IBM 3277 beamspring keyboard

Half-Saint

13 Oct 2022, 22:16

I have for sale this very nicely preserved IBM 3277 beamspring keyboard. The black membrane under the caps is still there and hasn't disintegrated yet but it will probably have to be removed. I'll be posting more pictures next week.

Asking price is 1000€ 900€ + shipping. EU buyers are preferred due to expensive shipping but can be shipped overseas as well.
Attachments
DSC_0683.JPG
DSC_0683.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 11229 times
DSC_0682.JPG
DSC_0682.JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 11229 times
Last edited by Half-Saint on 29 Dec 2022, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Half-Saint

16 Nov 2022, 19:56

Still available.

Half-Saint

20 Dec 2022, 12:50

Bump.

Half-Saint

29 Dec 2022, 12:51

Price drop.

ArtyomTheMetroHopper

30 Dec 2022, 15:57

Damn, if I hadn't bought my 5382 I would have probably gone for this. Why are you selling it off?

Muirium
µ

30 Dec 2022, 17:29

Because money can also be used for things besides keyboards? An outrageous proposition, I know… ;)

This is a really nice beamer, btw. I’ve only the wallet for one in my life, and dig the 3276 symmetry, but for numpad lovers this one’s got the look.

vyquad

02 Jan 2023, 23:21

Willing to ship outside of EU if the said person is willing to pay the premium on shipping?

Half-Saint

03 Jan 2023, 11:09

vyquad wrote:
02 Jan 2023, 23:21
Willing to ship outside of EU if the said person is willing to pay the premium on shipping?
Yes, absolutely.

Half-Saint

09 Feb 2023, 17:43

Bump

Chuck Chao

23 Feb 2023, 19:49

Half-Saint wrote:
09 Feb 2023, 17:43
Bump
I would like to buy one

Chuck Chao

12 Mar 2023, 06:48

contact me,please

Half-Saint

14 Mar 2023, 23:17

Chuck Chao wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 06:48
contact me,please
I already sent you a PM a while ago.

Edit: Sorry but if you can't be bothered to check your PMs in one month, I can't take you seriously.

basicbass

10 Apr 2023, 05:42

Pm'd

soyuz

10 Apr 2023, 22:20

Reminder that basic bass is trade banned on almost every community discord server for ridiculous bullshit.

basicbass

11 Apr 2023, 06:45

Crazy enough I had cash this time round, but good job sharing.

Delta Research

11 Apr 2023, 07:17

basicbass wrote:
Come on, you thought that lying and delaying shipments for weeks or even months after you got the money was okay, not to mention attempting to sell things in a trade before you've even shipped out your end. I just don't get the vibes that you truly regret the BS that you pulled on people in every single keyboard server you were in.

Rayndalf

12 Apr 2023, 05:24

Didn't you get a 5251 from another community member for a very good price then you slagged them after the case got damaged in shipping even though they were shipping you a replacement case?
And after all that you were looking to sell it before you even got the replacement case...
basicbass wrote:
So what's changed between now and two months ago?

themk

12 Apr 2023, 05:42

Rayndalf wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 05:24
Didn't you get a 5251 from another community member for a very good price then you slagged them after the case got damaged in shipping even though they were shipping you a replacement case?
And after all that you were looking to sell it before you even got the replacement case...
<SNIP>
So what's changed between now and two months ago?
I hate to dogpile on here, but what makes this Beamspring keyboard any different than the 5251 keyboard? How do we know you won't try to pawn it off while burning the person who did you a favour?

soyuz

12 Apr 2023, 18:19

reminder that if anything goes wrong basic bass will cry about how he is a child and he spent his life savings on your beamspring and guilt you into doing things for him for free at absurd expense to yourself

basicbass

13 Apr 2023, 05:18

I am starting to smell some bs, but I am not trying to open this can of worms again.
(I think you have the story wildy warped, as a buyer paying 800 for a keyboard I think I have the right to be a little annoyed when it came in broken (though when the seller agreed to get me a replacement case, it has been a solid 3 months or so and I am still waiting on it to even be shipped, not to say that the seller is in the wrong, but that's my side of the story)

soyuz

13 Apr 2023, 18:25

basicbass wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 05:18
I am starting to smell some bs, but I am not trying to open this can of worms again.
(I think you have the story wildy warped, as a buyer paying 800 for a keyboard I think I have the right to be a little annoyed when it came in broken (though when the seller agreed to get me a replacement case, it has been a solid 3 months or so and I am still waiting on it to even be shipped, not to say that the seller is in the wrong, but that's my side of the story)
bullshit, you were given an excellent deal for a beamspring, shipping damage happened, then seller went above and beyond in spending their own money trying to find you replacement parts instead of just giving you a partial refund and going "tough shit", or doing a full return like most people would in shipping damage cases.

then you went dragging the seller through the mud all over the fucking place because you made a purchase you couldn't afford and things went wrong.

if you don't think this is relevant when you are trying to buy a beamspring from europe (again!) i don't know what to tell you.

UnscrambledEggs

13 Apr 2023, 20:31

Bass is not known for scrupulous conduct when trading - the examples above played out across multiple community discords from which they are now banned or trade restricted. There's a reason a lot of people are posting warnings.

Bass has repeatedly attempted to sell keyboards that they didn't yet have in hand; they've also tried to sell a board before the other party recieved their end of the trade. In one case, it arrived in the morning and was on sale by night; the listing was taken down after being called out by the other party. They also lied about shipping their end of trades. They've unfairly sullied the reputation of the person who sold them their first beamspring, despite their more than accomodating actions to remedy the damage.

In short, seller beware.

Bass

13 Apr 2023, 21:02

UnscrambledEggs wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 20:31
Bass is not known for scrupulous conduct when trading - the examples above played out across multiple community discords from which they are now banned or trade restricted. There's a reason a lot of people are posting warnings.

Bass has repeatedly attempted to sell keyboards that they didn't yet have in hand; they've also tried to sell a board before the other party recieved their end of the trade. In one case, it arrived in the morning and was on sale by night; the listing was taken down after being called out by the other party. They also lied about shipping their end of trades. They've unfairly sullied the reputation of the person who sold them their first beamspring, despite their more than accomodating actions to remedy the damage.

In short, seller beware.
After being gone for a few years I see that I now have doppelgangers causing me trouble :?

John Doe

14 Apr 2023, 02:49

Gentlemen, lets stop here not making this thread a BS place, I think Half-Saint still wants this selling thread going anyway.

Half-Saint

17 Apr 2023, 14:30

Dropping the price to 800€ + shipping.

Chouz

19 Apr 2023, 16:10

Delta Research wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 07:17
basicbass wrote:
Come on, you thought that lying and delaying shipments for weeks or even months after you got the money was okay, not to mention attempting to sell things in a trade before you've even shipped out your end. I just don't get the vibes that you truly regret the BS that you pulled on people in every single keyboard server you were in.
I am the guy who bought the keyboard from him in January and give him a US address to ship :cry: .He delayed shipment with various excuses and promised to send it a few days later. After two months waiting, I realized he was scamming me. Who doesn't even have time to ship a package in two months? Then I applied for a refund through PayPal. Fortunately, I got the money back.

Screenshots of the chat
Spoiler:
I paid invoice on Jan 15 and get the refund on Mar 27.
1.jpg
1.jpg (141.35 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (232.89 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (106.71 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (269.52 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (79.63 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
ridiculous

soyuz