Snacks' selling thread

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

12 Jul 2022, 05:31

Friends, romans, countrymen, the time has come to sell some of my keyboards. I plan to list more keyboards in this post over time as I work through testing them, replacing parts, etc. I'm mostly focusing on things that I feel would be bad fits for eBay, since I've customized them to some degree that would complicate that process.

For now I'd like to keep this listing for USA only, but may change that if needed. As such, shipping in a large flat rate box is $20.
I'm OK with shipping internationally now.

Many of these keyboards come with converters. But please understand that I probably won't be able to help too much with any support questions after shipping them out because (a) I don't have another board/converter to test with and (b) I have limited time these days. I wish I could be more helpful if someone runs into an issue or has a question but I just want to be realistic up front. So please keep that in mind.

Feel free to hit me up with questions. Happy to provide more details/pictures.

NMB PC-122 -- $90
+ Internal Soarer's Converter
Spoiler:
Clicky black Space Invaders. This has an internal Soarer's converter inside. I may be able to find the original cable if you'd like that as well.

Apple Extended Keyboard II -- $65
w/ dyed keycaps
Spoiler:
Yes, I dyed the keycaps to resemble the colors in the Apple logo. Kind of ironic considering I put the case in the dishwasher and ruined the little apple logo. One redditor told me that this was an unspeakable act and that it's a shitty dye job. There are some blotches on the darker colors, but I don't fancy myself a professional keycap dyer. I also used some sort of lube that dries as a powder, so the switches have black on the rails in case you were wondering what that stuff is.

...................................................................................

SOLD

IBM Model M13 Industrial -- $190
+ Internal TMK converters for keyboard and trackpoint
Spoiler:
This keyboard has two separate internal converters inside of the case (and two USB cables coming out the back). The converters are a tight fit inside the case, so be mindful of this if you decide to open it up (difficult to get them positioned back in right for the case to close). One of the screw posts is cracked so the screw does not thread into it. Other than that, though, the board is in very good condition. The trackpoint converter has a slow cursor, which can of course be adjusted in windows to have a faster cursor speed, but otherwise I'm not sure if the converter can be "tuned" to operate faster.

Alloy Link (Cherry G80-0693) -- $120
+ External protocol converter (experimental)
Spoiler:
This keyboard basically a Cherry G80-0693 but with linear white Space Invader switches. I was able to convert it and will include an external converter for it. Everything with the keyboard/converter seems to work great but there are a few hickups:
  1. Sometimes a key does not register (not sure if this is just a problem with the switch contacts)
  2. Sometimes in the Switch Hitter software I used to test it with it will appear like a key is being held down even though it doesn't interfere with typing

So I'm calling the converter more "experimental" (Pending)

Wang 724 -- $120
Alps SKCM Salmon
Spoiler:
Made in the USA. Clean, tested and working.

Hitachi (Wyse WY60 variation) -- $65
+ Internal Soarer's Wyse Converter
Spoiler:
Cherry MX Black switches. This is basically a Wyse WY60 keyboard and I've installed an internal Soarer's Wyseverter. The converter and cable are a very tight fit inside the case. I've surface cleaned the board and ultrasonic cleaned the keycaps. The case could use a bit more cleaning. There's one spot on the front of the case where it looks like something may have melted into it, you can see this in the second photo.

C.ITOH 324 (Alps SM-101 variation) -- $120
+ Removable controller replacement board
Spoiler:
Alps buckling springs. It is a version of the Alps SM-101 built for C.ITOH terminals. I've bolt modded this keyboard similar to a Model M. It uses an unknown protocol and I was not able to convert it ever. However I did wire up a controller replacement which can be swapped in and out by attaching/detaching the ribbon cables inside the keyboard. The controller uses TMK but I don't think I still have the key map saved anywhere on my PC.

Northgate OmniKey 102 Gold Label -- $260
w/ Zenith SuperSport keycaps
Spoiler:
Alps SKCM blue switches (except for numpad enter, which I've replaced with 1 white switch). I have tried to retrobrite the case, but that has mostly reversed. I replaced most of the keycaps with those from a Zenith SuperSport, which I consider an upgrade. If you'd rather have the originals I'm sure that I can find them somewhere. I lubed the sliders with PTFE spray. This keyboard does not have dipswitches for changing the configuration of the keys. The keyboard is AT/XT switchable.

Last edited by snacksthecat on 22 Jul 2022, 04:21, edited 11 times in total.

TheInverseKey

12 Jul 2022, 05:45

Can I have the Alloy?

headphone_jack

12 Jul 2022, 05:46

Wow, some very nice boards here. GLWS!

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

12 Jul 2022, 06:01

TheInverseKey wrote:
Can I have the Alloy?
Nothing would please me more for it to end up in your collection.

Here's a typing video I made the other day:

TheInverseKey

12 Jul 2022, 06:04

snacksthecat wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 06:01
TheInverseKey wrote:
Can I have the Alloy?
Nothing would please me more for it to end up in your collection.

Here's a typing video I made the other day:
Perfect send me a dm with details.

mrprofessor

12 Jul 2022, 14:33

Some pretty boards indeed! GLWS

Johnbo

12 Jul 2022, 17:36

Sent a PM! I've been casually looking for an Alps Buckling Spring board for a while!

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

12 Jul 2022, 20:01

Thanks to everyone who reached out. I’ll reply to PMs once I get home today in a few hours.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

16 Jul 2022, 06:33

Added Wang 724 keyboard

Return to “For sale”