Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 13:41

kbdfr wrote: Well, then you know how much it's worth to you :lol:
I did not ask that. Each person pays what want, it is very personal. I like G80-1800, and it is with doubleshots ... is nice for me.

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2016, 13:49

Then you aren't asking. You are advertising.

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 13:51

I do not know whether you are troll, or what ... if you do not know give me an answer, then say that. My question was simple: what is the pricing of this keyboard, as objective as possible. Not if I have spent so much, or not, etc.

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2016, 13:53

I don't know a number, personally. As Cherry is not my thing. The other guys have told you several times that you are thinking too high. I don't think you're going to convince them otherwise!

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 13:55

If you mean the thread I created ... I said the real price of sale the current G80 is 80EUR, and nothing else. In no time I said I bought a bargain or is the Holy Grail of keyboards.

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2016, 14:00

Why the temper then? If you're confident you weren't ripped off, good for you.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

23 Feb 2016, 14:01

photekq wrote:
Wodan wrote: UK layout is rarer than DE layout and this is an exceptional layout for doubleshots. I'd say at least 150€ each if they went on auction ... Considering the condition.
Nah, I think 150EUR is too much. 100 maybe.
If the Cherry picker says 100€, it's as accurate an estimate as you'll get.

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 14:02

guk wrote:
photekq wrote:
Wodan wrote: UK layout is rarer than DE layout and this is an exceptional layout for doubleshots. I'd say at least 150€ each if they went on auction ... Considering the condition.
Nah, I think 150EUR is too much. 100 maybe.
If the Cherry picker says 100€, it's as accurate an estimate as you'll get.
Thanks you. Finally a correct answer.

Regards

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Feb 2016, 14:05

I find while £15.50 like in the first eBay round was a real bargain, the second round was rather overpriced at £65.50.
And mind you, I am an eager Cherry collector.

@Thvle:
- when you ask questions, please provide the correct info in order not to let those answering lose their time. Posting a pic taken from the net was a bad idea;
- answers to your questions are not wrong just because you don't like them.

And yes, Muirium is a troll when it comes to Cherry

berserkfan

24 Feb 2016, 16:32

deleted and updated below
Last edited by berserkfan on 26 Feb 2016, 03:35, edited 3 times in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

24 Feb 2016, 16:39

Not sure what how to gauge the IBM's, but the SSK should go for something high.

What are jailhouse blues?

derzemel

24 Feb 2016, 17:30

Redmaus wrote: What are jailhouse blues?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38091.0

alh84001
v.001

25 Feb 2016, 16:40

How much valued is a 1992 122-key model M with Italian ISO layout?

Halvar

25 Feb 2016, 18:04

M-122s are not sought after a lot. They don't work with a PC without a converter, and the hardware of the keyboard isn't that great either (1KRO). I'd say may be between 40 and 50 € if it's one of the PC compatible models (with a ps/2 connector and additional blue PC legends). If it a regular one with an RJ-45 connector maybe 20 to 30 €.

More if the key caps are special, for example with APL symbols.

Muirium
µ

25 Feb 2016, 18:05

Yeah, sounds fair. (I have one too. It's more likely to wind up as a gift than for sale.)

berserkfan

26 Feb 2016, 03:37

Halvar wrote: M-122s are not sought after a lot. They don't work with a PC without a converter, and the hardware of the keyboard isn't that great either (1KRO). I'd say may be between 40 and 50 € if it's one of the PC compatible models (with a ps/2 connector and additional blue PC legends). If it a regular one with an RJ-45 connector maybe 20 to 30 €.

More if the key caps are special, for example with APL symbols.
I bolt modded one, teensy modded a few, and also have NIB Model M-122s teensy modded. Surely they should be worth more than 50 Euros shipped? If not, it is not worth shipping.

See my price check thread.

