[GONE] Free parts (Vortex Poker PCB, Keebio Iris PCB+plates, Tai-Hao keycaps)

Shiny

31 Dec 2023, 17:39

EDIT: all gone, thanks for your interest!

Some things I have in my collection I no longer want, I will send to you for cost of posting. I am in the UK (Cambridge) so posting to UK will be preferred. Local pickup in Cambridge also an option to avoid postage cost. I would expect these to be a Royal Mail "small parcel" within the UK so around £4.

All items with no warranty obviously but worked fine when I last used them.

1. Vortex Poker (original) - no switches, I de-soldered them for another project, everything else on the PCB untouched. Includes original key caps & user manual. You might want the stabilisers below also as I think some of them are from the Poker.
Spoiler:
poker.jpg
poker.jpg (836.82 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
2. Random assortment of stabilisers I have collected over the years. Possibly some from the Vortex Poker...
Spoiler:
stabilisers.jpg
stabilisers.jpg (616.87 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
3. Keebio Iris PCBs and acrylic top/bottom plates. Well used, has been soldered and de-soldered a few times. Still has some diodes, reset switches and 3.5mm sockets soldered on. Would need switches, ProMicros, keycaps.
Spoiler:
iris.jpg
iris.jpg (981.94 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
4. Tai-Hao black/white doubleshot key caps, plus a few random black keycaps (from a Filco possibly..). Could probably use a clean!
Spoiler:
keycaps.jpg
keycaps.jpg (435.13 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
keycaps2.jpg
keycaps2.jpg (348.76 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
DM me with your approximate location and which item(s) you would like. I will reply with postage cost and you can accept or refuse. Might take me a few days to get back to you.
Last edited by Shiny on 03 Jan 2024, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

31 Dec 2023, 19:27

I’m interested in the Poker.

Is the case included?

Shiny

01 Jan 2024, 10:33

Muirium wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 19:27
I’m interested in the Poker.

Is the case included?
Yep case included.

Dingster

01 Jan 2024, 12:46

Is the Iris still available? Anyhow, DMd :)

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2024, 22:44

Shiny wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 10:33
Yep case included.
Nice. It’ll make a cool little project board for my spare switches. Appreciated.

robinsonb5

03 Jan 2024, 01:00

I'd be interested in the keycaps and stabs if still available, please? Sending DM...

Muirium
µ

03 Jan 2024, 12:14

The keyboard, caps and stabs are shipping to me. I may well be able to spare the caps and ship them along to you, and whatever stabs I don't need. There's more than enough for the Poker in the pic.

Send me a message in a few days once I have them.

robinsonb5

04 Jan 2024, 22:53

Muirium wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 12:14
Send me a message in a few days once I have them.
Thanks, that's kind - but no worries if you do want to keep the caps and spare stabs.

Muirium
µ

05 Jan 2024, 00:32

I have a lot of caps, to put it very gently indeed. I’m unlikely to need them.

What do you have in mind for a little Poker-sized set, yourself?

Muirium
µ

05 Jan 2024, 16:46

Poker received. Thanks again!

I'll solder in some switches and see what I make of the stock caps. They do helpfully have front legends for the Poker's rather awkward function layer on them; but I want to remap it to the HHKB function layer I have on my 60% boards, which if I succeed to then I won't need those extra legends. We shall see.

Muirium
µ

07 Jan 2024, 15:28

62 Cherry MX clears later…

IMG_3498.jpeg
IMG_3498.jpeg (241.02 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
I’ve had these PCB mount clears sitting in my parts collection for something like 10 years, so it’s good to finally give them a home. My initial impressions, having just finished soldering them in: I actually quite like them. They’ve certainly got tactility compared to brown (stating the obvious), and I find them a perfectly decent weight in this little guy, essentially a “tactile black”, whose pale caps and form factor remind me just a bit of my (increasingly 55g matured) HHKB.

The caps are of course from my recently bought 8BitDo keyboard. I think they go better with the little Poker than they do on their native TKL. I’m happier with that Cherry profile dyesub set I put on it.

62 switches, on a 61 key board? Well, the stock caps were very tight on my clears indeed. I managed to pull open two switches while trying caps earlier, one of which went back together easily but the other one’s spring is missing here in the kitchen…

IMG_3503.jpeg
IMG_3503.jpeg (151.44 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
The spare stabilisers are all plate mount, by the way. The Poker needed all 5 PCB-mount stabs which came with it. The plate mount stabs are still spare: I count 4 small ones and 1 large for a spacebar. The original Poker caps are also spare, they are a bit shined with previous use.

Speaking of stabs: I remembered to do the Cherry stabs clip mod when installing them. Great improvement! For now, I’ve left the right Shift stabiliser unmodified for comparison’s sake, and the difference is night and day: The Smoosh is Gone! Highly recommended for these convenient but notoriously mushy stabs.

The snazzy red cable is a USB mini to C cable, plugged into my iPhone for testing purposes. I haven’t even left the room yet.

robinsonb5

07 Jan 2024, 19:18

Muirium wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 00:32
What do you have in mind for a little Poker-sized set, yourself?
Actually it was the Tai Hao set I was interested in, mostly because it's ISO UK layout, which is sadly under-represented.

One day I plan to build a custom keyboard with a gentle ergo curve. (The current plan is to forego the F-keys row and numpad, but I do want backslash to the left of 'Z' - hence ISO keycaps - and I do want a nav cluster.)

The Poker looks great!

Shiny

08 Jan 2024, 18:57

Great to see the Poker getting a new lease of life!

Return to “For sale”