[FREE STUFF] - Gabriele 9009

guidemetothelight

21 Jul 2022, 09:31

Hey Guys , does somebody wanna have this for free:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27393

just pay shipping or come and pick it up yourself if you are in upper bavaria :)

Cheers
Nick

ZeFritz

21 Jul 2022, 14:46

Living near Munich, I’m tempted… but correct me if I’m wrong, I’ll have to figure out the correct wiring and programming an arduino/ATmega or something like that from scratch to make it USB-compatible?
I’ve already built an ADB-USB adapter, but there was ample documentation and instructions on the Internet.

guidemetothelight

21 Jul 2022, 15:27

ZeFritz wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 14:46
but correct me if I’m wrong, I’ll have to figure out the correct wiring and programming an arduino/ATmega or something like that from scratch to make it USB-compatible?
well not from scratch , there is ample info about handwiring on the internet (what i would do)
but u could also try to figure out the protocol for the board and connect an adapter to the ribbon cables.
either way , it is free , so why dont try it :)

here are some ressources
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87689.0
https://matt3o.com/hand-wiring-a-custom-keyboard/

Muirium
µ

21 Jul 2022, 15:31

The ribbon cables are almost guaranteed to be direct access to the rows and columns of the keyboard matrix. Should be very doable. May well be 2KRO though, like a Model M.

guidemetothelight

22 Jul 2022, 08:08

Muirium wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 15:31

The ribbon cables are almost guaranteed to be direct access to the rows and columns of the keyboard matrix. Should be very doable. May well be 2KRO though, like a Model M.
I mean , i would do it myself, but i already have two of those tinkering projects , a canon ap 800 i wanna handwire and a TA SE 505 with cherry mx-m8 adapter switches :)

Muirium
µ

22 Jul 2022, 11:32

I have at least one similar project waiting in the wings, too. I meant to entice your potential buyer! This board wants a home. :P

guidemetothelight

24 Jul 2022, 12:47

Muirium wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 11:32
I have at least one similar project waiting in the wings, too. I meant to entice your potential buyer! This board wants a home. :P
That was clear to me , i just wanted to point out , that i would do it myself i i hadnt as many projects lying around as i do. :D

KeyDeep

24 Jul 2022, 13:44

PM sent

Return to “For sale”