[WTB] MaxiSwitch Boards

Go-Kart

21 Jan 2024, 20:04

So, I decided to get rid of almost all of my gear almost a year ago, to stick with my trusty HHKBs. Trouble is, I made the mistake of pulling out one of the only vintage boards I kept ...it has relit the fire in me!

The board my was beat-up AnyKey. I love the key feel. Since I have loved every MaxiSwitch board I have had the pleasure of caressing, and I obviously love my pair of Pro 2s, I think I have a thing for good rubber dome-based boards.

So, please message me regarding any MaxiSwitch boards you're willing to part with, but also, other decent rubber dome boards, Scorpious D/S, NMB D/S, etc. too! The bigger and beiger the better!

Muirium
µ

22 Jan 2024, 12:32

Say it loud and say it proud: "I am a rubberdome enthusiast!"

As someone with a similar love for HHKB, I’m not sure if your new desire is a pointer for what I should also try next, or a warning not to start a sub-collection!

Go-Kart

22 Jan 2024, 21:38

I am!

I really do particularly enjoy MaxiSwitch boards. Similar key feel to Topre, stiffer though. I'll bring my AnyKey next time I'm north of the boarder!

That reminds me, I must see if Anachronism will sell me the MaxiSwitch Apricot board I sold him; that was the nicest MS board I've tried. My preference may be similar to how I prefer Topre in a HHKB to a RF; the all plastic construction/lack of steel mounting plate affects the key feel in just the right way.

Man from Mars

03 Feb 2024, 12:05

Hi Go-Kart,
I have an ME-101 board. Apart from missing rubber feet and the natural yellowing, it's in pretty nice shape. I never got to even test it because it has the DIN plug.
PM me if you're interested, I can provide pics.

Return to “Want to buy”