Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Khers

03 Jun 2016, 15:31

Maybe, but I'd say that the fact that it's a hopelessly scarce Norwegian layout increases its price a bit over the more common HAMPO and HAMDE 5ks. I might be overestimating its influence however, and I might be outright wrong. And it does seem to be in rather good nick, maybe not BNIB, but still.

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 Jun 2016, 16:03

300EUR is typical price for a Portuguese/DE MX5000 BNIB.

UKKeycaps

05 Jun 2016, 16:48

Any opinions on the Industrial grey model M?

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Jun 2016, 16:52

UKKeycaps wrote: Any opinions on the Industrial grey model M?
What's the specific model number?

UKKeycaps

05 Jun 2016, 17:48

photekq wrote:
1388032 :D

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Jun 2016, 19:02

Hard to gauge that one. It's the 1985 model, right? I've seen very few of them, and typically when it comes to M's the older ones fetch higher prices. 1985 is about as old as you'll get, and of course the fact that it's an industrial (and a square black label one at that) will bump the price up quite significantly.

I'm not great when it comes to M's so I'll let someone else appraise it, but expect a high price!

Out of curiosity : Are you looking to buy or looking to sell?

Wazazaby

06 Jun 2016, 13:35

Price for a JD40 with MX Reds, and Clear on the spacebar!

Chyros

06 Jun 2016, 14:20

UKKeycaps wrote: 1388032 :D
photekq wrote: Hard to gauge that one. It's the 1985 model, right? I've seen very few of them, and typically when it comes to M's the older ones fetch higher prices. 1985 is about as old as you'll get, and of course the fact that it's an industrial (and a square black label one at that) will bump the price up quite significantly.

I'm not great when it comes to M's so I'll let someone else appraise it, but expect a high price!

Out of curiosity : Are you looking to buy or looking to sell?
1985 or 1985. They're very rare. The black metal badge is really kickass.

Mine is undated but the controller is from 1984, it's one of the Mandolin models, probably from 1985; it appears to be a very early production model fitted with prototype parts including an EEPROM (?) chip. That one was estimated at £300 or more iirc. After I put out my video tour of it I've had a considerable amount of offers for it xD . I suspect you'll have no trouble shifting it at all!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 Jun 2016, 14:38

UKKeycaps wrote:
photekq wrote:
1388032 :D
€ 400-500 depending on the condition.

scottc

06 Jun 2016, 16:25

What?! For a full-size industrial M?! I am shocked... I would've guessed maybe 50% of that. :?

alh84001
v.001

06 Jun 2016, 16:35

The vintage and the square label add considerably. To my eye that black square label is simply much more powerful than the black oval.

Phenix
-p

06 Jun 2016, 20:27

recently I got an IBM M with that logo. Sticker inside says from 87.
How much would one value this?

Sayso

06 Jun 2016, 20:50

alh84001 wrote: The vintage and the square label add considerably. To my eye that black square label is simply much more powerful than the black oval.
Powerful ? You mean it makes us type faster ? :lol:

alh84001
v.001

06 Jun 2016, 21:09

I'm not a native english speaker so something might have been lost in translation :). I meant powerful in a way that it is much more impressive, it makes a much more powerful impression.

Karandach

07 Jun 2016, 22:58

Hi !

What is your estimate for this keyboard ? G81-1000 HDU (label IN2, subsidiary of Siemens)

Condition :
Worn key in the middle. Three indelible marks on keys. Other keys in good condition.
Case in good condition but a visible mark on the top.

Thank you for your interest ! :)

seebart

08 Jun 2016, 15:17

Cherry experts, what is this G80-2100 HCD worth? More pics available.
IMG_20160608_150138.jpg
IMG_20160608_150138.jpg (894.64 KiB) Viewed 5096 times
Phenix wrote: recently I got an IBM M with that logo. Sticker inside says from 87.
How much would one value this?
What is the overall condition of the keyboard?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 Jun 2016, 15:26

I really doubt anyone would pay 400-500€ for that industrial model M, even with that nice badge. I'd say around 300€, but then I don't really follow IBM market those days.
Karandach wrote: What is your estimate for this keyboard ? G81-1000 HDU (label IN2, subsidiary of Siemens)

Condition :
Worn key in the middle. Three indelible marks on keys. Other keys in good condition.
Case in good condition but a visible mark on the top.

[pics]

Thank you for your interest ! :)
~100$
seebart wrote: Cherry experts, what is this G80-2100 HCD worth? More pics available.
IMG_20160608_150138.jpg
Looks in very good condition, is it NIB?

