Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Turbodruk

06 Jul 2016, 21:09

shreebles wrote:
Turbodruk wrote: What would a NIB Ducky Mini YOTH MX-Blue ISO DE be worth? I've typed on it for like 5 hours. :)
If you typed on it it's not NIB.
NIB = New in box. The box should be unopened and the article untouched (new!) and possibly still wrapped in plastic.
What you describe is called "like new", open box or B-Stock.

I think you should return to the seller if you barely used it.

Because 2nd hand price needs to be a good bit lower than retail, to give the buyer a reason to buy from you instead of brand new, from a trusted reseller, with return option and warranty.

As far as I know the difference between YOTH and regular Ducky Mini are the solid aluminum case, the unique serial number and the keycap printing.
That is a 30€ price premium between the two, and not every buyer is looking for a heavier and more expensive mini keyboard.

http://geizhals.de/?cat=kb&asd=on&asuch ... %20mx-blue

I say start at 150€ maximum and cross your fingers that someone is actually looking for the YOTH edition.
Because if not, 150 for a brand new standard Ducky Mini is a better deal.
Maybe try Mechmarket or eBay for maximum visibility.

And don't be sad if you have to let it go at 130 or less, because a lot of people on mechanical keyboard communities know their shit and know what stuff is really worth. That's the thing about limited editions, they are almost never worth it. I would never buy a Ducky Mini at 180€, aluminum or not, if I can build a fully programmable mechanical 60% at just over 100€.

Thanks for your input. Probably will be putting it in my collection. :)

Crossfire

08 Jul 2016, 18:26

shreebles wrote:
If you typed on it it's not NIB.
NIB = New in box. The box should be unopened and the article untouched (new!) and possibly still wrapped in plastic.
What's BNIB then for? :D

photekq
Cherry Picker

08 Jul 2016, 18:39

NIB = Box has been unsealed/opened. Keyboard may have been taken out of the box, handled, photos taken, etc. but it is unused and exactly like new.

BNIB = Sealed box. Completely untouched.

There really should be no difference in value between the two. At least not for most people.

Crossfire

08 Jul 2016, 18:51

I see...but from that standpoint BNIB should fetch a little more.

The catch is that practically, BNIB or NIB boards such as model M's, SSK's and other boards with plastic rivets are worse than bolt/screw modded ones. I mean, imagine paying a fortune for a NIB board with almost all rivets broken off and half keys not even registering...there you go, NIB.

Luckily, other brands with better long term solutions age better obviously. :)

davkol

09 Jul 2016, 11:11

A certain member is selling German AEK2 caps for €40 and UK SGI caps for €80 on "another site". Are those prices realistic, or are they just trying to milk clueless noobs at Reddit?

I have some spare same/similar Alps caps and I'm curious about this.

gogusrl

09 Jul 2016, 11:14

on reddit anything is possible as for realistic, maybe not, but it can't hurt to try.

<= certain member

dnm240

10 Jul 2016, 22:39

Hello folks my name is Dave and I am brand new here. I have been using a couple of mechanical keyboards for a few years now, both a rosewill with cherry mx browns and a ducky with the blues and PBT. I am currently waiting on my Massdrop Infinity ErgoDox, hoping to get it soon!

Around ten years ago I experimented with a Datahand Professional II, but never spent the time to really learn it. I need to decide whether to keep it as a curiosity (it gets a big response at work!) or to sell it. To that end I was wondering if anybody here can give me an estimate of what it should fetch. I don't have pictures right now, but can post some tomorrow evening. It is clean, and fully operational. I have two different size palm rests, and the unit has PS/2 connectors, and a dual PS/2 to USB converter. It has the lap board, and the foam on that is in good shape. It has spent most of its life in the original box, so no yellowing that I can see.

What other info do folks need in order to estimate a price? Would you recommend selling or keeping, and if selling, ebay, or here? I am not always a huge fan of ebay/paypal for political reasons, but if that would be best I may swallow my pride.

