Post your keyboard/keycaps!

emdude
Model M Apologist

08 May 2016, 09:35

By "nonsense," I meant actually using the keyboards! ;) Not to detract from all the great photos people take of their boards, of course.

Prelim

18 May 2016, 16:52

new toy (Cherry 1600)

photekq
Cherry Picker

18 May 2016, 17:13

Nice Prelim :mrgreen:

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 May 2016, 17:15

Whoa I didn't known there were any Cherry boards with a lit winkeys :)

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Ray

18 May 2016, 17:53

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

18 May 2016, 18:00

Nice get Prelim :)

derzemel

18 May 2016, 19:46

I finally managed to get a winkey cherry: G80-3000HSMGB (in very good condition with 0 shine :D)
I finally have that damn bottom row :P
Also, it's not that yellowed... the pictures were taken with a potato :lol:

Prelim

18 May 2016, 20:17

looks in real great condition! nice @derzemel ;)

shreebles
Finally 60%

18 May 2016, 20:20

Nice derzemel!
Did you have to sell your soul or was it a steal?

derzemel

18 May 2016, 20:41

Prelim wrote: looks in real great condition! nice @derzemel ;)
yes, it is in very good condition... it does not have any dust inside it :lol:
shreebles wrote: Nice derzemel!
Did you have to sell your soul or was it a steal?
I do not know if a steal... 60Eur shipped :mrgreen:

kekstee

19 May 2016, 13:13

I would consider it between steal and very fair for a perfect UK set. At least it seems those are much harder to get.

derzemel

19 May 2016, 13:23

kekstee wrote: I would consider it between steal and very fair for a perfect UK set. At least it seems those are much harder to get.
Yes, I would consider it more of a fair price too. Now I have to find a center-stem caps lock and a center stem beige spacebar so I can use the keycaps on other boards too... damn :lol:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 May 2016, 13:27

derzemel wrote:
kekstee wrote: I would consider it between steal and very fair for a perfect UK set. At least it seems those are much harder to get.
Yes, I would consider it more of a fair price too. Now I have to find a center-stem caps lock and a center stem beige spacebar so I can use the keycaps on other boards too... damn :lol:
Windows and menu key are pad printed right?

derzemel

19 May 2016, 13:36

Wodan wrote:
derzemel wrote:
Windows and menu key are pad printed right?
yes, pad print. I was also wondering what's with the S in the model number and I was very curious to see if any keycaps are DyeSub, but all the rest are doubleshot.

Edit: it is connected to the switches, S is another designation for MX-Blue, according to the Wiki, but I have never seen it on DIN connector keyboards, only on PS/2 and USB

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 May 2016, 13:44

Someone at Cherry is just rolling the dice very time they have to come up with a new model number. Or they let the office cat walk over a keyboard.

shreebles
Finally 60%

19 May 2016, 14:18

Damn, I thought that was the legendary doubleshot 1.25u bottom row. Then again, still a fair price for those caps.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 May 2016, 14:20

Afaik, this windows key does no exist in doubleshot, same for the menu key.

But still curious to find one should it exist ...

I choose the doubleshot modern windows design for the planned GB over this "vintage" windows key design because GMK said it's not available :(

photekq
Cherry Picker

19 May 2016, 14:42

Well done derzemel! That bottom row is a must have for any serious Cherry picker.

derzemel

19 May 2016, 14:54

photekq wrote: Well done derzemel! That bottom row is a must have for any serious Cherry picker.
thank you, thank you! :mrgreen:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 May 2016, 15:02

I want one too :(
They usually went for 100€ when I was still watching Ebay ...
And that's for the German version!

Halvar

19 May 2016, 15:03

shreebles wrote: Damn, I thought that was the legendary doubleshot 1.25u bottom row.
It is! Cherry never made any doubleshot Windows and Menu keycaps. GMK make the "Vista/XP flag" and the Win8/Win10 tilted window, not the older Windows95 style.

Halvar

19 May 2016, 15:07

Wodan wrote: I want one too :(
They usually went for 100€ when I was still watching Ebay ...
And that's for the German version!
Yes, the pointlessness of these prices for basically 7 key caps, in the age of GMK no less, is always striking.

shreebles
Finally 60%

19 May 2016, 15:18

Halvar wrote:
shreebles wrote: Damn, I thought that was the legendary doubleshot 1.25u bottom row.
It is! Cherry never made any doubleshot Windows and Menu keycaps. GMK make the "Vista/XP flag" and the Win8/Win10 tilted window, not the older Windows95 style.
Sorry, yea, I confused two things. The bottom row is actually doubleshot with the exception of the Win and Menu keys, so the rest is double shot? Not the whole bottom row is pad printed, so it IS the legendary bottom row.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

19 May 2016, 15:20

Shameless plug: I have one to sell, if someone is interested. :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 May 2016, 15:21

Well it doesn't get any more legendary than that. The space bar is still useless for modern keyboards though because of the off-center stem location though. Cherry doubleshots just don't want to be on modern keyboards.

Halvar

19 May 2016, 16:11

Yes, as well as Caps Lock. Cherry was first though -- the "blame" should be on Filco/Costar, when they first started using MX switches.

shreebles
Finally 60%

19 May 2016, 16:58

Centered caps-lock in my eyes is infinitely superior to stepped, because it is more balanced which results in better off-center presses.

In normal usage this may not be as noticeable but when you use Capslock for FN or Control you need that key all the time, and a stepped one felt very wonky, and the area to press it is smaller and further away.

Halvar

19 May 2016, 17:25

If you do use it as Caps Lock though, the stepped version is infinitely superior to centered, because this frigging key is directly next to A ... :-)

Muirium
µ

19 May 2016, 17:27

Infinitely superior is a bit of a stretch!

I do see both sides of the argument here, however. I use it as Control, myself. So the stepping as a WARNING: KEYBOARD DESIGN ERROR! PLEASE USE WITH CAUTION! isn't beneficial to me. But then again I quite like the look of the stepping on my IBMs. I lean towards unstepped, but it's not as big a deal with me as most minutiae…

Halvar

19 May 2016, 17:36

It's an infinite bit of a stretch!

Return to “Gallery”