[IC] GMK HADapter Kit This is the IC, Link to GB Inside!

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 01:11

Care to make a list of these missing keys? I don't think Wodan is looking for any more cost / work, but I'm curious what you think is missing.

kekstee

03 Jun 2016, 01:39

Muirium wrote: Care to make a list of these missing keys? I don't think Wodan is looking for any more cost / work, but I'm curious what you think is missing.
I worded that pretty unfairly. Especially since this is an adapter kit to get away from those key variants and would be ridiculous to include.

There is one thing though which legitimately makes me sad: the lack of the HHKB 1u "\|" number row key. We get the German variant here, but that leaves everybody looking for ANSI HHKB out cold. The only source I am aware of are old portuguese Cherry sets. Would be nice to see in HADitionals and might interest more people... although I don't know if many people out there made the mistake of trying to achieve HHKB layout with Cherry DS keys.

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 02:07

Good catch. You're right! I'd like that alpha coloured 1u \| as well. For obvious reasons…

(Old picture. I since went straight HHKB top row with that board as well. So ~ is the outermost key, as it should be.)

scottc

03 Jun 2016, 02:13

Yeah, very good catch indeed. I'll need that key myself!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Jun 2016, 11:22

That R1 \| key is part of two very recent classic beige GMK sets. There should be plenty of them around soon, post a request on those GB threads and check if some people are willing to let go of theirs.
The idea here is to offer there kinds of special-layout keys to NON ANSI-US users. The HADditionals kit doesn't only include the ISO-DE version of the \| key but also the ISO-GB version so that Brits and Germans can use their OG Cherry sets on HHKB layouts as well.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Jun 2016, 11:31

THE GB PHASE WILL START ~7 DAYS FROM NOW! LAST CALL FOR COMMENTS!

Okay it's time for another epic moment in this GB!

GMK likes the diamond modifier key so much the offered to make them on their own cost and lowered the price for the HADditionals kit by ~3€ each !!!

This only applies to the CENTERED legend version of this key though - sorry Mµ ... But I think this kinda seals the deal here.

My best price for this is 10€:
This can't be sold for less than 13,50€:

Prelim

03 Jun 2016, 11:38

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Jun 2016, 11:42

I'm so HYPED about this, this is only a small GMK GB but we're still bringing three new molds into the game!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

03 Jun 2016, 12:15

I am also ready :)

kekstee

03 Jun 2016, 12:51

Wodan wrote: That R1 \| key is part of two very recent classic beige GMK sets.
There are GMK beige sets I missed? I thought I looked everywhere.

The only buys I know were photekqs, which was sublime but failed, and xiaodians current one over at GH, who doesn't offer any HHKB support.

t8c

03 Jun 2016, 12:58

kekstee wrote:
Wodan wrote: That R1 \| key is part of two very recent classic beige GMK sets.
There are GMK beige sets I missed? I thought I looked everywhere.

The only buys I know were photekqs, which was sublime but failed, and xiaodians current one over at GH, who doesn't offer any HHKB support.
Checked out Classic Retro?

scottc

03 Jun 2016, 13:00

Strongly prefer diamond keys. Amazing work getting GMK to swallow the cost, they must really be impressed!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Jun 2016, 13:01

Oh only the sublime 9009 GB did include this key. What a well selected kit!!!

@scottc: oh yeah they have been awesome and helpful so far. The DT key is a gift to the community by GMK, my contact person knows Deskthority and wanted to show GMK's support.

kekstee

03 Jun 2016, 13:08

I'm kinf of devastated I missed this. I would have thrown out all my good intentions of not buying another kit for that selection.

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 13:09

Hundred and forty bucks!? Blech.

What makes your kit so compelling is the small size of it. So that penny pinchers like me can consider it for more than an instant of phlegm clearing "shyeah right I'm buying that!" We want to adapt our HADs. Make it so!

julientaq

03 Jun 2016, 13:14

I’m in.

How are the stems on the spacebar?
i’m looking to style a novatouch thanks to this.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Jun 2016, 13:19

kekstee wrote: I'm kinf of devastated I missed this. I would have thrown out all my good intentions of not buying another kit for that selection.
Well remind me when you order and I'll throw in one of my \| keys for you.

Small kits for the win. And new molds! My work here is done when we habe both kinds of Amiga-A keys in doubleshot.

Bam-bam. One A, two shots.

faxe
5711 4 life

03 Jun 2016, 13:33

Nice work, thank you. Ready to order!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Jun 2016, 13:39

julientaq wrote: How are the stems on the spacebar?
i’m looking to style a novatouch thanks to this.
Should fit any standard bottom row and most likely also supports the off center switch position of Cherry keyboards with 6.25u spacebars.

kekstee

03 Jun 2016, 13:45

Wodan wrote:
kekstee wrote: I'm kinf of devastated I missed this. I would have thrown out all my good intentions of not buying another kit for that selection.
Well remind me when you order and I'll throw in one of my \| keys for you.
Not looking for freebies, I'm in on this buy anyway. I might buy the extra key though.
Getting small key selections just right is always difficult, still looking forward to this. :mrgreen:

@Muirium: yes, my wallet is happy I missed it, especially considering current exchange rates and added clearance fees. :?

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 15:02

Me and Scott also need that 1u \| key, Wodan. Doubt you have quite so many spare! Is there really a need for both of those row 1 # keys?

Centred chevron is annoying but understandable.

Khers

03 Jun 2016, 15:04

I would also really, really, like a 1u \|!!!

Phenix
-p

03 Jun 2016, 15:21

Please also count me in.
really kind of you offering some!

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 15:23

See! It's a crucial part of the HHKB target for this kit.

Khers

03 Jun 2016, 15:27

I don't understand the point of the two pound symbol keys either. Replace one with a \| and you're done!

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 15:39

I know nothing about the various ISO versions and the specifics of how they bung # in stupid places all over the board.

But I do know this is a kit to adapt HAD to ANSI. Makes sense to nix one or both of the buggers. I've zero use for # on any other key than 3 (where it is in the original ANSI set I'm actually trying to modernise to HHKB and 1.25u compatibilities).

jou

03 Jun 2016, 16:27

I'm also in! And count me to the people who want 1u \| key!

kekstee

03 Jun 2016, 16:28

Almost everybody sitting on ANSI or ISO-UK could completely or almost perfectly adapt to a HHKB layout with the inclusion of that particular backslash and the other keys in your two kits. Given that the 140$ GB, which also happens to be over, is the only source besides old portuguese boards I don't see why it is a good idea to fight it in favour of the UK variant.

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 16:30

Ditch the #~
Replace with \|
Rejoice!

Also: what's the price of the main HADapter kit look like now?

scottc

03 Jun 2016, 16:31

Yeah, I don't think people will be specifically making a UK-ISO HHKB so I would tend to agree with the others here and go for \| instead. Sorry Wodan!

Return to “Marketplace Help”