I'd say somewhere between 120 and 140$, more if you have the box, less if caps show some signs of use.

seebart

08 Jun 2016, 15:42

It is not NIB and I do not have the case and yes the caps do have shine.

Chyros

08 Jun 2016, 16:48

I love the little flap pad on the PF block, that's amazing. Definitely one of the more interesting Cherry boards I've seen so far :D .

seebart

08 Jun 2016, 17:03

Chyros wrote: I love the little flap pad on the PF block, that's amazing. Definitely one of the more interesting Cherry boards I've seen so far :D .
It's really more decoration IMO, not sure who would actually take notes on there? :?

alh84001
v.001

08 Jun 2016, 17:11

It would be crazy to take notes I agree :), but to note what each key does in different programs, OSs, whatnot, it makes perfect sense, especially in a professional environment where multiple people use the same station.

seebart

08 Jun 2016, 17:13

Shortcuts etc. sure.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 Jun 2016, 17:23

Those label flaps are pretty common on older boards, AEK/AEK II is a good example.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Jun 2016, 17:35

seebart wrote:
Chyros wrote: I love the little flap pad on the PF block, that's amazing. Definitely one of the more interesting Cherry boards I've seen so far :D .
It's really more decoration IMO, not sure who would actually take notes on there? :?
Give a good look, on the right side you'll see there's a thumb index for the 10 programmable layers of the PF pad, so you can note what is actually programmed on each PF key for each layer (for example: layer 4, PF3 key: "print date").

And sorry seebart, no clue what they can be worth at the moment.

UKKeycaps

11 Jun 2016, 14:35

Leading on from my previous industrial Model M question... How much are Industrial grey M13's worth?

Wingpad

13 Jun 2016, 07:15

I am hoping to sell a custom USB-Modded Black Dell AT101W with Matias Quiet Clicks. I built this board with new stabilizers, switches and ABS keycaps with the intent to use it as a daily driver but I ended up finding out that the switches are too light for me. The caps lock and spacebar are dyed original caps and the original green indicator lights were swapped for blue LEDs. Here is a link to an album with some pictures. I would like to sell it for $120 but what do you guys think, would that be fair?

scottc

13 Jun 2016, 09:36

I think that's honestly a pretty fair price considering the condition and restoration work you put in. Looks really nice. If you have a build log you should post it in the workshop. :)

fohat
Elder Messenger

13 Jun 2016, 13:39

Wingpad wrote:
I am hoping to sell a custom USB-Modded Black Dell AT101W with Matias Quiet Clicks.
3 questions:

Is the case painted black? Does that account for no logo and beige lock light sticker?

How did you do the USB conversion?

How did you dye the spacebar and CapsLock? ABS does not usually take dye very well.

Wingpad

13 Jun 2016, 15:02

fohat wrote: Is the case painted black? Does that account for no logo and beige lock light sticker?
Yes, although I used vinyl dye so it preserved a lot of the original texture. Also, to be fair I think the beige lock light sticker helps to offset what would otherwise be a massive chunk of black plastic.
fohat wrote: How did you do the USB conversion?
It is an embedded PS/2 to USB converter, but it is a nice one.
fohat wrote: How did you dye the spacebar and CapsLock? ABS does not usually take dye very well.
Much to my surprise, I tested the vinyl dye I used on the rest of the case and it worked marvelously on some of my extra keys. Rather than leaving the capslock and spacebar beige (since the keycaps in the BonW set did not work on this board), I decided to spray/dye them as well. So far it appears to have worked rather well and they are smooth (in texture).
scottc wrote: Looks really nice. If you have a build log you should post it in the workshop. :)
Thanks! I wish I had one but sadly I don't. I thought I took pictures along the way but wasn't able to find them :(

fohat
Elder Messenger

13 Jun 2016, 15:46

Wingpad wrote:
I used vinyl dye so it preserved a lot of the original texture.

I tested the vinyl dye I used on the rest of the case and it worked marvelously on some of my extra keys.
When you say "vinyl dye" are you talking about a film-forming product something like the middle can?

Otherwise, most water-based dyes seem to require activation temperatures too high for ABS to tolerate.

The USB converter is a good idea. Is the original cable coiled up inside the case?
Attachments
F-122-X02-paint-etc-002.jpg
F-122-X02-paint-etc-002.jpg (231.14 KiB) Viewed 5402 times

Return to “Marketplace Help”