If people don't want what I have, when I move I'll just throw everything away. Better than paying rent on them.

berserkfan

26 Feb 2016, 03:37

superceded
Last edited by berserkfan on 28 Mar 2016, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

ohaimark
Kingpin

26 Feb 2016, 05:13

Here are the items I can help you with, or at least get you in the ballpark on:

Model F XT, USB teensy modded
-- $40 + S&H

Model F XT, USB teensy modded, normal space bar modded, plate painted (I have 2 of these but can't remember what mod I did to differentiate them
-- $60 + S&H

Model F XT, USB teensy modded, portable version (aluminum plate)
-- $50 + S&H

Model F AT, USB teensy modded, normal space bar modded, ANSI modded, alt keys added, plate dremeled and painted
(also have 2 of these, I cut the plates differently so the only difference should be minor and inside. One is painted white the other black.)
-- $150 + S&H

Model F 122, USB teensy modded (may have been painted green)
-- $80 + S&H (green paint kills value)

Model F 122, USB teensy modded, plate painted, space bar modded, ANSI modded (I have 2 but can't remember what I did. IIRC one Model F was painted green and one silver but I don't remember if these were the two I took apart for ANSI mod.)
-- $120 + S&H

Model F 122, stock
-- $90 + S&H

IBM 6113442 (Chinese) and 6112884 (Japanese) Alps T-mount, USB teensy modded, programmed to near-ANSI. NIB otherwise.
-- NO IDEA... Maybe $60 + S&H?

bolt modded Model M SSK, USB teensy modded, backplate painted
-- $230 + S&H MAY BE WORTH MORE

bolt modded Model M, USB teensy modded
-- $110 + S&H

bolt modded and painted Model M 122, USB teensy modded
-- $80 + S&H (+ for bolt mod, - for paint)

Model M 122, USB teensy modded, NIB otherwise. (IE comes in original box)
-- $60 + S&H

Model M 122 by Lexmark, NIB except USB teensy modded (this uses different scancodes so programmed differently.)
-- $60 + S&H

Model M-13 trackpoint with spare set of keycaps. Two sets of WoB keycaps, both in mint condition! Trackpoint REMOVED and discarded.
-- $100 + S&H MAY BE WORTH MORE

Model F 50 keys, USB teensy modded
-- $125 + S&H, assuming it has a metal case

Model M5-2 with working trackball, stock, in box
-- NO IDEA, likely $125 + S&H

Model M-122, stock
-- $35 + S&H

Model F Bigfoot, stock
-- $70 + S&H

Model F AT, stock
-- $110 + S&H

scottc

26 Feb 2016, 11:27

-- $40 + S&H

Model F XT, USB teensy modded, normal space bar modded, plate painted (I have 2 of these but can't remember what mod I did to differentiate them
-- $60 + S&H
These sound like incredibly lowball offers to me. The Teensy alone is almost $20... :?

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2016, 11:33

But they're a bitch to desolder, and besides we want low prices don't we?

Damn it. $150 for the AT that caught my eye. Oh well. Forget that idea.

Khers

26 Feb 2016, 11:43

I agree, Scott, there is an interesting mix of low balls and rather high ones. But otoh, prices on these seem to fluctuate quite a bit. When Phosphorglow sells his refurbished SSKs for sub $200 I have a hard time seeing anyone paying more, but now that there was a while since he did so, I guess you could get $230.

The only thing I'm rather certain of value wise is that F122s have been rather steady at approximately $100 for a while (at least since Cindy). The standard deviation on other Fs seem remarkably large, but around $100 is a good base price for an AT and around half of that for a XT or Bigfoot. Most M122s are not particularly valuable due to their poor KRO-performance. Mu said a while ago that he pulled a Teensy out of his when the keyboard wouldn't sell for more than the cost of the Teensy.

Regarding the non-IBMs of berserkfan's post, I have no clue. If you find a buyer who values your modifications, I guess you could get a little money back from your modifications, but I'd use half the price when new as a starting estimate for the stock ones and look for offers on the other ones.

scottc

26 Feb 2016, 11:47

I agree with Khers here.
IBM 6113442 (Chinese) and 6112884 (Japanese) Alps T-mount, USB teensy modded, programmed to near-ANSI. NIB otherwise.
-- NO IDEA... Maybe $60 + S&H?
Don't these sell for $20 + shipping from the USA too..?

photekq
Cherry Picker

26 Feb 2016, 11:59

ohaimark wrote: Here are the items I can help you with, or at least get you in the ballpark on:

-- $40 + S&H

-- $60 + S&H

-- $50 + S&H

Model F AT, USB teensy modded, normal space bar modded, ANSI modded, alt keys added, plate dremeled and painted
(also have 2 of these, I cut the plates differently so the only difference should be minor and inside. One is painted white the other black.)
-- $150 + S&H

-- $80 + S&H (green paint kills value)

Model F 122, USB teensy modded, plate painted, space bar modded, ANSI modded (I have 2 but can't remember what I did. IIRC one Model F was painted green and one silver but I don't remember if these were the two I took apart for ANSI mod.)
-- $120 + S&H

Model F 122, stock
-- $90 + S&H

Model F AT, stock
-- $110 + S&H
You're joking, right? These are all absurdly low. I had a very good chuckle at the $150 F AT. The amount of work that has been put into that is worth $150 alone! The addition of Alts isn't an easy mod..

