Summer Sale - Many keyboards - UK/EU

Palatino

01 Aug 2023, 22:14

Hello everyone,

It's been a while. A growing family and sadly non-growing living space necessitate another big sale. But my loss is your gain! These are the first batch I've photographed - there'll be maybe 20 or so more later this week or next. I've been out of the loop for a bit but I think these prices are about right - let's talk if you think otherwise - willing to do bundle discounts - PM me! Would prefer to send to UK but can do international too. Happy browsing!

Link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QK5Fd5p4oSd5mR4F7

Sold items:
Spoiler:
6. Zenith-branded Cherry G80 with vintage black switches. The manky label on the top left does come off: in fact, I can clean it up before sending. I seem to remember these being quite sought after. £200 -> £175 -> £165 Sold
9. ITT Tastatur, Qwertz. Not your usual connector. Don't know much about this. £10 Sold
13. Unknown make (I haven't opened her up), pristine condition. Keycaps are very nicely textured doubleshots. Dome and slider switches. £30 Sold
15. NTC 6151, white Alps switches. Really solid, heavy construction; lovely to type on. £65 Sold
21. Vtech board, 2nd Gen SMK switches, Cherry mount. £40 Sold
22. OEMMAX Mck-101. Assume non-working (cut cable). Blue Alps switches, scratchy. I could probably find the missing keycap if you want it, but I assume this is only good for harvesting and restoring switches. £30 Sold
23. Packard Bell XT keyboard, Futaba switches. Works perfectly with a converter. Might even work without a converter if you flick the XT-AT switch at the back, but I think I remember reading somewhere that this wasn't effective. I can try if you like. Really nice keycaps and beautiful board generally, imo. £90 Sold
26. Unknown QWERTZ board. £10 Sold
27. Packard Bell FDA-102I. Dome and slider switches, big Enter, nice texture on the caps. £25 -> £15 Sold
32. NEC HPC-A412 with blue oval switches. Nice doubleshot keycaps with dark grey lettering. One keycap missing but just on the numpad ‘-‘. Key still works. An interesting switch! £80 -> £70 Sold
37. IBM Model F XT. Manufactured 23rd May 1984. All feet, stickers, legs in place, all keys responsive and beautiful to type on. £180 Sold
36. Keyboard Lab Timber hotswap board, currently cherry blue switches, new in box and carry case, SA keycaps. RGB lighting, multiple layers, I think bluetooth – can test. £60 -> £50 Sold
42. Canon AP8300 typewriter. Light comes on when plugged in but keys unresponsive. Nice doubleshot SA keycaps with inverse cross mount may be of interest to somebody – make me an offer. Otherwise this too is heading to the recylcing centre. Sold
44. Square Badge IBM Model M 1389969. Excellent condition, not a mark to be seen, no missing keycaps, both flip out feet, original label, lovely black cable, and crisp to type on. I’m in two minds whether to even list this! I do love my Model Ms. £130 Sold
51. Cherry G86 with some relegendable keycaps. £5. Sold
Available items:

