[Production]Debian Novelty Key

alinh

08 Jul 2014, 06:44

Maybe a bit late, but I asked Melissa to add the explanation to each group buy, which she did :

"FOR SHIPPING: EACH GROUP BUY IS CHARGED A FLAT RATE, IF YOU BUY INTO MORE THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL KEYCAP GROUP BUY AND PAY DUPLICATE SHIPPING, PLEASE CONTACT MELISSA @ MPETERSEN(AT)SOLUTIONSINPLASTIC(DOT)COM WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER(S) AND WE WILL REFUND THE SHIPPING COST WHEN THE GROUP BUY CLOSES."

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

08 Jul 2014, 10:40

Daily update:
;) Debian Red on White | 20 pcs
;) Debian Black on Grey | 14 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 58 pcs Tipped and now only 3.50$!
:shock: Vim 1.75u DSA | 30 pcsTipped !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 9 pcs

The 1u DSA Vim is close to 70 pcs tier that would unlock the 2.50$ price ;) The 1.75 is getting close to 50 pcs tier that would unlock the 3.75$ price per cap.
The Debian is moving slowly and I can say only one thing :
BUY MORE!!!!!!! :evilgeek:

DanielT

09 Jul 2014, 10:25

Daily update:
:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 28 pcs Tipped !
;) Debian Black on Grey | 14 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 67 pcs Tipped and now only 3.50$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 30 pcsTipped !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 9 pcs

I think for the Vim DSA we will reach the other tiers, and in the end we will have the lower prices ;)
Debian Red on White tipped, that is awesome, hope it will reach the other tiers, at least the 50 units one.

Let's try and make this GB a success like the SA Vim was with over 700 units sold:
"BUY MORE!!!" :thumb: it can only get cheaper ;)

DanielT

10 Jul 2014, 08:46

Daily update:
:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 33 pcs Tipped !
;) Debian Black on Grey | 17 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 77 pcs Tipped and now only 2.50$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 32 pcsTipped !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 11 pcs

We are going places :o Thank you all for joining this GB and

BUY MORE!!!!!!! and pay less :evilgeek:

DanielT

11 Jul 2014, 09:26

Daily update:
:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 33 pcs Tipped !
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 79 pcs Tipped and now only 2.50$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 38 pcsTipped !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 11 pcs

pheo

12 Jul 2014, 10:37

I just bought 2 debian red on white. I was going to buy 1 set of each. But shipping rates for Spain are ridiculous high for 3+ keycaps. 24$ for 5 keycaps.

DanielT

12 Jul 2014, 11:02

You will get shipping refunded for the second set. You will pay only once shipping there is an announcement from Melissa in the GB page ;)

alinh

12 Jul 2014, 11:12

which means you can buy more with the money you "saved" on shipping :evilgeek:

pheo

12 Jul 2014, 16:07

DanielT wrote: You will get shipping refunded for the second set. You will pay only once shipping there is an announcement from Melissa in the GB page ;)
I have read. But it wasnt clear to me. As I thought if was in case you pay different groupbuys in different checkouts. I mean I put the 4 different groupbuys in the same cart and the shipping rate was one. It is not very difficult to make a decent shopping cart that calculate the actual shipping rates. It wasnt clear what amount was the one I would get refunded so I dind't buy more.

DanielT

12 Jul 2014, 17:31

Each item has a shipping fee, without that you can not checkout an item ( something in the PMK design, poor design...). So in the end it adds up from each item ( again stupid design). PMK doeas not have per cart shipping but per item :| So that's why at the end Melissa will sort that out manually....
The PMK system has a lot of flaws but in the end we get what we want :) And there is allways Melissa to help :)

DanielT

14 Jul 2014, 09:14

Daily update:
:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 37 pcs Tipped !
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 93 pcs Tipped and now only 2.50$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 39 pcsTipped !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 12 pcs

Iacoizumi

14 Jul 2014, 18:11

DanielT wrote: Daily update:
:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 37 pcs Tipped !
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 93 pcs Tipped and now only 2.50$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 39 pcsTipped !

Hmm... looks like we're at the point where if everyone was to double their order for the Debian Red on White key, they'd still pay the same amount, but receive double the keycaps.

;) Just an observation.

DanielT

14 Jul 2014, 18:26

And a very good one ;) For sure by the end of the GB debian will be at least at half the current price. Maybe also the black on grey will tip, we will try and help with that ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2014, 20:20

I give that one key per type will be donated to Debian :P

teuf

14 Jul 2014, 20:41

Iacoizumi wrote: Hmm... looks like we're at the point where if everyone was to double their order for the Debian Red on White key, they'd still pay the same amount, but receive double the keycaps.
I was thinking about that too, and I'm considering ordering a few more debian caps, but it would be nice to be sure others are going to follow the trend :) What is unclear to me is when money is leaving paypal/my bank account exactly? At order time, or after the group buy closes? Also, is it possible to modify existing orders, or would I have to create a new one?