Dra

10 Jul 2016, 22:53

Datahand prices really depend on condition as far as I know, the few completed listings on ebay were in like-new condition and apparently sold for 1600$

Prelim

11 Jul 2016, 23:58

how much for a nearly NIB Cherry G80-3000LCMPO (classic beige)?

scottc

22 Jul 2016, 19:44

Looking to figure out how much to sell some boards from my sale thread for.

NMB RT-101, grey tactile space invaders. Any idea?

Milton-branded Ortek MCK-201. It's in good condition despite the banana case and feels nice.

I'm particularly interested in the price of the Space Invader board. I bought it so long ago that I have no idea what I spent on it, and sadly it's going to waste here because I can't get used to big-ass enter and small backspace on a full-sized layout.

matt128

23 Jul 2016, 15:42

If I have a keyboard with a less than functional controller PCB and I desolder the Cherry Brown switches from it, would someone conceivably pay me money for those switches?

shreebles
Finally 60%

23 Jul 2016, 15:52

matt128, yes, because Cherry switches are .65€ a pop usually and even those not into brown switches will take them off your hands if the price is right. Since you're in Australia though, you should probably try to sell locally, or else kill a good price with high shipping costs.
Try mechmarket!

matt128

23 Jul 2016, 16:09

shreebles wrote: matt128, yes, because Cherry switches are .65€ a pop usually and even those not into brown switches will take them off your hands if the price is right. Since you're in Australia though, you should probably try to sell locally, or else kill a good price with high shipping costs.
Try mechmarket!
Thanks for the pointer, I'm not too familiar with Reddit and didn't know about mechmarket.

atrere

01 Aug 2016, 03:26

How much do you think I'd be able to get on eBay for a couple of USB-adapted IBM Model F XT keyboards? I picked up three on a whim, and while I am completely in love, it feels so unbreakably tough that I don't think I'll ever need two backup boards. It would be nice offloading them and putting the proceeds in the "get Atrere a beamspring" fund.

LewisR

01 Aug 2016, 04:10

atrere wrote: How much do you think I'd be able to get on eBay for a couple of USB-adapted IBM Model F XT keyboards? I picked up three on a whim, and while I am completely in love, it feels so unbreakably tough that I don't think I'll ever need two backup boards. It would be nice offloading them and putting the proceeds in the "get Atrere a beamspring" fund.
I think it just depends on the condition. I see many around the $80-100 range that look like crap. I have one that looks almost new and I would want to get at least $75 for it, after ebay and shipping fees. I'm not going to practically give it away and they are only going to become more rare over the years. It's certainly worth more than some cheapo MX-clone board.

Thumper
knock knock

01 Aug 2016, 07:26

Just shoot a cheap G81-3xxx SAD. How much are the German PBT Dyesub keys worth?

gogusrl

01 Aug 2016, 07:32

50-75 eur depending on condition and selling location.

Chyros

02 Aug 2016, 11:51

How about a Cherry dyesub set from an Olivetti G81-3000, UK layout? It's missing a ctrl, an alt, and numpad .del key. I want to sell it, but I also want to keep it at the same time 'cause they look really nice with the deep blue legends and all xD .

Also can someone confirm these are fully MX-compatible? They seem to use centre-mount and everything Oo .

scottc

02 Aug 2016, 11:53

Yeah, they're fully MX compatible. Only the MY boards with 1.25 mods have off-center stems. No idea about price, unfortunately probably not LOADS because of the unique missing keys but probably a nice amount regardless. Photekq will inevitably appear and let you know though.

Edit: I mean, as compatible as a standard MX board with that layout. Obviously the caps lock is still off-center (like basically all Cherry boards).

Alkhar

02 Aug 2016, 12:17

Hello, what is a OG Cherry PBT dyesub ISOFR keyset worth ?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

02 Aug 2016, 12:27

As usual, it really depends on the condition.