1. Keychron K6, bluetooth, blue switches. £60 -> £50
2. Abko Hacker K395P v2, capacitive niz/topre-like switches, new in box. £80 -> £70
3. Apple MO116, orange Alps switches. £50
4. Plum 82EC(S), bluetooth, 35g Niz switches. £70 -> £65
5. Unicomp Model M, as-new in box, one that actually looks nice, no garish logo. £80 -> £70
7. IBM Model M 1391406 £80
8. IBM Model M 1391406 £80
10. Gateway Anykey, the classic reprogrammable board. £60 -> £50
11. Steelseries Apex Pro TKL, Ansi, new in box. Super smooth non-contact Hall effect switches with programmable levels of actuation. £120 -> £100 -> £90
12. Funky Access keyboard with an array of coloured keycaps, Cherry black switches. Keypad is also functional. £15 -> £10
14. IBM Model M 1391406, presumably a bit older with a thicker backplate as it weighs 250g more than boards 7 and 8. £90
16. Cherry G80-3000, blue switches. Cherry logo removed for all-black effect. This was my first ever mechanical keyboard *sniff* £20
17. Fujitsu N860, Peerless switches. I think I made a slight adjustment to the space bar at some point to make it as light as the rest of the board as it was too stiff before. £25 -> £20
18. Fujitsu N860, leaf spring switches. I wish I had the skills and time to convert this, because these switches really do it for me. Top-right keycap missing. £60 -> £50
19. Viglen 6312-TW. Acer switches. £25 -> £20
20. Mitac-branded Chicony KB-5182. 2nd Gen SMK switches, Alps mount. £40
24. Packard Bell SK-2100W. Dome and slider switches. £25 -> £15 -> £12
25. Escom-branded keyboard, QWERTZ layout. Don't know much about this. Looks great; doesn't feel as great. £10
28. Yet another board with part number beginning "N860", this time a slim number with interesting dome and slider switches and shallower than usual caps. £15 -> £10
29. Dell Quietkey. When testing this I was reminded how nice these feel for rubber domes. Good tactility. £15 -> £10
30. Royal Kludge RK61 60% Ansi, red switches, bluetooth, yellow backlight. £25 -> £20
31. Durgod Taurus K320, TKL, ISO. New in box, pristine condition except for some damage to the box and the rear left underside of the board where it's scratched. Red switches, lovely texture to the keycaps. £45 -> £40
33. Monterey K103 with Futaba clicky switches. One keycap missing and keycap mount damaged; switch still works. £50
34. Digipos keyboard with cherry black switches and relegendable keycaps. £15 -> £12
35. Skyloong SK64 hotswap keyboard, split spacebar, currently with Gateron blues. £35 -> 30
38. Macally MK96. White alps-style switches. In excellent condition – barely used. £35
39. IBM Wheelwriter typewriter. Same buckling spring switches as the Model M. Fully working, including erase function. Can include some spare ribbons. £60 -> £50
40. Non-working IBM Selectric typewriter. Unfortunately this arrived damaged: some keys on the left are jammed. However, it may be fixable, or perhaps you’d just like the lovely keycaps, in which case I can strip them off for you. Make me an offer! Otherwise this is heading for the scrap, alas.
41. HP TFT5600 RMM early laptop sort of thing. Gives “Check Cable” message when plugged in. £10
43. IBM Selectric typewriter. Working, except the carriage return key sends the carriage down and to the far right, not far left, so you have to use the key with two left arrows on it to get back to the left. Wonderful old-school noisy typing. Super long cable if you fancy writing a novel at the bottom of your garden. Collection preferred, but could post. Could also strip for keycaps but would prefer not to since it actually works. Make me an offer.
45. IBM M122. 240 degree connector. Not tested as I don’t have an adapter (available on ebay or do you own conversion) but all keys feel good, nothing loose, so I’m sure it’ll work, and I’ll refund you if it doesn’t. £60
46. Cherry G83 with dyesub keycaps. Bought with the idea of converting the keycaps to MX mount but don’t have the time. £25 -> £20
47. Matias Tactile Pro. As you can see, I’ve had some fun with the keycaps here, but it’ll come with the original ones, some of which are still on (those of the lightest shade). Good clicky board with USB connector. £40
48. DataGeneral 6312, Acer switches, new in box. Crisp and clean. Spanish keycaps. £30 -> £25
49. QX601R. Scorpius dome-and-slider switches: very pleasant to type on. New-in-very-old-box. £40
50. HHKB Hybrid Type S. As-new in box. No explanations needed here, except to say that I don’t need more than one of these! £180 -> £170

17th August:
Updated the list to show sold and pending items; reduced some prices.

24th August
Further reductions.

2nd September
Updated to show more sold items.

20th September

19th October
Last edited by Palatino on 19 Oct 2023, 11:56, edited 10 times in total.

ntv242ver2

01 Aug 2023, 23:35

PM dropped.

