Now all on ebay. Thanks!

hellothere

13 Mar 2022, 20:22

Spoiler:
TL;Dr:
Northgate OmniKey 102 with Alps SKCM blue clicky switches. $280 US.
3 mo. old Topre Realforce R2 TKL ivory/ivory 55g. Printed legends. $225 US.
Open box Matias ergo pro low force version. PC-version. $140 US.
Open box Black Matias laptop pro. Mac-version. $90 US.

March 27 will be the last day posted here. They'll be on ebay after that for more $!

=====

Yes, I finally decided to list them all. All keyboards are without shipping prices. I don't mind shipping international, but you pay for customs, etc. I'm in Arizona, USA. Offers will be considered!

I may accept partial or full trades, which don't need to have been restored. Interests: Omron B3G-S amber switch, Alps Amber, HHKB 45g, NiZ, Abko, interesting keyboards, IBM Model F AT, and newer computers and/or computer parts.

Please ask for details, if you need them. PayPal only, please.

===

Completely restored SKCM Blue Alps (clicky). Lubed with ceramic lube. OmniKey 102 chassis. All 8 dip switches are present, but several are blocked by the bottom case. Will include an original PS/2 to 5-pin DIN connector and a 5-pin DIN to USB Hasu TMK converter. $280 US. $10 off if you don't need the Hasu converter.
Spoiler:
btop - Copy.jpg
btop - Copy.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
bkeys1 - Copy.jpg
bkeys1 - Copy.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
bkeys2 - Copy.jpg
bkeys2 - Copy.jpg (830.88 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
bbottom - Copy.jpg
bbottom - Copy.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
bportsandswitches - Copy.jpg
bportsandswitches - Copy.jpg (473.38 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
Hasu.jpg
Hasu.jpg (876.02 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
Possible buyer.

Topre Realforce R2 TKL Ivory/Ivory (R2TL-US5-IV) 55g w/printed legends. Sorry; forgot the pics. About 3 months old. $225 US.

Matias ergo pro PC-version, w/"low force" switches. Sold to me as "new," but it's an open box. $140 US.
Spoiler:
etop - Copy.jpg
etop - Copy.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
ebottom - Copy.jpg
ebottom - Copy.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
ebox1 - Copy.jpg
ebox1 - Copy.jpg (935.14 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
ebox2 - Copy.jpg
ebox2 - Copy.jpg (996.97 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
ebox3 - Copy.jpg
ebox3 - Copy.jpg (911.79 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
Black Matias laptop pro. Mac-version, but also works with PCs and you can buy key sets from Matias. Sold to me as "new," but it's an open box. Note that you NEED a Bluetooth adapter to use this keyboard. Fortunately, those are about $10. $90 US.
Spoiler:
lfront - Copy.jpg
lfront - Copy.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
lkey - Copy.jpg
lkey - Copy.jpg (138.4 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
lbottom - Copy.jpg
lbottom - Copy.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
lbox1 - Copy.jpg
lbox1 - Copy.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
lbox2 - Copy.jpg
lbox2 - Copy.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
lbox3 - Copy.jpg
lbox3 - Copy.jpg (678.69 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
================

If anyone wants to use my pics in a Wiki or something, be my guest.

Sold:
Spoiler:

Completely restored SKCM Brown Alps (tactile). Lubed with RO-59tmkt. OmniKey Plus chassis. ADB and PS/2 Ports. Will include an original PS/2 to 5-pin DIN connector and a 5-pin DIN to USB Hasu TMK converter. $675 US. $10 off if you don't need the converter.
Spoiler:
top - Copy.jpg
top - Copy.jpg (1004.15 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
moarswitches - Copy.jpg
moarswitches - Copy.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
portsndips - Copy.jpg
portsndips - Copy.jpg (404.09 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
Hasu.jpg
Hasu.jpg (876.02 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
bottom - Copy.jpg
bottom - Copy.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
The bottom label was just a white sticker with no text. I removed it.
Unicomp IBM Model M with GE caps. About 6 rivets are missing. $70.
Spoiler:
utop - Copy.jpg
utop - Copy.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
ubottom - Copy.jpg
ubottom - Copy.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
Alps SKCC linear green switches and chassis with awesome double-shot caps. Switches, chassis, and caps were from a Canon typewriter. Switches test good. No double-action switches. Caps lock LED was mangled by me, but the switch still works. LCD works. Not cleaned. $60.
Spoiler:
cfront - Copy.jpg
cfront - Copy.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
cbottom - Copy.jpg
cbottom - Copy.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
ckeycaps - Copy.jpg
ckeycaps - Copy.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
Cherry M9 linear black switches (angled) and chassis with awesome double-shot caps. Switches, chassis, and caps were from a broken 1983 Triumph-Adler Royal typewriter. Switches test good. LED keys work. Beeper works. Not cleaned. $60. [/s]
Spoiler:
chtop.jpg
chtop.jpg (918.54 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
chbottom.jpg
chbottom.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3197 times
Last edited by hellothere on 27 Mar 2022, 17:35, edited 5 times in total.

