Post your keyboard/keycaps!

seaworthy

26 Jan 2016, 06:00

How did you get the ABS spacebar dyed blue without warping--just a quick dip in the bath?

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2016, 08:07

No retrobright. That one was just lucky not to get so yellowed in the first place! It's an AppleDesign Keyboard spacebar, so it might give me trouble yet. Especially that stabilizer which I ought to photo. But I'll see if I can use it anyway. It's still good and pale and I ain't got a PBT option (that I can remember…).

Note the yellowed Caps Lock and Escape keys. They're from the same set. Alps mount but originally on Apple's crappiest domes. I never saw the board but Cindy harvested the caps for me. The spacebar is the star of the bunch but I might just have more luck with that stepped Caps Lock in HHKB right Shift position than another PBT original.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

26 Jan 2016, 10:51

Muirium wrote: My HHKB will have to make do with regular Escape keys instead:

[HHKB with lots of red Escape keys]
Is that what we call "RegEscs"? :mrgreen:

JustLiQuiD

26 Jan 2016, 15:32

Poker X with a keycap mix :D

photekq
Cherry Picker

27 Jan 2016, 08:15

Just some quick pictures..

HHKB Type-S..
Silenced Realforce 45g JIS
NIB Goupil 3000 w/ UK ISO dyesubs, prism style casing
Last edited by photekq on 27 Jan 2016, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

kokokoy

27 Jan 2016, 08:33

Surprised to see more topre photos than cherry. :P

Muirium
µ

27 Jan 2016, 08:45

Glad to see you getting up into the good stuff now, Photekq!

photekq
Cherry Picker

27 Jan 2016, 08:51

Muirium wrote: Glad to see you getting up into the good stuff now, Photekq!
I'm using the HHKB now.. While I'm enjoying the switches very much, I'm not sure I prefer them to vintage browns. I'm struggling a lot with the layout, particularly because I have always toggled caps lock in order to do capital letters, and this board doesn't have the option for a dedicated caps lock key. It's hard to get used to shift again.

Muirium
µ

27 Jan 2016, 08:54

Fn + Tab does it. I prefer Shift + Shift, but you'll need software for that.

photekq
Cherry Picker

27 Jan 2016, 08:56

Muirium wrote: Fn + Tab does it. I prefer Shift + Shift, but you'll need software for that.
Having it in the function layer doesn't really cut it for toggling like I use it.. Needs to be dedicated unfortunately.

Muirium
µ

27 Jan 2016, 09:01

I presume you know your way around whatever the Windows equivalent is to Karabiner. You could make your own Caps Lock with that. Right where Control is, if you can bear that!

The HHKB layout is so natural to me that I've long mapped my winkeyless boards the same way. Control left of A. And Option-Command-Space on the bottom row, where I always expect them.

davkol

27 Jan 2016, 13:58

Why not enable sticky Shift keys software-side and just get used to the swapped positions?

Matt_

27 Jan 2016, 16:04

... or get Hasu's alternate controller and run TMK with a dual-role Fn key (tap=Capslock, hold=Fn)?

edit: just so as not to be completely off-topic...

Purple dyesubs from a Triumph Adler 7007. Got them from the classifieds, so you may have seen them before. I need mods (and better lighting) to do them justice. And a board to put them on :mrgreen:

chanlol

28 Jan 2016, 08:35

I got an unsoldered Kmac happy! Hoho ~

bazh

28 Jan 2016, 08:39

Matt_ wrote: ... or get Hasu's alternate controller and run TMK with a dual-role Fn key (tap=Capslock, hold=Fn)?

Purple dyesubs from a Triumph Adler 7007. Got them from the classifieds, so you may have seen them before. I need mods (and better lighting) to do them justice. And a board to put them on :mrgreen:
wait is that originally purple :o

I have one in regular TA blue :D

gogusrl

28 Jan 2016, 10:17

JustLiQuiD wrote: Poker X with a keycap mix :D

what keycaps are those ?

Matt_

28 Jan 2016, 11:19

bazh wrote:
Matt_ wrote: wait is that originally purple :o

Yes, the blue is really nice too (actually it might look better than purple on grey keycaps, but I never saw a blue TA set in person) but I had never seen those in purple either so I couldn't let them pass :)

bazh

28 Jan 2016, 12:32

Matt_ wrote:
bazh wrote:
Matt_ wrote: wait is that originally purple :o

Yes, the blue is really nice too (actually it might look better than purple on grey keycaps, but I never saw a blue TA set in person) but I had never seen those in purple either so I couldn't let them pass :)
there's a blue set on the classified at the moment too, just saw it yesterday ;)

Here's mine, but it was from a TA Satelite4, a bit different from yours :D but your purple rocks :D

I also have a cool code key 8-)

Khers

28 Jan 2016, 13:54

Yet another HHKB:

seaworthy

28 Jan 2016, 17:13

...yes but such a clean and efficient provider of mellifluous syncopation (feels good, sounds good)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

28 Jan 2016, 17:19

Very nice Khers! While I did choose the FC660C over the HHKB, the latter is so much more balanced and (slightly) better looking.

andrewjoy

28 Jan 2016, 18:22

Matt_ wrote:
I have a set of them , they feel so nice ! But mine are in QWERTZ, no big deal but as you say need some mods for them.

Khers

28 Jan 2016, 18:42

Thanks guys! The FC660 would have been perfect had Leopold gone for a traditional (whatever that is) 65% layout.

The HHKB and I go back a long way. I saw one in a computer magazine in the late nineties when I was a pre-teen and just started to get into computers. I was amazed equally with the price of the keyboard and the egregious price. Unfortunately, my attention span was not much longer than my nose reached back then and the HHKB was soon forgotten. Time passed or whatever, but I got one (ok, two) now...

Muirium
µ

28 Jan 2016, 18:57

That's the thing: there is no traditional 65% layout. The whole space between 60% and TKL is a grey area full of compromise.

When I was still reading magazines as a teen in the 90s, I was too busy looking at naked ladies. Come to think of it, I always had a thing for compact layouts, even then…

meow a cat

28 Jan 2016, 22:02

Matt_ wrote: ... or get Hasu's alternate controller and run TMK with a dual-role Fn key (tap=Capslock, hold=Fn)?

These look great, I bet they would look really good with the GMK Purple mod set!

lolpes

30 Jan 2016, 19:16

Xpost from the pt tread:

Thank you very much shreebles :D

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

31 Jan 2016, 23:26

Nice one. :)

lolpes

31 Jan 2016, 23:31

Thanks dude :):) I am loving the board never tought I would like 75% so much XD, but now for work I have to use function keys a lot more so it made sense :p

Still have to figure how to edit the layout since the old config had the alt gr key on another location

Prelim

31 Jan 2016, 23:46

lolpes wrote: Still have to figure how to edit the layout since the old config had the alt gr key on another location
Should be the same as the other RSIII, so you can use TMK Keymap Generator: https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=d ... tach=92536 ;)

Laser
emacs -nw

01 Feb 2016, 22:21

Nothing new ... for you! :D
hhkb.jpg
hhkb.jpg (894.54 KiB) Viewed 6277 times

Return to “Gallery”