DanielT

14 Jul 2014, 21:26

@matt3o: yes :D we also donated Vim caps for Vim

PMK is rather weird, you can not update the order only make a new one and get the refund for shipping, stupid :( This is why we will place our order close to the end in order to ballance all kits and help tipping in the best way, we really want this to be a success so a little plannig is good :D
The money is locked when you make the buy but only after the GB ends you really pay, this is good :)

teuf

14 Jul 2014, 22:11

DanielT wrote: This is why we will place our order close to the end in order to ballance all kits and help tipping in the best way, we really want this to be a success so a little plannig is good :D
Hmm, how close to the end? :) I'll probably revise my orders if the caps price gets lower..

DanielT

15 Jul 2014, 08:55

Daily update:
:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 40 pcs Tipped !
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 100 pcs Tipped and now only 2$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 43 pcsTipped !

Debian Black on Grey needs some help to tip :( we will do our best but please buy more :mrgreen:
Debian Red on White needs only 10 more to reach the $3.75 tier, that will happen for sure ;)
Alin and I will buy our stuff probably on Monday, we will do our best to tip Black on Grey and for sure the Red on White will reach 50 units tier. We don't have the money to make a big difference so don't expect the numbers to hit the roof :D unless some guy with an on-line shop does the same as with SA Vim where we had over 700 units sold :ugeek:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jul 2014, 11:13

DanielT wrote: @matt3o: yes :D we also donated Vim caps for Vim
that's a nice info to add to http://keypuller.com/vim-escape-key/ :) why didn't you mention about it before :D

DanielT

15 Jul 2014, 11:39

Well it is still in progress, I will let Alin talk about this ;) What I can say 4 caps from our stock have been sent for this purpose.
We are planning to do the same also with the DSA version, but first we have to get them ;)

alinh

15 Jul 2014, 15:13

matt3o wrote:
that's a nice info to add to http://keypuller.com/vim-escape-key/ :) why didn't you mention about it before :D
Basically DanielT and I talked about this before starting the GB : "would be nice to auction some keycaps to donate to Vim since we benefited from the logo" - at the time we thought that *maybe* 25 will be produced :lol:

I've sent a couple of colored blank DCS caps to czarek on a previous occasion and I had some extra so I wanted to send him more. He asked if it would be ok to auction the key caps to raise some money for a Vim donation. Since we already planned that DanielT and I added 2 Vim keycaps each (from our "stockpile") to the package - guess czarek should receive the package in the next 2-3 days. So whoever missed the SA Vim groupbuy... some key caps will probably show up for grabs. Feel free to overspend as the money will be used for a good cause :evilgeek:

We plan to do the same for this round of Vim and Debian key caps :)

edit : http://keypuller.com/dolch/ has broken link at the bottom. Deskthority link doesn't work.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jul 2014, 16:22

alinh wrote:
matt3o wrote:
Basically DanielT and I talked about this before starting the GB : "would be nice to auction some keycaps to donate to Vim since we benefited from the logo" - at the time we thought that *maybe* 25 will be produced :lol:

I've sent a couple of colored blank DCS caps to czarek on a previous occasion and I had some extra so I wanted to send him more. He asked if it would be ok to auction the key caps to raise some money for a Vim donation. Since we already planned that DanielT and I added 2 Vim keycaps each (from our "stockpile") to the package - guess czarek should receive the package in the next 2-3 days. So whoever missed the SA Vim groupbuy... some key caps will probably show up for grabs. Feel free to overspend as the money will be used for a good cause :evilgeek:

We plan to do the same for this round of Vim and Debian key caps :)

edit : http://keypuller.com/dolch/ has broken link at the bottom. Deskthority link doesn't work.
nice insight! And thanks for the heads-up... darn regex!

teuf

15 Jul 2014, 21:40

DanielT wrote: PMK is rather weird, you can not update the order only make a new one and get the refund for shipping, stupid :(
Yup, thinking more about this, ideally PMK would tell me "You blocked $XX to buy N keycaps from this group buy, now the price went down and these keycaps will only cost you $YY, how would you like to spend the rest of the money which you initially put in this group buy?", with the option of spending more money in there.
At this point, it seems it's not even telling me how much cap I bought in each group buy, which makes it even harder to figure out how much I'd be paying at this point :(((

DanielT

16 Jul 2014, 10:00

I know teuf, PMK has a lot to learn yet, I'm confident that in time the system will be improved and will be a great platform for GB's . We know of all the limitations and that's why as organizers Alin and I have tried to do our best to inform the people that want to join or already have joined of all the twists and turns of this online platform.