I used to sell mines for around 70-80€ while in very good condition, but it's worth much more in my opinion. Between 100 and 120€, I'd say.

photekq
Cherry Picker

02 Aug 2016, 16:13

scottc wrote: Yeah, they're fully MX compatible. Only the MY boards with 1.25 mods have off-center stems. No idea about price, unfortunately probably not LOADS because of the unique missing keys but probably a nice amount regardless. Photekq will inevitably appear and let you know though.
I've got no real clue, I'm afraid. Those missing keys make it very tricky.

If it were complete it'd be worth a fair chunk, but as it is I'd probably say $100 or something. In fact, if it were 2x Alts missing instead of 1x Alt and 1x Control I would say higher, since you could take the two blue Alts from a RGB set.

This is just me guessing though; I've never seen a UK ISO Cherry dyesub Olivetti sold, and definitely not an incomplete one.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

02 Aug 2016, 16:42

Well those Cherry PBT caps color match pretty awesome with the blank PBT caps you find on massdrop frequently. Am I right assuming those modifiers have the same grey-beige color as SAD keycaps?

In that case ... just add some blank China PBT and rock out
Very VERY nice keycaps I think.

Chyros

02 Aug 2016, 18:09

Thanks! :) They're definitely pretty cool, I really like the look of them.

I don't know if they're the same shade as SAD keycaps since I don't have any Oo .

photekq
Cherry Picker

02 Aug 2016, 18:11

They're a different shade. Olivetti keycaps have darker modifiers, similar to NCR ones.

macboarder

09 Aug 2016, 22:05

I'm looking into selling an I-guess-new Acer Accufeel 6312-K. It's using Acer switches and a French layout. I have no idea how many owners it had before me, I got two of those labeled as brand new. It wasn't wrapped in any plastic nor did the box have any seals, but the keycaps didn't have any shine on them either (they feel pleasantly smooth, in fact). Either way, how much do you reckon it would be worth? I got both for 30€ + shipping, is 15€ a fair price for one? Unfortunately, since I live in Norway, postage will be expensive even to Europe (~35€ as long as I keep it under 2kg).
Here's a bunch of photos I took of the one I've opened and used

Chyros

09 Aug 2016, 22:12

macboarder wrote: I'm looking into selling an I-guess-new Acer Accufeel 6312-K. It's using Acer switches and a French layout. I have no idea how many owners it had before me, I got two of those labeled as brand new. It wasn't wrapped in any plastic nor did the box have any seals, but the keycaps didn't have any shine on them either (they feel pleasantly smooth, in fact). Either way, how much do you reckon it would be worth? I got both for 30€ + shipping, is 15€ a fair price for one? Unfortunately, since I live in Norway, postage will be expensive even to Europe (~35€ as long as I keep it under 2kg).
Here's a bunch of photos I took of the one I've opened and used
€15 is a fair price, but unfortunately they're not very sought after because they have a bad reputation. Which, to be honest, I find completely undeserved. Acer switches feel pretty decent I think, and are by far and away the most easy-maintenance of any switch I've ever seen. Cleaning the dust out of other switches can take hours, doing an entire Acer's worth takes maybe 2 minutes xD . I'd encourage more people to try them tbh :) .

As for the smoothness of the keycaps; that's normal even for completely unused Acer keycaps. Although they will shine with use, even when unused, they have an extremely fine grain size on the texture. Must be something to do with how Acer made them. Which is a mystery all of its own :) .

macboarder

09 Aug 2016, 22:17

Alright, thanks! I'll put it up and we''ll see if anything ends up happening :)

elecplus

13 Aug 2016, 03:36

What are the following worth?
Vintage black cherry mx switches, alone or in groups of something
A full set of ANSI non yellowed doubleshots for cherry mx
A full set of M caps PC style ANSI one part or two part
A full set of F101 caps with ANSI or ISO enter
A full set of F122 caps (no colored legends)

Dra

13 Aug 2016, 10:09

on the ANSI doubleshots it really depends on how much shine they have

Return to “Marketplace Help”