Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Dec 2015, 10:25

I would rate it at much less because a collector will not want it for a huge sum with such a vital part missing,
and someone just wanting to use it will be looking for a functional keyboard, which it is not without that right space bar.

I for my part would buy it for not more than 50€,
spend about another 50€ for parts to be modded to usable and not-too-bad-looking space bars (including the left one),
and try to sell it as a non-original-condition, but usable keyboard - without expecting any return on the money and time invested.

The problem here is that those space bars are basically 3.5u (with a sliding cover letting them appear longer).
Such short space bars exist only on point-of-sale keyboards, but I have never seen 3.5u space bars before (and I do regularly browse POS keyboards).
As a solution one could use (and of course have to mod) two 4u space bars (rare, but not impossible to find), which would prevent completely closing both halves of the keyboard, or two 3u space bars, which would leave a 1u gap between the space bars.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

04 Dec 2015, 10:44

Could try a hack'n'glue on a standard spacebar or 3d print one. First option obviously won't be more than a poor excuse of a replacement and the second option, if possible at all, requires a lot of dedication and probably € too.

Maybe there are some JIS keyboards with 3.5u spacebars.

lootbag

06 Dec 2015, 01:33

How much is this complete Phantom worth?

scottc

06 Dec 2015, 06:02

To be honest, I think you're going to have a hard time selling a board with such an odd layout! I love the case though, how did you get that done? Is it just lasercut acrylic?

lootbag

06 Dec 2015, 13:39

scottc wrote: To be honest, I think you're going to have a hard time selling a board with such an odd layout! I love the case though, how did you get that done? Is it just lasercut acrylic?
Yeah, I figured it would be a hard sell, it was one of those experimental things.
Case is lasercut acrylic, I am still tweaking it to make it as thin as possible.
If there are no offers, I guess I will just continue to tweak the switches with springs and lube. :roll:

davkol

06 Dec 2015, 22:35

I'd be actually interested in a keyboard with such a layout, but it depends on price…

Caeyden

07 Dec 2015, 10:11

IMG_1589.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG (1004.68 KiB) Viewed 5904 times
Hey guys,

Recently got a Monterey K111 (Unbranded Siig Minitouch) with Monterey Blues. It's fairly used and yellowed, but I cleaned it all up and it feels great. Any idea how much I could get for this if I decided to sell it? I kinda miss 'clicky' keyboards after moving to Topre entirely, but at the same time, the constant noise also gives me a headache, so kind of on the fence and may sell it.

Muirium
µ

07 Dec 2015, 10:21

Japanese layout, nice. Are you sure it's called K111? My English layout one is K110.

Value: dunno. I like these boards, especially with montereys. But the caps feel chintzy. It's not quite a classic.

Caeyden

07 Dec 2015, 10:26

Muirium wrote: Japanese layout, nice. Are you sure it's called K111? My English layout one is K110.

Value: dunno. I like these boards, especially with montereys. But the caps feel chintzy. It's not quite a classic.
According to the wiki, the Japanese layout is K111. The English layout is K110. :) Been looking around and it seems the general consensus is $75 - 100?

pcaro

10 Dec 2015, 13:15

Is 30€ a good price for a Dell AT102W with spanish layout?

Chyros

10 Dec 2015, 14:50

pcaro wrote: Is 30€ a good price for a Dell AT102W with spanish layout?
International layout ones you can get for half that (I'm not even bothering to sell mine) but for a Spanish one I'm not sure. They're very easy to find in old offices though.

Scottex

10 Dec 2015, 20:52

pcaro wrote: Is 30€ a good price for a Dell AT102W with spanish layout?
too much, 20€ is the most I would pay for one in good condition

pcaro

11 Dec 2015, 13:58

Another question. The price for a IBM 3476 InfoWindow? I don't know what ibm keyboard it contains but it is a 122 keys one.

LeandreN

18 Dec 2015, 23:49

Mint OG skidata keyboard with no caps?
Might just solder the the MX clears outta it?

Prelim

18 Dec 2015, 23:51

LeandreN wrote: Mint OG skidata keyboard with no caps?
Might just solder the the MX clears outta it?
as an example: http://deskthority.net/f-o-r-s-a-l-e-f5 ... t7144.html

anyway, check /pm since I'm interested ;)

pcaro

21 Dec 2015, 13:27

A quote for a 122 Model M (also in spanish layout)?

rddm

22 Dec 2015, 19:45

How much worth a BTC 5100C new (ISO-PT I think)?

