Forum member refusing full refund after delivery sent to wro

kudosgodspeed

29 Jan 2015, 20:10

I guess it's time to jump in.

I've done business with both Ichigo and Moley in the past month. Both of which have been incredibly reliable and prompt with service. Both have been great about maintaining correspondence.

I sold Moley a board and his payment was prompt and he has been incredibly gracious along the way. My interactions with Ichigo has been the same. We made an exchange and everything was receive in a timely manner. He even took time to field all my inquiries along the way.

I believe their current situation is a matter of clerical error. In my honest opinion, if Moley is unsatisfied with the service thus far, Ichigo should extend the refund and Moley should refuse shipment when it finally comes in. But I would advise Moley to be patient and hold off as I can vouch for Ichigo being a reliable member of the community.

Just my 2 cents.

kudosgodspeed

29 Jan 2015, 20:22

Oh and one last piece of advice for any sellers/buyers on this and any other forum. From my experiences selling here, eBay, and reddit, there will be rare occurrences that something might go awry. My best piece of advice is DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!

For starters, I always always post directly on the forum post before sending a private message. This creates the beginning of a paper trail for the transaction. I usually encourage buyers and sellers to utilize the Paypal invoice system. It protects both parties. As a seller, I take pictures of the shipping process the entire way. That includes the product before packing, the product packaged, and a picture of the sealed package with packing slip.

As much as I trust a wonderful community like Deskthority or reddit, mishaps are bound to happen. Use best business practices to ensure that both buyer and seller are protected.

As for this current situation, I will reiterate that both members have been phenomenal in my limited interactions with me. I hope they are able to settle this in a civil manner.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Jan 2015, 20:51

Muirium wrote: They might not advertise the fact that returns happen, but the fact I've seen them from plenty of places (including Russia now) says to me that it's standard international procedure. If there's one thing these companies hate more than losing an upsale, it's having to deal with parcels with nowhere to go. It will come back to you if you put a sender address on it.
Very true, if they cannot deliver it they will try to return it. Even if there is no address on it they can probably see where it was sent from in their system. Might take a month though.

Halvar

29 Jan 2015, 21:22

Right now it just looks as if Moley will get some far-travelled keyboard stuff with lots of funny stickers on the envelope.

I wish I had a week in Jamaica without having to pay for it.

Muirium
µ

29 Jan 2015, 21:30

Halvar

29 Jan 2015, 21:48

I can't hear you ...

Lpwl

06 Feb 2015, 16:54

I sent dozens of package with that same shipping method ("Lettre Prioritaire Internationale") following those guidelines (source) :

Imho - return address is mandatory. I'm also always taking a picture of the package just before sending it.

Muirium
µ

06 Feb 2015, 16:57

Yes. Always. ALWAYS. A-L-W-A-Y-S stick a return address on any package! There's no excuse not to.

Anyway, the tracking appears to be stuck. Which, given this is a wrong address, could be good news. Will someone dare to read the label and send it where intended in the first place? Stay tuned…

Bitsquid

06 Feb 2015, 17:16

Wow, thats a crappy situation. If I pay someone to ship stuff to me and I didn't pay the extra price for an insured shipment I wouldn't expect him to give a refund if something goes wrong during transit. I would have to believe the seller that he did everything in order and it wouldn't feel right to blame him for the shipment companys fuckup.

Just saying that because, while I understand moleys frustration, I feel sorry for Ichigo87, that he has to defend his honor in public when he's probably not done anything shameful.

Muirium
µ

06 Feb 2015, 17:21

I've nothing against Ichigo, he's been around DT for ages and is a good guy, but! Not bothering with a return address is seriously dumb. Then arguing with the buyer, who by definition hasn't done a damn thing wrong, that's not great. Thanks to this example, I'm taking pictures of everything I ship just so I can post a photo as evidence I got the address right if and when the mail screws me over like it did Ichigo. It would help so much here if he had a picture of this package in the first place, with Moley's address on it.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

06 Feb 2015, 18:24

I lost some packages, in one case te seller sent me a new item, it was his choice. Now I have another package which I suspect is lost, I was dumb and cheap and didn't pay for tracking, if it's lost it's lost and it had a big value... I've learned my lesson.
Now with what I send is tracked, I keep the receipt, always put the return address and take a photo even if it's a giveaway.
Loosing a package is frustrating especialy when the value is big :(
Oh, and I always write twice the destination address on the package just in case some label is sticked on the package and would mask the address, or some idiots like DHL truncate the address ...
And I follow the packages I send, I'm bit OCD about this but I feel responsible for the package.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

06 Feb 2015, 20:28

Mhhh, writing the address twice might be a good idea. Never thought about it, thanks.

Ichigo87

06 Feb 2015, 21:24

I didn't argue, i proposed a solution that seemed fair according to me.

I was always transparent with what i did wrong but no return address and no picture are not reasons to blame me entirely for this. I write the good destination address and i paid enough for it. It should have work.

There is no reason to continue posting here.

The package is still in transit, when this state change i will propose again a 50% refund.

Return to “Marketplace Help”