Need a few apple M0110 parts

andrewjoy

27 Apr 2015, 10:42

Hello All, recently got myself a M0110, its in amazing condition considering cleaned up very well needs a retrobrite but its missing a few bits.

4 switches: Alps SKCC series cream ( may get away with 3 but the spacebar switch is loose best to replace :) )

1 cap: Number 6 cap ( if don't have 6 any spare cap from that row will do

Space bar stabiliser ( or some good photos and mesurements of one so i can make one)

thanks all

P.S if someone knows a cheap source of retrobrite components in the UK please let me know

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Apr 2015, 19:06

I have two M0110A and I think you're still on my list for parts. I've been meaning to get to the M0110A for a while. There are I think three people who want some parts. Something about 500 keyboards got in the way of picking open my M0110As.

Muirium
µ

27 Apr 2015, 19:56

Bugger. There was literally a bag full of hundreds of these switches lying for inspection at the keyboard meet in San Francisco on Saturday. HaaTa said I could have a few (I've an M0110 too, and I always like spare parts) but I plumb forgot!

I believe they are new, unused switches. Sourced by Daniel Beardsmore? There was a whole lot of talking going on for many hours there, I could be confusing projects. But I recall HaaTa saying he has something in store for them. Well, most of them.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Apr 2015, 20:02

FWIW I remember seeing this board at Cindy's before she shipped it off to you. Post photos!

chzel

Daniel bought a bag of fifty or so, the rest 3450 or so were bought by someone affiliated with Massdrop IIRC. Considering Haata's involvement with Massdrop I'd guess you met some of the 3450!

scottc

I'd have taken a handful myself, a friend has an M0110 in need of repair...

chzel

27 Apr 2015, 20:04

3950 to be exact

edit: I'd also like 3-4 as spares!
Last edited by chzel on 27 Apr 2015, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

27 Apr 2015, 20:04

Yeah, there was a nice big box. They're not staying idle, though, something is in the works…

I'll get in touch with HaaTa. But I'm out of here in a few days, so probably too late to make the fast connection, even if he's feeling generous!

pyrelink

27 Apr 2015, 20:06

I got a few from Lowpoly a while back for my M0110, I still have yet to fully restore mine, but you might consider giving him a ping, if you can't find anything anywhere else.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Apr 2015, 20:10

What ever happened to Daniel Beardsmore? He hasn't been active in over a month now.

Muirium
µ

27 Apr 2015, 20:17

Burnout. I hope he's taking a well deserved sabbatical from his labours in the wiki mines. He's put a tremendous amount of work into that over several years.

Muirium
µ

27 Apr 2015, 20:22

Doh!
HaaTa wrote:So, those switches are not the normal T Alps. They are the tall slider ones which will probably look funny.

andrewjoy

27 Apr 2015, 20:35

its the tall ones, http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/alps- ... 10010.html

the ones i have could do with a good clean , need to find a good electrical contact cleaner thats safe on plastic and give them a good soaking. I hear you can replace the springs with springs from black alps to lighten them up, may do that too depending on how easy they are to open

andrewjoy

07 May 2015, 20:21

still looking for a few switches and the number 5 key

if anyone can help that would be amazing !

I will send you cookies, and not raisin ether the real deal CHOCOLATE CHIP!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

07 May 2015, 20:27

You're still on my list. I'll get back to you when sorting is complete, and/or if you place any orders for my keyboards. I'll make sure to throw them in the box. I *think* my M0110A donor is the Alps variant and not the Mitsumi variant. Yes, it's been like a month or two; sorry.

MrsXMIT and I are going through all 650 of the keyboards in the house and garage writing down switch types, serial numbers, and missing keys so we have a good idea of what is what.

andrewjoy

07 May 2015, 21:28

if you find a real linier space invader in a decent layout ( close to 101) you have made a sale , it cannot be just tactile has to be fully linier

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

07 May 2015, 21:37

I've only found one so far, but I'm not quite sure I want to sell it yet.

http://coronthica.com/by-uuid/3f83a38c- ... 39950ab6c/

I believe that black clicky space invaders can be converted to linears by just removing the arm follower at the top of the switch. I have plenty of those. Though, they all have the Big Ass Enter™ and the itty bitty Backspace key.

EDIT: These are the other two Space Invaders linears I've found so far.

http://coronthica.com/by-uuid/2ff75c34- ... 5a18e24bdc
http://coronthica.com/by-uuid/378fa82a- ... 9d22a64f31

andrewjoy

07 May 2015, 21:42

oh my that bottom row is sick !!!!

Muirium
µ

07 May 2015, 21:44

ANSI space invaders welcome here! Got any more? Tell us the moment you find any! Or even spare ANSI caps.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 May 2015, 03:19

Found one more ANSI space invaders board. Two eye white linears just like the one above.

Inventory is almost complete. May even be finished tonight. :o Expect news on some other threads when it is.

Muirium
µ

10 May 2015, 03:53

Hmm… inteyresting. I wonder if the controller is clear of the numpad, like my NMB.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 May 2015, 04:36

If I have any left after sales, and find some time, I'll crack one open for you and check!

hasu

10 May 2015, 07:29

Snagging from eBay is not your option?
Someone sells keycaps separately iirc. Ask heorshe has that key.
andrewjoy wrote:still looking for a few switches and the number 5 key

if anyone can help that would be amazing !

I will send you cookies, and not raisin ether the real deal CHOCOLATE CHIP!

Return to “Marketplace Help”