[WTB - UK/EU] Model F springs

Wazrach

10 Aug 2020, 10:10

Hi guys, looking for at least enough springs for the letter keys. My brand new Model F77 springs are in poor condition because I messed something up. The springs in my XT are also kinked for some reason, so I cannot use those. I need some pristine springs with no kinks or damage, preferably pingy springs but not the end of the world if not. Thanks in advance.

Post before PM please!

Fkazim

10 Aug 2020, 22:04

How can you mess up all the springs in your BRAND NEW F77?

Wazrach

10 Aug 2020, 22:15

Fkazim wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 22:04
How can you mess up all the springs in your BRAND NEW F77?
I wasn't impressed with the key feel when I first got it. I had a feeling something was wrong with the switches. They were barely tactile and scratchy. I know buckling springs have a wear-in period, but I've typed on pristine and NOS Models F before. They're way better than what I experienced when I installed the keys on my new F77. Anyway, I reseated the springs in the hopes of fixing it. I wasn't aware of the proper spring orientation, so I just kept reseating like every key to try and make them feel better. Certain keys and the spacebar felt much sharper and smoother, but actuated further down in the travel. Anyway, my theory is that the springs were damaged somehow during shipping (they were able to move around freely as the keycaps had yet to be installed), and ParcelForce recorded parcel exterior damage on the tracking. The spacebar was dislodged and the spring was damaged, so it had to be replaced. When I opened the case for the first time, I realised the assembly tabs weren't fully engaged, so I'm guessing the parcel received a pretty nasty knock.

hellothere

21 Aug 2020, 02:09

I have 20 or so good to brand-new springs w/flippers from my Model F XT build and another 90 or so that are marginal to OK. I am in the US, though.

gianni

21 Aug 2020, 06:45

Usually on eBay you can find flippers being sold with attached springs. Otherwise maybe ellipse can help?

hellothere

21 Aug 2020, 19:37

Most of the flippers w/springs I bought were from ellipse. I'd recommend that you contact him through his website, https://www.modelfkeyboards.com. There is a minimum amount to buy. There might be other restrictions. Those were $1 apiece. Hey, contact him anyhow and he might have some advice for you. He helped me and I don't even have one of his keyboards.

I didn't need new barrels, but I bought some barrels + springs and flippers from orihalcon on ebay. orihalcon has everything. Example: I needed one space invaders/hi-tek switch. He sold them in a four pack. Cool.

claup812

31 Aug 2020, 01:51

I have maybe 100 + Model F springs from genuine keyboard.
I am based in U.K
Let me know if needed.

Return to “Want to buy”