Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

ArtyomTheMetroHopper

16 Dec 2022, 12:19

inozenz wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 12:10
ArtyomTheMetroHopper wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 11:54
What is the current market value of a Model F "Bigfoot"? Last update I have seen was around 80
a brother when did you last seen that? in europe its well around 200+€ i think in the us its around 160+$
this is from my personal ebay observations and im observing quite a bit.

obviously u can catch deals, i got my bigfoot 1 week ago for 160€ shipped.
Saw it here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16&p=402650&hilit= ... ue#p402650

Obviously outdated but I wanted to double check, I have a board that I picked up for around 200 euros and I am considering putting it up for trade at some point and don't want to over/under value it

inozenz

16 Dec 2022, 12:33

16 Dec 2022, 12:19
inozenz wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 12:10
16 Dec 2022, 11:54
What is the current market value of a Model F "Bigfoot"? Last update I have seen was around 80
a brother when did you last seen that? in europe its well around 200+€ i think in the us its around 160+$
this is from my personal ebay observations and im observing quite a bit.

obviously u can catch deals, i got my bigfoot 1 week ago for 160€ shipped.
Saw it here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16&p=402650&hilit= ... ue#p402650

Obviously outdated but I wanted to double check, I have a board that I picked up for around 200 euros and I am considering putting it up for trade at some point and don't want to over/under value it
that is the current going rate for sure

ChewDrebby

27 Dec 2022, 22:06

2x OG Cherry Dyesub sets with missing keys (yeah i even went 2nd time in recycling center to find the keys)- https://imgur.com/a/yEzNxOJ

inozenz

27 Dec 2022, 23:06

ChewDrebby wrote:
2x OG Cherry Dyesub sets with missing keys (yeah i even went 2nd time in recycling center to find the keys)- https://imgur.com/a/yEzNxOJ
complete the top key set and ull have a 1k dye sub set for sale

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Dec 2022, 07:10

inozenz wrote:
27 Dec 2022, 23:06
ChewDrebby wrote:
complete the top key set and ull have a 1k dye sub set for sale
Which, of course, is easy: simply take the PrtSc key from the bottom set to the top set.
And if necessary, doing the same with a broken switch slider is a matter of two needles and a few seconds.

Jugostran

08 Jan 2023, 01:35

macmakkara wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:48
IMG_20220911_173737.jpg
IMG_20220911_173757.jpg
IMG_20220911_173843.jpg

Good ol beamspring. Worth 1000+€?
I'd say yes.

Cyber Junkie

09 Feb 2023, 09:09

Hello.
Is this have any interest to anyone?
How much would it be worth (if anything)?
Alps.tw OD1 keyswitches.
Esc keyswitch plastic little broke when I cleaned it.
Many keys stuck.
Connected and basically works (some keys are repeated + some don't work).
Thanks !

https://imgur.com/a/aFrgmoZ

imbattable

13 Mar 2023, 15:54

I have not been able to keep up with the hobby as much as I wanted in the past years and want to clear out my collection a bit.

I've searched mechmarket, geekhack and here for pricing, but additional insight would be much appreciated!

Images in spoilers to not clutter the post to much.

Realforce 104UB-KD XF11R0, 45g, comes with 4 red WASD and a grey Esc-key. Seems to be a relatively rare keycap colorway. Has a few spots of corrosion on the plate. Is ~250 EUR realistic for this?
Spoiler:
Topre PBT Space bars. Was thinking about ~10 EUR each?
Spoiler:
DELL branded Model M, made in '95 by Lexmark. Floss modded. Worth ~100 EUR?
Spoiler:
Varmilo VA87M with MX Greens and mint top-dyesubbed and side-lasered PBT caps. I paid an enormeous amount back in the day through Massdrop and for shipping and customs, I guess it is not worth the 250+ EUR that cost me. Can I get ~200 EUR for this?
Spoiler:
Leopold FC 660M with MX Clears and grey lasered PBT keycaps. Seems to be going for cheap, so 70€?
Spoiler:
IMSTO Cherry profile PBT sets "Odessa" and "Black Win98". Odessa seems to be quite in demand, so I think 150€, while Win98 less so, so I'd say 80 EUR?

Artisan Skull keycap. No idea where I even got this from and how much they go for.
Spoiler:
DSA Granite - first run. Includes
Granite Set
Granite Intl: DE, IT, FR
Granite Icon Modifiers
Granite Icon Pro Modifiers
Granite Numpad
Granite Nerdom kit
Granite Icon RGB
And I think a few random others, I need to sort through this again. 180 EUR all in all?
Spoiler:
One full set each of ISO-DE Cherry Dyesub and Doubleshots (SAD and HAD), ~140 EUR each?