Zaphir

23 Dec 2015, 12:38

Hey. I need some money for a PC related project I have in mind (not mech keyboard related) and I am considering selling two of my keyboards, a switch tester, a couple keysets and some artisans.

I'd like to know roughly how much would these be worth.

- Pok3r white backlit, black alu case with Cherry MX Clears (ANSI)
- CM Storm Quickfire XT with Cherry MX Brown (ANSI)
- A NPKC 17 switch tester (with some Cherry, Gateron and Kailh switches, comes with keycaps);
- A Ducky Blue/Gray laser engraved thick PBT keyset (ANSI)
- A Vortex White backlit PBT+POM (thick) keyset (ANSI)
- A Tai-Hao PBT Bumble Bee keyset (ANSI)
- 3 artisans: one Watermelon (MX) from SnackKeys fruit basket and two HypeMonkeys (also MX) from KatzenKinder (GeekHack).

Everything is in mint condition. The keyboards come with their original packaging and accessories and the keysets look like brand new with no signs of shine.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

23 Dec 2015, 16:54

- Pok3r white backlit, black alu case with Cherry MX Clears (ANSI)
90$

- CM Storm Quickfire XT with Cherry MX Brown (ANSI)
80$

- A NPKC 17 switch tester (with some Cherry, Gateron and Kailh switches, comes with keycaps);
15$

- A Ducky Blue/Gray laser engraved thick PBT keyset (ANSI)
40$

- A Vortex White backlit PBT+POM (thick) keyset (ANSI)
30$

- A Tai-Hao PBT Bumble Bee keyset (ANSI)
30$

- 3 artisans: one Watermelon (MX) from SnackKeys fruit basket and two HypeMonkeys (also MX) from KatzenKinder (GeekHack).
Around 30$ each, a bit more for the Watermelon I think.

Zaphir

23 Dec 2015, 18:15

Thanks. For the most part they are more or less selling for what I had in mind, except the Pok3r, I paid a lot more than that for it (and it's brand new) and I am not willing to sell it for that price. I'm in Europe, so I'll have to adjust the prices accordingly.

gogusrl

23 Dec 2015, 18:32

I don't think ramnes noticed the black alu case. 90$ is a decent price for a regular poker 3.

Zaphir

23 Dec 2015, 19:30

Yes, but mine is one of the newer backlit models. It has about two full weeks of light use if that (it's like new, not a single scratch on the case, nothing). I got it from Amazon.co.uk for £104.99 (roughly 144€) without shipping. There's no way I'm letting it go for 90 bucks (or 90€). I'll have to think about it.

ettasian

23 Dec 2015, 20:44

Are Cherry PBT dye-subs still expensive as hell?

Muirium
µ

23 Dec 2015, 20:50

Do bears shit in the woods?

photekq
Cherry Picker

23 Dec 2015, 20:51

ettasian wrote: Are Cherry PBT dye-subs still expensive as hell?
Which layout?

ettasian

23 Dec 2015, 20:54

photekq wrote:
ettasian wrote: Are Cherry PBT dye-subs still expensive as hell?
Which layout?
German ISO I'm afraid :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

23 Dec 2015, 20:55

ettasian wrote: German ISO I'm afraid :lol:
50EUR for good condition. 75EUR for perfect, like new condition.

gogusrl

23 Dec 2015, 20:56

damn you photekq.

there's also this if anyone is looking for ANSI. Cheap as hell and looks awesome.

http://www.geekkeys.com/geekkeys-dark-g ... pre-order/

ettasian

23 Dec 2015, 21:01

photekq wrote:
ettasian wrote: German ISO I'm afraid :lol:
50EUR for good condition. 75EUR for perfect, like new condition.
Whoa, thanks! You might find them in marketplace soon :lol:

SoUL

25 Dec 2015, 14:24

Hey!
Looking to get rid of some keyboards and would love some help with pricing ( Euro ).

1. Leopold FC660C ( Dye-Sublimated PBT keycap, grey )
Impulse buy...Used for no more than 2 weeks.

2. Poker 2 ( w/ Blue switches, PBT keycaps and blank RGB modifiers )
http://imgur.com/a/fgC6a
I've used this daily for roughly half a year before I put it away.

Thanks!

Return to “Marketplace Help”