Chouz

14 Mar 2022, 08:04

pm'd

Menuhin

14 Mar 2022, 14:43

... Lubed with RO-59tmkt. ...
Not rich (but have a HHKB 45g)... mainly curious about what this RO-59tmkt lube is.

By the way, I have some blue alps and brown alps, still fancy about amber alps like you do.

John Doe

14 Mar 2022, 15:06

The skcc green Canon typewriter internal looks cool with 80s style caps, besides, does pcb have diodes? Eyeing from back pcb looks yes, right?

hellothere

14 Mar 2022, 19:01

First, I crossed out the ones I've received PMs on. If any of the crossed-out ones look nice to you, please still PM me. I'll put you on my alternates list!

Second, please also include either your full address or, at least, a ZIP Code or Postal Code. I need this to determine the shipping cost!

> curious about what this RO-59tmkt lube is.
Linky. It was, at one time, considered to be the best lube for MX switches. I thought about using the ceramic wax lube I normally use, but the RO-59 lube has more street cred. It's also super expensive, therefore it must be good, right? :D

> does pcb have diodes? Eyeing from back pcb looks yes, right?
I think so. If you open the "top" pic in another window, you'll see the super-sized > 4K pic. Directly to the right of the LCD are four reddish clear diodes (I think) and there are several more under the LCD assembly. I've got those three switches removed and I see the same ones next to those switch "holes."

I understand that you're asking about n-key rollover. I really kinda forgot to check before I took out the keyboard chassis, as I don't really care about NKRO. I'm also not an electronics guy. I can use continuity checking on my multimeter and can do soldering/desoldering. That means that the things I think are diodes are, oh, IDK, little vials of crystal meth or something.

jsheradin

15 Mar 2022, 00:35

hellothere wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 19:01
I can use continuity checking on my multimeter and can do soldering/desoldering. That means that the things I think are diodes are, oh, IDK, little vials of crystal meth or something.
Measure between the pins using Ohms setting. A diode should measure open circuit in one direction (which side is + and -) and ~700Ohms in the other depending on your multimeter.

hellothere

15 Mar 2022, 00:56

I'll try to get that done. I've got to clean off my workbench.

smleeeeee

15 Mar 2022, 02:39

If the skcc greens deal falls through, lmk! I'm def. interested!

hellothere

15 Mar 2022, 21:31

smleeeeee wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 02:39
If the skcc greens deal falls through, lmk! I'm def. interested!
You're on the list!

hellothere

15 Mar 2022, 22:35

jsheradin wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 00:35
Measure between the pins using Ohms setting. A diode should measure open circuit in one direction (which side is + and -) and ~700Ohms in the other depending on your multimeter.
I get 0 with black (COM) north and 53 (avg; 52 to 55) kΩ with red (INPUT) north.

jsheradin

15 Mar 2022, 23:00

hellothere wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 22:35
I get 0 with black (COM) north and 53 (avg; 52 to 55) kΩ with red (INPUT) north.
Sounds like a diode alright. The resistance value can vary dramatically depending on the meter but the big tell is directional difference.

hellothere

15 Mar 2022, 23:07

[me] Quickly raises keyboard price to $6000. [/me]

I can see wanting to have nkey rollover on a typewriter -- not saying the thing I'm selling has nkey rollover. The reason we have QWERTY is because people could type faster than a typewriter that didn't have nkey rollover and that'd cause problems.

Polecat

16 Mar 2022, 03:32

Whew, good thing I didn't see that 102 before it sold. That definitely would have played hell with my budget. Super nice job on those Northgate restorations.

hellothere

19 Mar 2022, 23:26

I'm still waiting for the person who expressed an interest to pay, so maybe ...

Regarding the restorations, thanks very much. I've gotten considerably better at soldering because of working on these keyboards and attempting to play with bent pins. I've also switched from my Anesty ZD-915 desoldering gun to just using a Soldapullt. It's faster.

My level of regret on selling the brown Alps is very high. Unfortunately, my stack of bills is also high.

I'm going to work a bit more to see if I can find a couple more typewriter keyboard chassis with interesting switches. I was a bit surprised how quickly they went. I also think I saw a post for an SKCC frame and PCB kit. That'd be an interesting project.

Polecat

20 Mar 2022, 04:06

hellothere wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 23:26
I'm still waiting for the person who expressed an interest to pay, so maybe ...

Regarding the restorations, thanks very much. I've gotten considerably better at soldering because of working on these keyboards and attempting to play with bent pins. I've also switched from my Anesty ZD-915 desoldering gun to just using a Soldapullt. It's faster.
Hopefully they come through, for your sake and mine.

I've been doing component level PC board repairs for fifty years now, and I've never owned a desoldering gun. I use the same Soldapullit that you do. A good mechanic can do more with a bent screwdriver and a dull pair of pliers than a bad one can with a $50K set of tools.

hellothere

20 Mar 2022, 16:04

Blue Alps listed again! Potential buyer only wanted it if he could buy the brown Alps, too. Hey, first come, first served.

Return to “For sale”