Cyber Junkie

12 Apr 2023, 21:28

Hello again.
Does anyone know what type of switch this is?

Cyber Junkie

12 Apr 2023, 23:29

Cyber Junkie wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 21:28
Hello again.
Does anyone know what type of switch this is?
I have found out it is Alps ultra low profile.
Some keyboard pictures (not cleaned yet).
Just a cash register keyboard.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

caberolo

01 May 2023, 19:56

Hello to all of you

I have been offered an IBM Model F XT keyboard for about 100 € plus shipping. It looks good, but is missing a couple of keys. Also, the identification number is a bit strange.

On the other hand, in the pictures it looks like the stems are the same or very similar to those of the Model M. As far as I know, they should be different, similar to those of the Model M rubber dome, am I right?

If the keycaps can be changed, I could use it as QWERTY in Spanish, instead of the French AZERTY, using the ones from another Model M I have at home.

Best regards.
model_f-1.jpg
model_f-1.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 29608 times
model_f-2.jpg
model_f-2.jpg (70.37 KiB) Viewed 29608 times
model_f-3.jpg
model_f-3.jpg (41.18 KiB) Viewed 29608 times

TNT

01 May 2023, 20:31

caberolo wrote:
01 May 2023, 19:56
Hello to all of you

I have been offered an IBM Model F XT keyboard for about 100 € plus shipping. It looks good, but is missing a couple of keys. Also, the identification number is a bit strange.

On the other hand, in the pictures it looks like the stems are the same or very similar to those of the Model M. As far as I know, they should be different, similar to those of the Model M rubber dome, am I right?

If the keycaps can be changed, I could use it as QWERTY in Spanish, instead of the French AZERTY, using the ones from another Model M I have at home.

Best regards.

model_f-1.jpg
model_f-2.jpg
model_f-3.jpg
Hello back to you!

The keycaps of Model M and Model F boards are freely interchangeable (that means inbetween rows and also boards). Ms and Fs came with compatible caps. At some point with the Ms (as part of the cost cutting measures I assume) IBM moved to a two-part keycap design. The barrels look pretty much the same. If I interpret that right, you meant the barrels when you compared the "stems" to the ones of IBM rubberdome boards. I've attached two photos of an open F77 with a Model M two-parts cap and Barrel next to it.
Spoiler:
IMG_20230501_202349.jpg
IMG_20230501_202349.jpg (3.2 MiB) Viewed 29595 times
IMG_20230501_202334.jpg
IMG_20230501_202334.jpg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 29595 times
It seems that someone "plugged" the barrels of the two missing caps on this board with the lower half of IBM Model M caps.

While it'll be a bit hard two source those two keycaps with the giant step, I think 100 is a great price for an original F in a condition like this.

I don't have that much experience with F serial numbers. What exactly is strange about this one?
Last edited by TNT on 02 May 2023, 18:03, edited 2 times in total.

caberolo

02 May 2023, 17:53

Thank you very much for your reply.
TNT wrote:
Hello back to you!

The keycaps of Model M and Model F boards are freely interchangeable (that means inbetween rows and also boards). Ms and Fs came with compatible caps. At some point with the Ms (as part of the cost cutting measures I assume) IBM moved to a two-part keycap design. The barrels look pretty much the same. If I interpret that right, you meant the barrels when you compared the "stems" to the ones of IBM rubberdome boards. I've attached two photos of an open F77 with a Model M two-parts cap and Barrel next to it.
Spoiler:
IMG_20230501_202349.jpgIMG_20230501_202334.jpg
You are right. I wrote stems when I was thinking of barrels.
TNT wrote:
I don't have that much experience with F serial numbers. What exactly is strange about this one?
It seems that someone "plucked" the barrels of the two missing caps on this board with the lower half of IBM Model M caps.
According to this page, the Part Number should be 1501101. Searching the internet, I have not found any reference to IBM keyboards with any of those numbers on the label.
TNT wrote:
While it'll be a bit hard two source those two keycaps with the giant step, I think 100 is a great price for an original F in a condition like this.
Thanks for your evaluation. I will try to lower the price a bit. I found a seller on ebay who has some of these keys.

chiptea

09 May 2023, 04:26

Trying again for an estimate on my Nissho.
This time with pictures since it's been dug out of storage...
Attachments
20230505_103213.jpg
20230505_103213.jpg (3.52 MiB) Viewed 29454 times
20230505_102303.jpg
20230505_102303.jpg (3.26 MiB) Viewed 29454 times
20230505_102532.jpg
20230505_102532.jpg (4.26 MiB) Viewed 29454 times

