[WTS/WTT EU RO] IBM beam spring 3278 Keyboard, German Layout with numpad

wobbled

12 Apr 2022, 00:19

I still wonder what is boosting the price of these beamsprings so much other than Chyros's overrating of them.
They're not exactly 'rare' as every single time I search for one of these boards, there is at least something on ebay.

Ridiculous, but GLWS nonetheless.

Muirium
µ

12 Apr 2022, 11:05

As Kbdfr put it:
kbdfr wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 07:04
Mr Luud wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 03:47
Unpopular opinion.

Yes Beam springs are worth $2,000+ dollars. sorry you can't afford it bruh just gotta save up and deal the price.

I see so much arguing about the price. yeah thats the price! what do you expect for a keyboard so rare and sought after jesus.
A good answer to that in another thread:
wobbled wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 00:19
[…]
Well, that at least seems to be an unpopular opinion and not just provocative chatter :lol:
If no one was buying, they would cost less. Free market economics. I actually prefer Model F to beamspring, so I'm an onlooker here rather than a partisan. But for what it's worth there's a world of difference between market liquidity (which you observed: that means there's always some for sale) and an artificial asking price (which means they'd never sell).

The intrinsic value of all these keyboards [insert your own favourite here] we so love is of course "haul that old e-waste off to the recycler, pronto, it's getting in the damn way!" as proven by everyone outside the hobby for generations. :P

alexandrufloca

13 Apr 2022, 19:22

I also have no ideea why the beamsprings go for such huge amounts, i would have never payed anything like this for a keyboard myself. I base my asking prices on sold keyboards in simmilar condition. I am open for trades for vintage computers i might not have in my collection. If anyone wants one, i am also open to offers. As all of you might have seen, I have listed two of my 4 keyboarda on ebay.one in very good condition and one in not so good condition.

inozenz

13 Apr 2022, 20:55

It's definitely reasonable to try and get the maximum out of your own goods. I also tried to make an offer sadly it wasn't enough but Alexandru is a really nice guy and also up to a good chat 👍🏻😁

inozenz

12 Jun 2022, 23:59

Bought one of the keyboards, Alexandru was Kind enough to accept my offer. It was a very smooth transaction. Even gave me some time to pay. Really nice dude can safely say that any trade with Alexandru is safe! I can voucher for him, if my word is worth something 😊

Return to “For sale”