Summer Sale - Many keyboards - UK/EU

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2023, 18:06

podgen wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 17:12
XMIT wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 13:56
Looks like it's the summer of selling keyboards. If you're in the US and want some deals, check out my sales. But palatino is the better option in the UK!
Poor palatino, advertising in his thread
XMIT's a DT legend (I’m sure he won a Wingnut or two in the day, if you've heard of those), so no harm done or intended, I bet. He and Palatino just so share that welcome attribute of needing to shift a lot of keyboards! :lol:

podgen

05 Aug 2023, 18:11

Muirium wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 18:06
podgen wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 17:12
XMIT wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 13:56
Looks like it's the summer of selling keyboards. If you're in the US and want some deals, check out my sales. But palatino is the better option in the UK!
Poor palatino, advertising in his thread
XMIT's a DT legend (I’m sure he won a Wingnut or two in the day, if you've heard of those), so no harm done or intended, I bet. He and Palatino just so share that welcome attribute of needing to shift a lot of keyboards! :lol:
I'm not sure what you mean by wingnut, but I'd have to agree!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Aug 2023, 19:12

Nope, never won a Wingnut. Kind of like Leo DiCaprio and an Oscar - I'll never get one!

viewtopic.php?t=7012

Go on, flame me for posting. palatino has been a forum friend for many years now, and I wish him the best with his sales. In fact I had to stop myself from inquiring about an item or two. I'm glad our friends in the UK have a chance to snag some deals.

podgen

05 Aug 2023, 23:03

XMIT wrote:
Nope, never won a Wingnut. Kind of like Leo DiCaprio and an Oscar - I'll never get one!

viewtopic.php?t=7012

Go on, flame me for posting. palatino has been a forum friend for many years now, and I wish him the best with his sales. In fact I had to stop myself from inquiring about an item or two. I'm glad our friends in the UK have a chance to snag some deals.
Haha, my apologies if I came off aggressive, it wasn't my intention

fedefede

06 Aug 2023, 06:18

Hello i like Number 13

podgen

08 Aug 2023, 16:30

Hiya, do you know when you'll have time to organize/ship orders? There's no hurry, I'm just curious

Palatino

08 Aug 2023, 23:09

Next couple of days should be good! I’m just photographing the second batch. Also trying to keep on top of messages. It’d be so much easier if the DT system organised it by conversations instead of many separate messages per person.

podgen

08 Aug 2023, 23:21

Palatino wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 23:09
Next couple of days should be good! I’m just photographing the second batch. Also trying to keep on top of messages. It’d be so much easier if the DT system organised it by conversations instead of many separate messages per person.
That's good to hear! I know what you mean, the system's so janky that I've resorted to just checking the forum spy heart every couple hours, things happen so infrequently that it's easy to see if something's gone on

Muirium
µ

09 Aug 2023, 10:19

Technical improvements at DT? Suffice to say that’s not going to happen. We can’t even update the banner art. :roll:

Palatino

10 Aug 2023, 16:41

Added twenty more items; updated album.

podgen

10 Aug 2023, 16:46

Palatino wrote:
10 Aug 2023, 16:41
Added twenty more items; updated album.
Ayy

Muirium
µ

10 Aug 2023, 16:46

PMed about NEC and Selectric. :ugeek:

Palatino

17 Aug 2023, 12:15

Updated list to show sold and pending items; reduced some prices.

Palatino

19 Aug 2023, 12:39

Likewise - I had to stop myself asking about a couple of yours. My wife now practically has an allergic reaction to rectangular parcels. Good luck with the Xtreme Xmit Xit Mission.
XMIT wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=7012

Muirium
µ

19 Aug 2023, 15:03

Downsize to the MaxXx!

I’m lucky my perennially weaksauce budget for acquisitions has never let me hoard collect too much. If desire had ruled the day, I’d be flogging off boards by the hundreds too. All those tempting dead ends left unexplored. “Like keebs in rain.”

Palatino

24 Aug 2023, 10:27

More price reductions! Somebody must want an Apex Pro for £90 and a Hybrid Type S HHKB for £170…

Reimu64

25 Aug 2023, 00:56

PM.

Palatino

02 Sep 2023, 16:15

Updated list.

stevedreams

12 Sep 2023, 11:29

PM'd

Palatino

12 Sep 2023, 21:24

stevedreams wrote:
PM'd
Replied!

rii

18 Sep 2023, 15:20

PM'd

Palatino

18 Sep 2023, 22:33

stevedreams wrote:
PM'd
Replied!

Palatino

19 Oct 2023, 11:56

List updated.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Oct 2023, 14:36

Just for everyone's information, the Digipos branded keyboard (#34) is a Tipro.

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2023, 13:16

I was the one who (finally…) bought the NEC APC-H412 Palatino was selling in this thread (#32). Shipped out good and quick. Can recommend! I've just been too busy lately to give it the TLC it needed until now. Looking much better after a good strip and clean, but naturally Scotland's dark and dismal today so pics will have to wait.

This is my very first experience with blue ovals, or indeed any NEC switches. How do I like it?

First impression is I like this quite a bit. The keyfeel is a quirky, quite distinctive beast, all right. It's light and it's satisfyingly clicky, both of these are good things to me! Actuation is sharp and high in key-travel, yet the tactile feeling of the click is very different indeed from clicky NMB Space Invaders. Somehow, it's just about as satisfying. The click is quite its own thing: sharper than Space Invaders, though it sounds more like them than blue Alps. I'll have to settle into it for a bit then pull out the Focus FK-555 for the comparison there to become apparent enough to define. For now, all that I can say is that it's something else indeed.

Perhaps what reminds me most about Space Invaders is that these NEC switches are just as easy to actuate with a gentle touch and no clicking!

It's a pretty decent board, I like it. The build's alright, the design is quite tasteful, all it really lacks is a bit of flair for key colours which are as drab as the sky today. My main complaint is the Caps Lock key has some internal logic (presumably to filter out common false positives), which gets in the way of my using it for Control, as I remap my modifiers. Speaking of which: the looooong spacebar has a similar effect here as on the AT, only more so without the whitespace to separate the mods from one another. Without the Model F's heavy weighting, it just feels like it ought to be a regular spacebar to my expecting thumbs. Nothing I couldn't get used to but an unusual accommodation for me in a critical area of the keyboard.

But aye, I've been after an NEC in my collection for years, and this one does not disappoint. I like it. The choral ringing of the plate included. I knew what I was in for…

ayam100

06 Dec 2023, 01:15

hello can i have number 7 and 8 please

Palatino

12 Dec 2023, 09:26

Muirium wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 13:16
I was the one who (finally…) bought the NEC APC-H412
Glad you’re enjoying it and giving it the attention I couldn’t! If you love something, set it free…

Palatino

12 Dec 2023, 09:26

ayam100 wrote:
06 Dec 2023, 01:15
hello can i have number 7 and 8 please
Sure. I’ve PMed you.

Keyboard Tiger

14 Dec 2023, 11:17

PM'd :)

montereysamuel

26 Dec 2023, 13:56

PM'ed