[WTB] Keyboard with (or Bare Switches): Micro Switch SD Series 4B3A / Electrically Compatible

Compgeke

10 Jul 2020, 04:12

I've got a friend working on restoring a fairly important vintage computer but he's run into keyboard issues. Notably, almost the entire keyboard's switches have failed from mistreatment over the years.

The switches are the Micro Switch 4B3A from the factory. Any electrically compatible switches such as the 4A3A will also work as they contain the same sensor module. These're found in various devices from certain Diablo printing terminals through the Xerox Alto. Unfortunately I don't have a full keyboard model list, but some include the Bud Keypad 83959 and the Honeywell 26SD1-2-H.

An entire keyboard or just desoldered switches will work, he's not picky. He just wants his computer working. The important part is that the sensors are not broken - those're the issue with the issue with the current switches.

gipetto

10 Jul 2020, 18:12

I saw this comment mention a microswitch sd keyboard viewtopic.php?p=466557#p466557
It's still listed for sale, but since the sd series has multiple switch stems I do not know if it would suit your needs. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254630753926

Return to “Want to buy”