Soarer's converter PS/2 to USB

NeK

09 Dec 2020, 08:22

I leave in Europe (Greece), and I'm looking for an Soarer's converter PS/2 to USB.

I can order it directly from orihalcon from US, but it will take like forever to arrive, so is anyone in EUR that has a spare?

dcopellino

09 Dec 2020, 08:33

Hi Nek. Try this
https://www.ebay.it/itm/254760126823
I bought one fews days ago and I found it very very good. Go doubtlessly.

NeK

09 Dec 2020, 10:06

I just bought it. But I immediately regret it. It will still take like a month to come here (from Italy to Greece, WTF???) and it cost 17eur postage!! I now see the orihalcon one and the guy only charges 8 eur for postage. It will take 2 months, but at least it will come from around the earth and also is a better product.

fohat
Elder Messenger

09 Dec 2020, 14:28

NeK wrote:

I now see the orihalcon one and the guy only charges 8 eur for postage. It will take 2 months,
That surprises me, unless Orihalcon has run out and will not be making more for a while.

He is a member here, you should contact him directly and see if he can clarify for you.

NeK

09 Dec 2020, 14:43

fohat wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 14:28
NeK wrote:

I now see the orihalcon one and the guy only charges 8 eur for postage. It will take 2 months,
That surprises me, unless Orihalcon has run out and will not be making more for a while.

He is a member here, you should contact him directly and see if he can clarify for you.
I dont think he is out of stock. Ebay gives a delivery time of 26-51 working days. Probably due to the covid situation.

I will contact him certainly though, thanks.

dcopellino

09 Dec 2020, 15:02

Yes, it is. Don't mind about the delivery time that's specious. I myself ordered some model f barrels from UK and eBay marked the shipping as delivered within next February, even if I received them in two weeks as usual. On the other side, consider that eBay doesn't allow to easily specify different shipping costs for aboard. So, the seller usually keeps them quite high in order to make them compatible both to USA and France, for instance. I realize it's madness but it's typically for easiness sake.

NeK

09 Dec 2020, 19:08

Ok that is good to know, however I cancelled because I didnt want to risk waiting to get it after the holidays/new year, because it defeats the purpose. So in that case I prefer to order directly from orihalcon, and let it take as long as it will, because I consider it a finer product.

Thanks for your help guys.

kmnov2017

09 Dec 2020, 19:55

NeK wrote:
Ok that is good to know, however I cancelled because I didnt want to risk waiting to get it after the holidays/new year, because it defeats the purpose. So in that case I prefer to order directly from orihalcon, and let it take as long as it will, because I consider it a finer product.

Have you considered making your own? It really just takes a few mins and promicro prices start at 3 euros ...

NeK

10 Dec 2020, 11:45

kmnov2017 wrote:
NeK wrote:

Have you considered making your own? It really just takes a few mins and promicro prices start at 3 euros ...
Well, you are probably right, I'm not bad with soldering and microcontrollers. Is there any good guide that you know of? Where should I start?

kmnov2017

10 Dec 2020, 16:14

NeK wrote:
kmnov2017 wrote:
NeK wrote:

Well, you are probably right, I'm not bad with soldering and microcontrollers. Is there any good guide that you know of? Where should I start?
viewtopic.php?t=19035

cakeanalytics

10 Dec 2020, 16:14

NeK wrote:

I used this guide before:
viewtopic.php?t=19035

EDIT: kmnov posted same time I did

NeK

11 Dec 2020, 00:23

Thanks guys!

Return to “Want to buy”