[IC] GMK HADapter Kit This is the IC, Link to GB Inside!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 May 2016, 14:08

Prelim wrote:
Spoiler:
That 1.25u Windows key is pad printed right?

REPOST:
Okay handbag it is.

I am considering a "HadHKB Adapter Kit" built around a R3 Control key and the R2 Delete key often requested.
This kit could include the German and British #-keys in R1 profile. I have to check with GMK if that required new molds or can be done with the existing molds for the R3 keys.
Trying to keep the costs down here again, wouldn't want to start recreating a HHKB bottom row. The target board for this kit would be the Infinity 60% Standard Layout. Let me know what you think.

Prelim

13 May 2016, 14:16

yes it's an old cherry pad printed windows logo cap. Cherry didn't produced it in doubleshot ever :/

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 May 2016, 14:25

Prelim wrote: yes it's an old cherry pad printed windows logo cap. Cherry didn't produced it in doubleshot ever :/
It's a shame ... that's why I chose the modern Win-Key design available in doubleshot. Just wasn't aware if there is any place where those old win-keys were made in doubleshot.

Prelim

13 May 2016, 14:32

Cherry also had the Windows Vista modern logo, but even that was pad printed (along with the menu cap)
Spoiler:

ideus

13 May 2016, 14:39

Non-German ISO user here.

I need the 1.25 modifiers and the 1.75u shift. The other keys may serve as spare parts; however, I have no use for the new 1.5 key, but a novelty.

For the caps lock, I prefer the lock over the arrow and the control key would be very welcome.

Regarding windows keys I'd take any double shot over pad printed ones, any time. I think the windows 8 logos are double shot, I am writing on a Bluegaloo GMK set with a double shot window key.

The pricing is great and that makes this an attractive offering, thank you for your hard work, please make this happen.

Prelim

13 May 2016, 14:43

GMK windows caps are doubleshot of course ;)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 May 2016, 14:46

Thanks ideus, it's my pleasure.

@prelim: Not all of them:
All the Window-LED keys,Old Windows, Menu, Cherry icon are pad printed.
Others keys are double-shot.
Source:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80942.0

Such a shame, too bad GMK didn't make any old-win molds for that GB ;)

Prelim

13 May 2016, 14:49

ups sorry for the confusion! I was refering to the modern win8 caps ;)

kekstee

14 May 2016, 13:47

Yep, just the modern W8 ones.
With HHKB support I mostly refer to the possibility of a split backspace with the bs on ANSI "\|" instead of a 1u key. It's a very nice option for all the custom KBs out there.

Your basic HADapter serves users of other languages as well, which helps MOQ.
Split HHKB BS and R3 Ctrl should fly internationally as well, just the 1u \ will be hard to come by if you only offer the "HadHKB" 1u #.

Since these kits are pretty small it might just work out. I'm probably down for either.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

14 May 2016, 14:42

I see there are a few enthusiasts here that keep asking for more HHKB support. There is no retail keyboard with MX mount and HHKB layout. Even with the keys added we are still getting the whole bottom row wrong.

The only option I see here is adding a second set with the most requested and most useful specialty keys. But rather than aiming for a HHKB layout I'd be aiming for an Infinity 60% Standard layout. Maybe we can add a novelty R1 key with the DT logo to this set. Should those keys not require new molds, we could also add the missing split-backspace keys for selected ISO locales (DE, UK, ???)

I will require 50 paid pre-orders for both kits before I have them produced.

usopia

14 May 2016, 16:00

...count me in!

Muirium
µ

14 May 2016, 16:46

I'm a definite maybe. Depends on colour matching to originals and what I can squeeze out of it for a Windows key-free (but still all 1.25 unit) bottom row, and HHKB layout custom compatibility.

ideus

14 May 2016, 16:50

I think is time to have some mockups of the sets for the people to provide feedback, you can do that using the keyboard layout editor, I will be very happy to help, so just PM-me with a list of the keys that you want to be included and I can do the mockups for you.