Borys555

02 Aug 2023, 00:13

Pm'd

mmm

02 Aug 2023, 00:35

Pm'ing

smleeeeee

02 Aug 2023, 05:16

pm!

guidemetothelight

02 Aug 2023, 07:50

pm!

doomsday_device

02 Aug 2023, 10:44

pmd

Muirium
µ

02 Aug 2023, 10:55

I bet you’re getting a lot of interest in the blue Alps donor. :mrgreen:

The Apple board and the ITT kinda strike my fancy…

inozenz

02 Aug 2023, 11:15

good luck with the sale my friend, great items :O

guidemetothelight

02 Aug 2023, 11:34

Muirium wrote:
what ? interest in affordable blue alps ? me ? nooooo

podgen

02 Aug 2023, 15:10

Pming and praying

Aruberon

03 Aug 2023, 08:21

PM sent

podgen

03 Aug 2023, 13:32

guidemetothelight wrote:
Muirium wrote:
I will brawl to the death for their blue Alps keyboard :)

Muirium
µ

03 Aug 2023, 13:56

Blue Alps: worth it. :P

podgen

03 Aug 2023, 13:59

Muirium wrote:
03 Aug 2023, 13:56
Blue Alps: worth it. :P
Exactly, getting my first blue Alps board is totally worth the murder charge

Thorogrimm

03 Aug 2023, 15:14

PM'd :)

podgen

03 Aug 2023, 15:59

podgen wrote:
03 Aug 2023, 13:32
guidemetothelight wrote:
Muirium wrote:
I will brawl to the death for their blue Alps keyboard :)
Apologies for clogging the thread, but if someone else is sold the blue Alps keeb, god forbid, I'd be interested in buying one of the switches for restoration so I can compare it to my many white Alps switches

guidemetothelight

04 Aug 2023, 08:52

podgen wrote:
Apologies for clogging the thread, but if someone else is sold the blue Alps keeb, god forbid, I'd be interested in buying one of the switches for restoration so I can compare it to my many white Alps switches
I was probably one of the earlier people who wrote palatino and already discussed shipping , but havent heard from him the last few days. If the sale goes through, I will happily send you the one from the space bar since I will be swapping in a green in place of it anyway.

podgen

04 Aug 2023, 10:43

guidemetothelight wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 08:52
podgen wrote:
I was probably one of the earlier people who wrote palatino and already discussed shipping , but havent heard from him the last few days. If the sale goes through, I will happily send you the one from the space bar since I will be swapping in a green in place of it anyway.
Apologies, I think he's agreed to sell it to me! Granted, for £50, but I think it's because I'm easier to ship to. In fairness, are you not rather stocked in terms of blue Alps?

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2023, 11:06

Fight fight fight fight! :lol:

guidemetothelight

04 Aug 2023, 11:09

podgen wrote:
Apologies, I think he's agreed to sell it to me! Granted, for £50, but I think it's because I'm easier to ship to.
a classic move. just bid more money. why didnt I think of that. :D

podgen wrote:
In fairness, are you not rather stocked in terms of blue Alps?
You tell me. I have a singular Focus 727 . If thats rather stocked to you , then yes, I am.

I havent heard back from him, so I cant tell the exact state of things.
Iam pretty sure I wrote him first regarding the matter, but you are probably right in saying that won´t really matter if you bid more.

podgen

04 Aug 2023, 11:43

guidemetothelight wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 11:09
podgen wrote:
Apologies, I think he's agreed to sell it to me! Granted, for £50, but I think it's because I'm easier to ship to.
a classic move. just bid more money. why didnt I think of that. :D

podgen wrote:
In fairness, are you not rather stocked in terms of blue Alps?
You tell me. I have a singular Focus 727 . If thats rather stocked to you , then yes, I am.

I havent heard back from him, so I cant tell the exact state of things.
Iam pretty sure I wrote him first regarding the matter, but you are probably right in saying that won´t really matter if you bid more.
Haha sorry about this anyway, you're certainly more stocked than I am :lol: . The 727 looks absolutely lovely though, I'm jealous of proper AT/XT layouts.

I'll be honest, I wasn't planning on bidding higher, but he proposed a higher price and I took it, as it's still a nice deal IMO, but regardless I'm sorry to take it away from you

guidemetothelight

04 Aug 2023, 11:51

podgen wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 11:43
Haha sorry about this anyway, you're certainly more stocked than I am :lol: . The 727 looks absolutely lovely though, I'm jealous of proper AT/XT layouts.