And now to the daily update. We are doing good, things are starting to move really nice ;) A big "Thank You!" to all people who have joined this GB we are happy to see that you like our work ;)

:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 52 pcs Tipped and now only $3.75 !
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 118 pcs Tipped and now only 2$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 43 pcs Tipped !

I think for DSA Vim 1u we can reach 150 units and that means only $1.5 , also the DSA 1.75u Vim can reach the 50 units tier and drop to $3.75
We still have hope for Black on Grey Vim, on the other hand Red on White is doing great and we might reach the 75 units tier and that means a Debian Cap for only $2.75

I can only say BUY MORE!!!!!!! and pay less ;) and if you are afraid to have money locked paying twice for shipping don't worry, you will be refunded by the end of the GB and the best part you will pay the lowest price ;)

DanielT

17 Jul 2014, 15:34

:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 63 pcs Tipped and now only $3.75 !
;) Debian Black on Grey | 18 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 129 pcs Tipped and now only 2$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 43 pcs Tipped !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 21 pcs

5 days to go and plenty of time to BUY MORE!!!!! :evilgeek:

I'm sure we're going to hit the higher tiers :d

edit: I must be tired, edited the numbers 3 or 4 times, that's what you get from working all night :roll:

alinh

18 Jul 2014, 11:54

:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 63 (+0) pcs Tipped and now only $3.75 !
:| Debian Black on Grey | 18 (+0) pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 131 (+2) pcs Tipped and now only 2$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 46 (+3) pcs Tipped !
:| Vim 1.75u SA | 21 (+0) pcs

Looks like all kits will tip and some will get nice prices :

- Debian Red on White will probably reach the 75 tier so price per key will be 2.75$
- Vim 1u DSA slowly growing and will reach 150 tier = 1.5$
- Debian Black on Grey might tip, but the cost per key will still be 7$. On the bright side it will be pretty rare 8-)
- Vim 1.75 DSA will surely reach the 50 tier and drop in price to 3.75$
- Vim 1.75 SA should tip

With some kits close to new tiers it makes sense to "Buy more and pay less!" :roll:

alinh

19 Jul 2014, 18:36

:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 89 (+26) pcs Tipped and now only $2.75 !
:( Debian Black on Grey | 18 (+0) pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 136 (+5) pcs Tipped and now only 2$!
:cool: Vim 1.75u DSA | 47 (+1) pcs Tipped !
:| Vim 1.75u SA | 21 (+0) pcs

"Buy more and pay less!" :roll:

DanielT

20 Jul 2014, 12:36

Daily update:

:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 92 pcs Tipped and now only $2.75 !
;) Debian Black on Grey | 20 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 142 pcs Tipped and now only 2$!
8-) Vim 1.75u DSA | 47 pcs Tipped !
;) Vim 1.75u SA | 21 pcs

Things are looking great, Debian Red on White will reach 100 for sure but I'm sure it will go beyond that number
Debian Black on Grey is still struggling, but it will tip in the end
DSA Vim is doing good, we still have 2 days to go and I'm sure there are a lot of last minute buyers ;)

So Thank you! for taking part in this GB and don't forget to ....

BUY MORE and pay less! 8-)

DanielT

21 Jul 2014, 11:28

Daily update:

:evilgeek: Debian Red on White | 99 pcs Tipped and now only $2.75 !
;) Debian Black on Grey | 21 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 145 pcs Tipped and now only 2$!
8-) Vim 1.75u DSA | 47 pcs Tipped !
;) Vim 1.75u SA | 21 pcs

We have one day to go.
Debian Red on White will hit 100 tier for sure and the price will be only $2.25.
We will tip Debian Black on Grey tomorrow so you guys who bought that one don't worry, you will get it, and it will be a rare and cool cap :ugeek:
Vim 1u DSA will hit at least 150 and the price will be only $1.50.
Vim 1.75 DSA will reach 50 units and then the price will be $2.75 this will be quite a rare item too :ugeek:
For Vim 1.75 SA I guess the MOQ will be hit, there must be enough SA "lovers" out there for that to happen :lol:

BUY MORE and pay less! 8-)
Spoiler:
Vader_Fire.jpg
Vader_Fire.jpg (83.16 KiB) Viewed 4833 times

DanielT

21 Jul 2014, 15:40

Quick update:
:evilgeek: 1u DSA Vim is now only $1.5
:evilgeek: Red on White Debian is only $2.25

Do I have to say it ? I'll say it anyway : BUY MORE!!!!!!!!

Return to “Group buys”