<SPRiT Edition>MX Springs +LSS Lube Station +MX Stabilizers (In stock)

scottc

01 Dec 2014, 23:25

Yeah, there were about 97 pieces in my 62g set too. :cry:

Laser
emacs -nw

01 Dec 2014, 23:48

Cherry1990 wrote: Got today my two sets (102 and 96 :cry: pieces), 62g. Thank you.

I swapped original Cherry springs from my G80-3000 with Clears.
Mmm... For me the difference is very small. You can feel it, but it is very very small... If you think to modify the Clears, use lighter springs... :|

I have 104 original Cherry Clear springs to sell... :mrgreen:
:shock: You don't feel any difference between the original clear springs and Sprit 62g springs? Wow. I have a set of 62g springs and they are definitely lighter than springs from clears or blacks (actually, they might be even a little too light for my taste - the older 65g set i have seems to be the best so far, but that's another story).

BlueBär

02 Dec 2014, 00:13

Cherry1990 wrote: Got today my two sets (102 and 96 :cry: pieces), 62g. Thank you.

I swapped original Cherry springs from my G80-3000 with Clears.
Mmm... For me the difference is very small. You can feel it, but it is very very small... If you think to modify the Clears, use lighter springs... :|

I have 104 original Cherry Clear springs to sell... :mrgreen:
There's a huge difference between 62 and standard clear springs. If you don't feel it, they're either not mounted or something is wrong with your fingers.

Cherry1990

02 Dec 2014, 00:30

BlueBär wrote: There's a huge difference between 62 and standard clear springs. If you don't feel it, they're either not mounted or something is wrong with your fingers.
Is not necessary to be an engineer to mount a spring inside a Cherry MX switch. They are mounted correctly.

The difference is small. I have also MX Brown. MX Browns are lighter.

The only thing I can think is that my MX Clear are a bit used... Probably after 10 years and 8 hours a day they are softer...

My fingers are ok. Some women can testify it... :mrgreen:

Cherry1990

02 Dec 2014, 00:34

Laser wrote: :shock: You don't feel any difference between the original clear springs and Sprit 62g springs? Wow. I have a set of 62g springs and they are definitely lighter than springs from clears or blacks (actually, they might be even a little too light for my taste - the older 65g set i have seems to be the best so far, but that's another story).
My old Black are harder too. Probably my old Clear are too used... Or, probably, my taste is different from yours. Probably I am going to very soft switches...

BlueBär

02 Dec 2014, 01:05

Cherry1990 wrote: Is not necessary to be an engineer to mount a spring inside a Cherry MX switch. They are mounted correctly.
I'm not talking if the spring is mounted but if the switch is mounted (on a keyboard for example).

Cherry1990

02 Dec 2014, 01:39

BlueBär wrote:
Cherry1990 wrote: Is not necessary to be an engineer to mount a spring inside a Cherry MX switch. They are mounted correctly.
I'm not talking if the spring is mounted but if the switch is mounted (on a keyboard for example).
I replace half of the springs on a Cherry G80-3000 with MX Clear. All switches are PCB mounted. Pressing one spring or another is a very small difference. I spent more than 30€ to change springs on ONE keyboard (102+96 < 104x2) and the difference is not so big. It was my mistake to choose too hard springs. For that reason I wrote my message: if you want to lighten your MX Clear, think to something lighter than 62g...
Nothing more. Springs are nice, gold looking and also expensive like gold. :mrgreen:

Probably, if you try with a coins stack you will measure the difference, but in real life is not so (> 30€) big... With 55€ you can buy a G80-3000 with Blue. My mistake. Next time I will choose 50g or less. Keycaps return on without any problem with 62g, you have a lot to play.

BlueBär

02 Dec 2014, 01:46

You should try it in compariosn with new MX Clears, I don't have some right now else I would send you some. It might just be that yours are VERY used, because I never heard anyone say that there is a just a small difference between standard clear springs ad 62g. Especially since you say your blacks are harder, clears should be heavier than blacks.

I would also not advise to pick anything lighter than 62g for new Clears as they will stick and might not bounce back up as easy as they should. Again, in your case it might work because they're very used.

andrewjoy

02 Dec 2014, 02:13

on new vs used has anyone noticed that reds get much smoother with use ? i am guessing nowhere near vintage backs but for example my WASD keys get way more use than Pause Break and they are nowhere near as scratchy as the pause key

something to think about do liner cherry get better with age ? I think possibly they do even if the plastics for the older keys are smoother to begin with.

still feel like sandpaper vs beamspring

BlueBär

02 Dec 2014, 12:48

Every MX stem gets smoother the more it gets used.

andrewjoy

02 Dec 2014, 12:54

solution , put some crappy caps on your new board and ask someone to type on it for 3 years for you and then put the good caps on and you are good to go :P

Nuum

02 Dec 2014, 22:43

Just ordered some 50g and 60g springs, the 62g clears feel a bit too heavy for me.

