WTB - broken/damaged/cheap Futaba board

Palatino

04 Aug 2023, 12:23

Futaba clicky switches are some of my favourite, and one of my favourite keyboards has these, but one key requires a harder press than all the others. Probably wouldn’t be a problem or even noticeable for a heavier-handed typist, but it bugs me. Therefore, I’d like to solder out that switch and swap it with one from elsewhere on the board, but I daren’t go in cold. What I’d really like is another Futaba board to practise on and get my confidence up, and to know the angles and forces required to remove and replace this switch type successfully. The worse condition the better, so I don’t ruin an otherwise functioning keyboard. Thank you!

podgen

04 Aug 2023, 14:03

Palatino wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 12:23
Futaba clicky switches are some of my favourite, and one of my favourite keyboards has these, but one key requires a harder press than all the others. Probably wouldn’t be a problem or even noticeable for a heavier-handed typist, but it bugs me. Therefore, I’d like to solder out that switch and swap it with one from elsewhere on the board, but I daren’t go in cold. What I’d really like is another Futaba board to practise on and get my confidence up, and to know the angles and forces required to remove and replace this switch type successfully. The worse condition the better, so I don’t ruin an otherwise functioning keyboard. Thank you!
I've not got a broken one to sell, but:
I just went straight in with my 2, and the main thing to be mindful of the unusual three pin arrangement - taking them out is just a simple wiggle to be honest. I'm not sure if it's typical of MA, or whether my board'd just bad quality, but I did lift a pad desoldering one of mine - easy fix though

Return to “Want to buy”