[WTB EU-DE] Tactile Switches wanted, different types possible - settled for now!

cherryMXblack

06 Mar 2023, 22:38

As is written above: Tactile switches wanted, type not specified, 88 pc. at least, pls make an offer, budget offerings preferred. Due to customs and postage to Germany I would prefer EU, but every offer is welcome.

From my username you can gather what kind of switches I have mostly used yet. Also, I do have some experience with MX blues, but do not particularly like their clickyness.

I thought I would like to try some not-too-light tactile, but not clicky switches and have ordered a cheap TKL 88-switch hot-swap set.
It is equipped with cheap blue clones, but I only want to use it as a base to try out a nice tactile switch set, something similar to MX browns, maybe, so I am just taking the blue ones off.

And then I thought: I could get some cheap tactiles at Amazon, but wouldn't know which. On the other hand, just as I am just taking off the MX blue clones without any intention to use them --- maybe someone else has some tactile switches from a similar buy laying around and will never use them.

So, it can't hurt asking, right?

Please let me know what you have, some remarks on the characteristics of the particular type of switch you have are also very welcome.

Cheers!
Last edited by cherryMXblack on 08 Mar 2023, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

ntv242ver2

07 Mar 2023, 10:29

For modern cherry mx clone switches, you have better luck browsing reddit mech market I think.

cherryMXblack

07 Mar 2023, 13:50

Thank you.
I wasn't aware of them, will do if nothing shows up here.

imbattable

07 Mar 2023, 20:48

I tried the AKKOxMonsgeek switch tester, it has a few tactiles on there. If you want, you can have it for cheap, I'm pretty much clear in what I want. 5€ plus postage? should be possible to send it via Bücherwarensendung.

robinsonb5

07 Mar 2023, 22:18

If your keyboard comes with blues, have you considered trying the "jailhouse blues" mod? It prevents the click jacket from moving, making the switch much quieter - the end result feels a bit like a brown without the pre-travel. (I've used dental bands on a set of Gateron optical blues and the result's quite nice.)

cherryMXblack

08 Mar 2023, 01:55

@imbattable - I sure would like that, sending PM

@robinsonb5 - I wasn't aware of that mod, will look it up. thanks!

Borys555

08 Mar 2023, 09:05

Hello, i have like 79 Alps SKCM Orange. If u are interested just pm me.

TNT

08 Mar 2023, 13:26

PM'd

cherryMXblack

08 Mar 2023, 16:42

Borys555 wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 09:05
Hello, i have like 79 Alps SKCM Orange. If u are interested just pm me.
Thank you for the offer, but I am looking for MX or clones presently. I have no keycaps for Alps.

Also, I have some switches from a friendly member incoming, so I'm settled for now.

imbattable

09 Mar 2023, 10:36

You still want that switch tester? I've no PM from you yet.

cherryMXblack

09 Mar 2023, 16:40

imbattable wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 10:36
You still want that switch tester? I've no PM from you yet.
Sorry -- I am sure I wrote to you yesterday, but the message is not in the system, so I obviously did not click "submit" :-(

I apologize. Yes, I gladly take it, will write again now.

EDIT:

I tried to send you a PM three times now, but they do not show up in my outbox, or anywhere else after sending. With other users I can communicate just fine -- any idea what could be the reason?

Return to “Want to buy”