Acer 710 Personal Computer

Sinnerman

08 Jun 2022, 09:38

Hi all. I would like to share a recent purchase of this collectible computer in the state of NIB. This is an Acer 710 computer with an 8088 processor. I got it brand new, in original boxes. Along with the computer, there was also his native Acer KB-101A mechanical keyboard on the legendary Alps SKCM Blue switches and his own Acer mouse, in its own beautiful box with a manual, a floppy disk and an adapter. Unfortunately, the original Acer monitor, which is shown on the manual, was not included, but there was another monitor - Samsung CK4644 14" CGA. Also new in the box. Inside the boxes, I also found neatly stacked manuals for MS-DOS, GW-BASIC and of course the floppy disks themselves with this software.Initially, I really wanted to film the unpacking on video, but since I actually did the first unpacking in front of the seller, the idea was gone.I can also say that I was very worried that the battery could leak from time to time and ruin something inside, but when I brought the computer home, I opened the lid and saw that there was a regular CR2032 - I breathed a sigh of relief. As for the main characteristics - an Intel 8088 processor, 640 kilobytes of memory, a 20 megabytes hard drive. In general, this computer does not have the most understandable history , but it explains why he survived to our time in such a state.The very first owner bought it a very long time ago in Europe (judging by the fact that the keyboard layout is Spanish and all manuals in Spanish - in Spain), but something not good happened and the new, sealed Acer was removed far into the pantry, where it had lain all this time. Honestly, the feeling of interacting with this time capsule is simply incredible. Pleasant white-beige plastic, cold metal and the smell of manuals is indescribable. A little later I will add a few more photos of the keyboard. All pleasant viewing.

Last edited by Sinnerman on 11 May 2024, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

John Doe

08 Jun 2022, 09:50

Wow :shock: for ISO layout and skcm blue enthusiasts an NOS Acer kb102a is dream.

photekq
Cherry Picker

08 Jun 2022, 19:56

Incredible stuff man, and a great write up :mrgreen:

Return to “Gallery”