Muirium
µ

14 May 2016, 17:45

Be specific about legends. Those are crucial here. (As in I need to have enough caps to make a full TKL 1.25 unit bottom row *without* resorting to Windows keys. I'm not about to start blighting my boards with that. /apparentrant

Wodan
ISO Advocate

14 May 2016, 19:21

Please check the opening post of this thread. I made a very precise but ugly mockup of the planned set.

It even contains the legends as planned. The "or" part is boiling down to the handbag symbol.

A mockup for the HADcore set will be up soon. Got to get in touch with GMK for that asking if R1 #-Keys will require new molds or are just normal 1u keys. Planning to put 6 keys MAX into the HADcore set aiming for a 12€ price point here including a novelty DT key. Any feedback on a R1 DT key in classic beige?

Edit:

Prelim

14 May 2016, 19:29

Wodan wrote: Any feedback on a R1 DT key in classic beige?
Just keep it classy ;)

Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Prelim on 14 May 2016, 19:31, edited 2 times in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

14 May 2016, 19:30

Yup, excitement anywhere?

need

14 May 2016, 19:32

Yes, I'm excited.

Phenix
-p

14 May 2016, 19:53

Also. What's about the hhkb backspace key?
Im also for the Control instead of handbag capslock key.

btw: Why is FN left orientated instead of instead of the middle?

typos due to my touch screen are possible

Wodan
ISO Advocate

14 May 2016, 20:08

All legends are left oriented

R3 control will be part of an extension kit for more exotic layouts.

faxe
5711 4 life

15 May 2016, 13:11

Excited as well!

photekq
Cherry Picker

15 May 2016, 13:24

Looks great! Amazing price too. I would LOVE to see the R3 1.75u Control stay. Would you maybe even consider adding a stepped version as well?

Muirium
µ

15 May 2016, 14:06

Stepped Control + Unstepped Control (no Caps Lock icons) would be very tempting for me too. Never been a fan of the handbag.

I'd need something to avoid those Windows keys and the Menu key, ideally too. Meta, Super or blanks…

Phenix
-p

15 May 2016, 14:11

I would also be interested in an replacement for the win keys.
Stepped/unstepped control key is very tempting

Wodan
ISO Advocate

15 May 2016, 14:43

Thanks for the additional input mates!

Extra 1.25u R4 keys in the HADcore/HADditional set sound good. Must be existing molds though since we can't afford many custom keys with the price point I have in mind. Will ask for a list of availble molds/designs for those keys.

Deeply sorry but stepped control is out of scope for both of these kits. My first priority is low cost here to make these kits as affordable as possible. The target group for these kits isn't veteran keyboard enthusiasts but people new to the game that want to outfit their Poker or Magicforce68 or Rapid-i with some sweet Cherry doubleshots. Stepped control is a fine treat for the Cherry connaisseur and should be part of a full mod kit.

Let me sum up what I have in mind for the HADditionals kit (the name keeps changing but you catch my drift ;) )

- R3 Control
- R2 Backspace (mod color OR alpha color ???)
- R1 #-key in UK and DE variant
- R1 DT logo novelty keycap
- R4 1.25 mod keys with alternate legends (1-2pcs.)

The price for the HADditionals kit should be 10€ for pre-orders and 12€ after the GB phase.

Edit:
As linked by hypkx earlier, please look at the two ICON backspace designs here and let me know if you prefer the light or the dark design:

Phenix
-p

15 May 2016, 14:48

R2 backspace in mod color imo
R4 1. 25 mod: please 2 pcs

Muirium
µ

15 May 2016, 14:59

I agree! HHKB backspace is mod coloured. Icon and text are both good. And HADditional is the canonical name!

But that sig, Phoenix. It's no not DT! Nix it already. Goddamn Taptalk making a mess…

Typed by thumb on my iPhone. Derp.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

15 May 2016, 15:10

Thanks Mürium, no further input required. HHKB and Infinity R2 backspace are mod colored, mod colors it is. One good argument works better for me than 100 personal opinions.

need

15 May 2016, 16:22

nice and quick !

kekstee

15 May 2016, 16:29

++ mod coloured, symbol for R2 bksp.

Return to “Marketplace Help”