[WTT] Converted IBM 6580 [WTTF] Other beamspring keyboards

ktvkeyboards

10 Jan 2023, 05:35

Hello,
This is my first post in Deskthority!

I've been on a hunt for a beamspring keyboard, and was fortunate enough to find an IBM 6580 displaywriter. I have since converted the keyboard, and I'm now looking to trade it for other beamspring keyboard, preferably non-5152.

It would be great if I could trade with someone also in Canada, but any offer is much appreciated.

Feel free to drop any questions, I'll be happy to answer them

ktvkeyboards

10 Jan 2023, 06:45

Edit: Also offering a set of grey IBM Selectric keycaps since some keycaps stems have been broken (only the blank and macro keys, not on the main 60% area)

ArtyomTheMetroHopper

10 Jan 2023, 14:48

ktvkeyboards wrote:
Edit: Also offering a set of grey IBM Selectric keycaps since some keycaps stems have been broken (only the blank and macro keys, not on the main 60% area)
Not sure If it would interest you but I do have a fairly rare IBM 5382 module with selectric grey and black keycaps. Also have an Xwhatsit controller alongside it and was planning to use it for anouther project but I quite like the 6580. Only catch is that because the 5382 is module it does not have a case so you would need to either use as it is or make a simple box case (I was planning on fitting it into a table personally :lol: )

ktvkeyboards

10 Jan 2023, 15:57

ArtyomTheMetroHopper wrote:
10 Jan 2023, 14:48
ktvkeyboards wrote:
Not sure If it would interest you but I do have a fairly rare IBM 5382 module with selectric grey and black keycaps. Also have an Xwhatsit controller alongside it and was planning to use it for anouther project but I quite like the 6580. Only catch is that because the 5382 is module it does not have a case so you would need to either use as it is or make a simple box case (I was planning on fitting it into a table personally :lol: )
That sounds interesting, I've just looked up the pictures and I quite like the layout of the 5382. I'll send you a message!

ktvkeyboards

11 Jan 2023, 16:10

Return to “Want to trade”