Muirium
µ

09 May 2023, 23:26

This one rings a bell. I could reprise and tell you Someone should pay a princely sum for it because I like this comely beast. Then Photekq could come on, for a well deserved round of applause, to correct me in a delightful sotto voce. :D

Edit: looks like I misremembered. This one is worth a bit. You just posted it by coincidence soon after my bad call.

chiptea

10 May 2023, 03:57

Muirium wrote:
This one rings a bell. I could reprise and tell you Someone should pay a princely sum for it because I like this comely beast. Then Photekq could come on, for a well deserved round of applause, to correct me in a delightful sotto voce. :D

Edit: looks like I misremembered. This one is worth a bit. You just posted it by coincidence soon after my bad call.
Not quite sure what you mean. I reposted as I really don't think an auction sale with a single bidder on an obscure japanese site is really an accurate evaluation of anything's worth. I ended up digging around a bit and as far as recent(ish) sales that I've found, one came up for sale on Reddit for just shy of 1k 4 years ago. Another for a similar price 3 years ago. Within the past year one traded hands for an Unsaver. I was hesitant to ask that sort of money without a second opinion but given the info I guess Unsaver territory is where I'll be looking unless someone chimes in to say otherwise.

inozenz

10 May 2023, 10:37

chiptea wrote:
Muirium wrote:

Not quite sure what you mean. I reposted as I really don't think an auction sale with a single bidder on an obscure japanese site is really an accurate evaluation of anything's worth. I ended up digging around a bit and as far as recent(ish) sales that I've found, one came up for sale on Reddit for just shy of 1k 4 years ago. Another for a similar price 3 years ago. Within the past year one traded hands for an Unsaver. I was hesitant to ask that sort of money without a second opinion but given the info I guess Unsaver territory is where I'll be looking unless someone chimes in to say otherwise.
its worth the price tag u give. but u need to find a buyer that thinnks its the same value as the one you give your keyboard.
Prices are changing, what ever is hot right now sells good meanwhile others dont. for example beamspring keyboards vlaue have drastically decreased imo.

Muirium
µ

10 May 2023, 14:54

inozenz wrote:
10 May 2023, 10:37
for example beamspring keyboards vlaue have drastically decreased imo.
That helps soothe my longstanding anguish about selling one for 250 to Seebart, long ago. Sure it was a fixer upper, but still.

If Unsavers are in vogue, how about rubber dome Unsavers? I almost bought one of those by mistake, back in the day. :lol:

soyuz

11 May 2023, 02:12

Trades are a terrible way of defining value compared to sales, because they hinge entirely on what two individuals think their stuff is worth to them rather than what will generally move. I've traded very "valuable" things for what, to the market, would be comparatively junk. I've been told by friends I've made bad deals, but fundamentally I was just more interested in the things the other people had, over the "valuable" things I had.

I could have made plenty of money selling stuff I've traded away on the open market as well, but for me "cool board" > "valuable board" > money

photekq
Cherry Picker

11 May 2023, 03:27

chiptea wrote:
Jauce, the site I linked, is a proxy service for Yahoo Auctions that stores auction info for longer. In regards to how good of a gauge Yahoo Auctions is, I don't think that's a fair assessment of things. Yahoo Auctions might be an obscure, foreign site to the layman, but for keyboard collectors it's one of the first places they would think to look. There really isn't much that gets listed there that goes under the radar; rarer specimens that have shown up there in the past have reached prices that are just as absurd as some eBay auctions - i.e, probably above the price it would reach if sold elsewhere.

Also, maybe I should have mentioned when I posted those links in the past - that seller sold a lot of KB106DEs, starting in mid 2021. Iirc somewhere around 10~20 units. Those particular two that I linked had been up for a long time, with the seller gradually lowering the price. That's why they ended with only one bidder. If I remember correctly, two of the first batch that he put up went for a fair bit more than those. I no longer have links to those early sales though, and the end prices very quickly went downhill - I think that was a case of one or two people being desperate for the model.

But I'm really only saying the above for the sake of defending Yahoo Auctions as a source for pricing information. It has little gauge on your KB106DE, because now that you've posted photos of it - it's clearly in better condition than the two that I linked to.