I do wish I could give proper price checks, but I'm not that good on the prices of IBMs. However, even a Cherry Picker such as myself knows that the above prices are very low :?

scottc

26 Feb 2016, 12:13

I don't know photekq, I think you probably have different price thresholds than the rest of us here...

berserkfan

26 Feb 2016, 12:20

I can't say I feel good at all the estimates given so far, but I appreciate the discussion because I know more info will emerge with time.

People who lowball just won't get stuff, simple as that.

All of my mods have been towards getting a more usable, practical keyboard. So I hope real users will step forward and buy at the real prices they are prepared to pay to get a usable Model F.

BTW as someone who has actually put in the work, I will say that ohaimark isn't going to get his stuff. Nobody who has taken apart a Model F in order to do the spacebar mod, is going to sell cheap, because the very act of putting back together a Model F is worse than desoldering 100 LEDs.

photekq
Cherry Picker

26 Feb 2016, 12:32

scottc wrote: I don't know photekq, I think you probably have different price thresholds than the rest of us here...
Not for IBM I don't.. I'm talking about reasonable market prices here. Not ebay prices, but not Cindy prices either!

Here, I'll give my appraisals for the items I quoted. I'm not saying these are 100% accurate, but I'm certain they're far closer to the ballpark than the other ones.

I am assuming good-very good condition for the keyboards in the below appraisals, as the condition was not specified.

$75 ($50 for the keyboard, $25 for the Teensy and the work required)

$85-95

$75

$250 - I say this because of the sheer amount of work put into the modifications. The keyboard alone is worth about $125-150 if in good condition, add the teensy, then add the work required. See here to get an idea of how much work is needed for this mod. This is by far the biggest lowball given.

$150.. Maybe less depending on how good the paint job is.

$175.. Maybe less depending on whether it's painted and how good the paint job is.

Model F 122, stock
$100-125

Model F AT, stock
$125-150

Halvar

26 Feb 2016, 12:42

I agree. Berserkfan, to get adequate prices, you need to find real users, who just buy these because they want a really good keyboard with retro appeal to use, with no own effort. I'm not sure if you will find these on GH or DT. The problem might be a) finding them and b) convincing them that your DIY mods work without problems.

Khers

26 Feb 2016, 13:00

I should add that my estimates are for non-modded stock keyboards. I think that it's very difficult to value modifications, not least du to the time involved. The ANSI-modded AT is a great example of this; modernising the mods on this keyboard requires time and skill in such an extent that the time required amounts to quite a lot of money. What you end up with is not a bad feat either, it's effectively a modern-layout F and the only other such keyboards are the 4704s. Sure, it's larger than the F62 and the F77, but somewhat comparable in bulk to the F107. While the AT is not made from aluminium, USV converted F107s seem to be at around $350, so I'd guess that photekq, as usual, is on the money on that one.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

26 Feb 2016, 13:51

photekq wrote: Model F XT, USB teensy modded
$75 ($50 for the keyboard, $25 for the Teensy and the work required)

$85-95

$75
Still lowball. I would price them around 100$ each.

I agree on your other prices; 250$ for a modded F AT is a bit high though, but it's fair if the keyboard is in perfect condition.

Khers

26 Feb 2016, 14:01

If the "normal space bar modded" implies the same type of mod as on the AT, then yes that is a bit low. However, the XTm unlike the AT and F122, doesn't have the required pads on the PCB for additional modifiers, which makes me wonder what the mod actually is. I know that the stock XT spacebar is heavy as hell, and that you can bend the stab a bit to mitigate that (done so, to great effect), but the wording makes it sound a bit more involved.

Return to “Marketplace Help”