT and GH singles but also for some full ducky nordic PBT kits such as the Cream Cheese and Green, Gold on Black, Gold on Black Ninja style, that can be used as part of a trade.
I have answered your post on Sweclockers. PM me here or on Sweclockers.

vsev

18 Jan 2015, 14:17

Still looking for those fr caps R2 in green in picture if someone has them to trade/sell !
INT_kit_need.jpg
INT_kit_need.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 5856 times

ideus

19 Jan 2015, 02:40

Vierax wrote: Here is what I don't need (clic to enlarge)
(edit I forgot a third line from the mono international)
I have some blanks 1u in both greys but not sure of what I really need.

I want few stuffs :

2x 1u DEL and PRINT (really needed)
all bluesun logo you can have :D
some 1u windowed
2x Fkeys in the lost+found kit
Out of the GB, I'm really interested to trade if you have some 1u and 2u blank DSA PBT (I want colours !! )
I still need a W and an S from NOIR GB
2x 1u Shift keys any plastic or colour but imperatively DSA.
Are you interested in trade only, or you would sell some? If you were interested in sell I am interested in the following keys:

Your greek letters, the 1.75u CONTROL -two keys-, the 1.25u FN -two keys-

Oatburner

24 Jan 2015, 05:26

I realize this is an old post, but if you still have a 1.75u Control (stepped or not), and a 1.75u text Shift, I would be very interested in purchasing them.
Vierax wrote: Here is what I don't need (clic to enlarge)
(edit I forgot a third line from the mono international)
I have some blanks 1u in both greys but not sure of what I really need.

I want few stuffs :

2x 1u DEL and PRINT (really needed)
all bluesun logo you can have :D
some 1u windowed
2x Fkeys in the lost+found kit
Out of the GB, I'm really interested to trade if you have some 1u and 2u blank DSA PBT (I want colours !! )
I still need a W and an S from NOIR GB
2x 1u Shift keys any plastic or colour but imperatively DSA.

Greyluke

24 Jan 2015, 14:09

vsev wrote: Still looking for those fr caps R2 in green in picture if someone has them to trade/sell !
INT_kit_need.jpg
I think that row is missing on every INT set...

By the way, did someone have a chance to sort this out with MD support? I wrote an email to them on December 26th and they replied to me on January 7th (X-mas holidays) saying that they were trying to fix this with SP, but then i got no news from them.

Greyluke

27 Jan 2015, 07:43

Just a quick update. MD support just sent me an email telling me that they are about to send me the replacement keycaps.

Khers

27 Jan 2015, 08:47

Greyluke wrote: Just a quick update. MD support just sent me an email telling me that they are about to send me the replacement keycaps.
Same here! Just hoping they get everything correct this time around...

Lpwl

06 Feb 2015, 14:46

I received my replacement keycaps yesterday !

My two international kits are now complete, it feels good.

Return to “Group buys”