A prolific Topre collector was selling a KB106DE in a more comparable state to yours for around $800 about 1 month ago. His seemed to have more texture loss on the keys, it's hard to tell from your photos. And his casing looked a bit more yellowed, but not by much. Yours seems to have more small damages on the keycaps on the downside though, which might just about cancel out the other factors (this is subjective). I think he sold it within a few days, which would suggest to me that it was a pretty fair price - if it were too low, it would've sold in a matter of minutes/hours, and if it were too high it would've sat for longer. This is the best current reference I can give you for pricing yours.

I can show you some pictures in private if you want proof of that one, but I don't want to go sharing private messages publicly.

The only other current reference I can give you is this Yahoo Auctions seller. He has lots of them up for a buy-it-now price of 40,000JPY. Every now and then one sells, but they've been up for quite a while. Again, same as the last seller, I think some of the ones he put up at the start went for a bit more.

mcmaxmcmc

11 May 2023, 09:16

chiptea wrote:
Muirium wrote:

Looking at prices four years ago won't really give you an accurate price estimate. A lot has happened since then -- A *lot* of Nisshos have popped up since that trade (back then, Nisshos were quite rare and the Unsaver guy wanted one for a long time). Even back then the Unsaver-Nissho trade was a big outlier. Nowadays scuffed ones can be gotten for less than $500 and a clean one takes a little more.

If you still want to sell a Nissho for Unsaver money nowadays, I wish you luck -- you'll need it.

chiptea

11 May 2023, 09:31

mcmaxmcmc wrote:
11 May 2023, 09:16
chiptea wrote:
Muirium wrote:

Looking at prices four years ago won't really give you an accurate price estimate. A lot has happened since then -- A *lot* of Nisshos have popped up since that trade (back then, Nisshos were quite rare and the Unsaver guy wanted one for a long time). Even back then the Unsaver-Nissho trade was a big outlier. Nowadays scuffed ones can be gotten for less than $500 and a clean one takes a little more.

If you still want to sell a Nissho for Unsaver money nowadays, I wish you luck -- you'll need it.
I appreciate the insight. I've been out of the loop for quite a long time so the refresher is much appreciated. I've still had troubles finding transactions newer than 2020.

I'll adjust my expectations - and my price.

peekuh

09 Jun 2023, 08:12

Hello, can i get a price check on NOS loose space invader switches. Thanks!
https://imgur.com/a/5rtRtpy

inozenz

09 Jun 2023, 09:43

peekuh wrote:
id say maximum of 40 cents, it might be nos but the condition is not good imo, the gold plating is already off.

Muirium
µ

09 Jun 2023, 10:39

Indeed. I've not seen them so worn in any of my (very much NOT NOS) boards.

Should look like this:
Spoiler:

peekuh

09 Jun 2023, 13:53

inozenz wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 09:43
peekuh wrote:
id say maximum of 40 cents, it might be nos but the condition is not good imo, the gold plating is already off.
Any chance that the gray-ish coating on the contacts is oxidation? If yes, is there a way to restore them to their original state? These were lying around in a box for a very long time.

peekuh

09 Jun 2023, 15:09

Muirium wrote:

Should look like this:
Spoiler:
the black coating is present on a couple of switches but i have quite a few that look like the one in your picture. What should the price for those ideally be?
https://imgur.com/a/N4FZAHc

inozenz

09 Jun 2023, 16:53

peekuh wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 15:09
Muirium wrote:

Should look like this:
Spoiler:
the black coating is present on a couple of switches but i have quite a few that look like the one in your picture. What should the price for those ideally be?
https://imgur.com/a/N4FZAHc
sry not really sure as there is little to no market for space invaders. the only market that happened was the huge group buy of nos spaceinvaders. you decide for yourself and see if someone wants it. if the other ones look great id say 0,60 per switch?

undefineDname

28 Aug 2023, 13:13

What would be your estimate for this?
Attachments
1000027061.jpg
1000027061.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 27733 times
1000027062.jpg
1000027062.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 27733 times
1000027059.jpg
1000027059.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 27733 times

DocFreud

02 Oct 2023, 00:41

Hello everybody. What would be an estimate for IBM keyboard clone BTC KB3270?
IMG_20231001_234541.jpg
IMG_20231001_234541.jpg (4.2 MiB) Viewed 26805 times
IMG_20231001_234608.jpg
IMG_20231001_234608.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 26805 times
IMG_20231001_233557.jpg
IMG_20231001_233557.jpg (4.49 MiB) Viewed 26805 times
IMG_20231001_233859.jpg
IMG_20231001_233859.jpg (4.25 MiB) Viewed 26805 times
IMG_20231001_233947.jpg
IMG_20231001_233947.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 26805 times
IMG_20231001_234028.jpg
IMG_20231001_234028.jpg (3.56 MiB) Viewed 26805 times