I'll be honest, I wasn't planning on bidding higher, but he proposed a higher price and I took it, as it's still a nice deal IMO, but regardless I'm sorry to take it away from you
no worries ! I cant really get warm with the focus layout though , maybe I will swap the blues out for some tai hao blue clones and use the original ones in the custom I want to do.
The sprit springs I already ordered can be used for some whites to see if that comes close as far as clicky goodness goes.

congrats on the deal, 50 is still fair , I would have took it as well :D

Palatino

04 Aug 2023, 12:16

Hehe sorry for opening a can of blue worms! I hadn’t made any final agreements and was going to come back to you, guidemetothelight, to see your response. Perhaps this one would have been better as an open auction. My fault for trying to multitask with children running and screaming all around! Anyway, what next? Any advance on £50 or are things fair as they stand? If podgen’s never tried blue alps before that would be a nice thing. Let’s use this thread.

To another people who’ve PMed, I’ve got back to most of you and will reply to the rest tomorrow (wedding anniversary today and my wife is already getting suspicious the amount of time I’m spending back on DT. “You promise you’re not buying any more?”)

Some people have requested a couple of boards but want to delay until I list the next batch so as to pay postage only once, so I’ll do my best to at least list the models in the next couple of days, even if I don’t have time for photos.

Thanks everyone!

podgen

04 Aug 2023, 13:01

Palatino wrote:
Hehe sorry for opening a can of blue worms! I hadn’t made any final agreements and was going to come back to you, guidemetothelight, to see your response. Perhaps this one would have been better as an open auction. My fault for trying to multitask with children running and screaming all around! Anyway, what next? Any advance on £50 or are things fair as they stand? If podgen’s never tried blue alps before that would be a nice thing. Let’s use this thread.

To another people who’ve PMed, I’ve got back to most of you and will reply to the rest tomorrow (wedding anniversary today and my wife is already getting suspicious the amount of time I’m spending back on DT. “You promise you’re not buying any more?”)

Some people have requested a couple of boards but want to delay until I list the next batch so as to pay postage only once, so I’ll do my best to at least list the models in the next couple of days, even if I don’t have time for photos.

Thanks everyone!
That's alright haha, I can't tell gmttl how to respond but I'd be greatly thankful if we let that be that. It'll be cool to see your next batch, have you got a general overview of the type of things you'll list?

guidemetothelight

04 Aug 2023, 14:51

Palatino wrote:
No worries podgen, take the blue´s ! Ive got enough boards and wanted to thin out anyway.

That being said :
Palatino wrote:
Some people have requested a couple of boards but want to delay until I list the next batch so as to pay postage only once, so I’ll do my best to at least list the models in the next couple of days
I might need to keep an eye out here still ;)

podgen

04 Aug 2023, 15:08

guidemetothelight wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 14:51
Palatino wrote:
No worries podgen, take the blue´s ! Ive got enough boards and wanted to thin out anyway.

That being said :
Palatino wrote:
Some people have requested a couple of boards but want to delay until I list the next batch so as to pay postage only once, so I’ll do my best to at least list the models in the next couple of days
I might need to keep an eye out here still ;)

Thank you so much! I myself really need to get to selling, I'm fast approaching 20 boards and fast approaching saturation point in terms of how much I can store :lol:. I could hardly pass up on this though.

We may indeed end up in a situation like this again if we're both checking this post frequently :lol:

破坏大王123

05 Aug 2023, 03:14

Is the g80-1192 200 £ free shipping? i am interested

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Aug 2023, 13:56

Looks like it's the summer of selling keyboards. If you're in the US and want some deals, check out my sales. But palatino is the better option in the UK!

podgen

05 Aug 2023, 17:12

XMIT wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 13:56
Looks like it's the summer of selling keyboards. If you're in the US and want some deals, check out my sales. But palatino is the better option in the UK!
Poor palatino, advertising in his thread

Return to “For sale”