[GONE] Free USED 65g zealios

Shiny

07 Jan 2024, 11:41

Please read this whole post!
77 x well-used 65g tactile non-clicky (purple) Zealios switches. I bought these from KDBfans in 2019. Used on a self-soldered keyboard for about a year and then switches started failing - double key presses for a while then missed presses and then stopped working entirely. At first it was one, which I replaced then another and so on. Gave up after replacing 3 switches and replaced with Cherry MX switches - that's why there is 77 switches rather than 80. My soldering has been OK on multiple keyboards with Cherry MX switches but maybe I damaged them during installation.

Anyway, if anyone wants them with no warranty I am happy to post them to you for the cost of postage. Prefer posting within the UK (would be less than £5).
Spoiler:
zealios.jpg
zealios.jpg (474.55 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
Please DM me with your approximate location and I'll tell what posting costs.
Last edited by Shiny on 23 Jan 2024, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

07 Jan 2024, 15:38

Is this an issue Zealios are known for generally? I remember when they were all the rage when they first came out, but they faded from coverage before anyone had much time to put some mileage on them.

Shiny

07 Jan 2024, 17:34

Muirium wrote:
07 Jan 2024, 15:38
Is this an issue Zealios are known for generally? I remember when they were all the rage when they first came out, but they faded from coverage before anyone had much time to put some mileage on them.
I did a bit of internet research when the switches started failing and there was some talk here and there (I forget where/when I'm afraid) about them being particularly sensitive to overheating whilst soldering... but if I messed that up I would expect them to fail quicker than a year. Some posts suggested removing the top of the switch and wiggling the internals around would be enough to fix them but that didn't work for me.

davkol

10 Jan 2024, 09:20

Would you happen to know whether they're Zealio v1, or v2 already?

I'd be interested in v1 if still available.

Shiny

11 Jan 2024, 19:27

They were sold as "R11" which I think means they are V1?
Still available if you want them.

Return to “For sale”