Cherry1990

03 Dec 2014, 01:12

Nuum wrote: Just ordered some 50g and 60g springs, the 62g clears feel a bit too heavy for me.
Oh! :mrgreen:
Are the 50g spring working correctly with MX Clears?

Yes, my MX Clears are used, old (probably more than ten years old) but also "not used" keys, like "Scroll Lock" or "Pause" still not too hard than new 62g Gold springs...
Probably old Clears are not so hard like new one... I don't know.

Anyway... Korean 62g Gold spring are a bit lighter than MY old MX Clears. I like them a bit more than original Cherry springs, but difference is not big. My new MX Brown are quite lighter than these 62g.

In the future I will try MX Blue springs instead these 62g. I have another "vintage" (old?) G80-3000 with MX Clear to convert in something different...

Another IMPORTANT thing: why springs sets are composed by 100 (more or less) springs? I mean: ISO keyboards have 105 (or 109) keys, US ANSI one less... I would like to pay ONE MORE US$ (or €) and have sets composed by 110 (or 115) springs. Buy two set for one keyboard is a waste of springs and money...
Don't tell me about 66 keys keyboards... :|

scottc

03 Dec 2014, 01:34

My 50g springs cause some "sticking" with MX clears.

Nuum

03 Dec 2014, 06:58

I have no idea whether the 50g springs work with clears, but if not, I'll use them for ghetto reds.

macmakkara

03 Dec 2014, 07:03

My 62g Also cause "sticking" but it was fixed with lube.

Nuum

03 Dec 2014, 07:07

My MX Clears come from a Skidata keyboard and came pre-lubed and used, so they are far from sticking. Let's see how the springs work with them, I think 60g springs should be perfect for me. Unfortunately there are no 55g springs left.

Maybe 58g springs would be nice, too, but I don't know if these exist.

BlueBär

03 Dec 2014, 09:36

Nuum wrote: I think 60g springs should be perfect for me.
MX Red, Blue and Brown springs are in the area of of 58-60g.

misclicks

06 Dec 2014, 04:01

What's the estimated date of arrival for an invoice that was processed on November 8th? Thanks.

sprit1

11 Dec 2014, 11:15

hi! :)
Can you message me Your Order No. ? Please!

Nuum

13 Dec 2014, 19:20

My springs have arrived and are already installed. Now I have 60g MX Clears in my FaceU 60%. At first glance they feel really nice and they seem to be exactly the right weight for me, but I'll give them some time before a final conclusion.

sprit1

14 Dec 2014, 06:03

Nuum wrote: My springs have arrived and are already installed. Now I have 60g MX Clears in my FaceU 60%. At first glance they feel really nice and they seem to be exactly the right weight for me, but I'll give them some time before a final conclusion.
Hope You enjoy your 60g Ergo !! :)

Cherry1990

14 Dec 2014, 19:12

macmakkara wrote: My 62g Also cause "sticking" but it was fixed with lube.
Nuum wrote: ... Now I have 60g MX Clears ... they feel really nice and they seem to be exactly the right weight for me
My 62g korean springs are more or less like the original springs...

After all I think NOT ALL MX Clear switches are the same OR not all the (62g) korean springs are the same... :?

scottc

14 Dec 2014, 19:20

My 62g springs feel nothing like my MX clear springs. The 62g are noticeably lighter.

Laser
emacs -nw

14 Dec 2014, 19:28

@Cherry1990 - what is the source of your clears (i.e. the keyboard on which they are/were)? Did you read the wiki, maybe you simply have vintage clears (with light springs). Or just big hands. You confuse everyone in the wrong thread :P

Khers

14 Dec 2014, 19:31

My 62g springs are definitely lighter than stock clears as well. Comparing with new MX Clears from 7bit.

Nuum

14 Dec 2014, 19:36

My 62g springs were definitely lighter than the MX Clears from a Skidata, the 60g springs now feel noticeably different to the 62g springs. Not a single switch sticks with the 60g springs, not even the spacebar.

Cherry1990

15 Dec 2014, 02:11

Laser wrote: @Cherry1990 - what is the source of your clears (i.e. the keyboard on which they are/were)? Did you read the wiki, maybe you simply have vintage clears (with light springs). Or just big hands. You confuse everyone in the wrong thread :P
You are right, this is not the right topic. Sorry. Here I opened the correct topic for my Ergo Clear case.

sprit1

15 Dec 2014, 03:58

My 60g is noticeably lighter than 62g, IMO.
I have assembled 50g, 55g, 60g, 62g boards, many people may tell the differences.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

27 Dec 2014, 08:42

I received my springs a few days ago, to gether with other goodies. Had some time to play with the 50g springs and I must say I'm impressed. The combination of old MX Blacks and 50g golden springs makes a super light and soft switch and the bottom out sound is so powerful.
I just love the feeling.
Compared the gold plated springs with non plated springs and there is a difference. The gold plated ones are more firm yet soft, and there is also less friction, that makes the key travel fell smooth, and this without any lube.
Really happy about this, next step is to test with vintage Blacks, that should give the ultimate ultralight linear switch.

Return to “Group buys”