Some Access-IS keyboards

hoggy

03 Feb 2012, 12:22

Picture isn't so good...

I've tried to arrange them so you can get an idea of relative sizes. Of note is that the old 72s are pretty much the same size as the more recent 90s

yab8433408

03 Feb 2012, 12:40

太帅了 我喜欢那些彩色键帽 ~~~~

Gilgam

03 Feb 2012, 12:51

yab8433408 wrote:太帅了 我喜欢那些彩色键帽 ~~~~
We definitely need a chinese <-> english inline translator here ...
:mrgreen:

We will just have to cope with taiwanese , cantonese or mandarin idioms.

hoggy

03 Feb 2012, 12:54

(I love those handsome coloured keycaps) - is that an accurate translation? Copying the characters into google seems to do the trick for me.

Assuming you mean the blue/green yellow ones... The best thing about them is that the keys are all the same profile - very handy for playing around with the layout.

The 2nd from the top left are cherry doubleshots. All of the others are made by signature plastics.

7bit

03 Feb 2012, 13:11

hoggy wrote:...
Picture isn't so good...
Softness in the picture comes from the soft carpet.
A hard laminate floor would give better contrast.

hoggy

03 Feb 2012, 13:17

Thanks for the tip! So the camera tries to focus on the texture of the carpet and ruins it for the keyboards?

7bit

03 Feb 2012, 13:40

hoggy wrote:Thanks for the tip! So the camera tries to focus on the texture of the carpet and ruins it for the keyboards?
Look at webwit's laminate-floor-photos. They are allways sharp! So it must be the carpet.

BTW: I like the one in the plastic bag most. Does it have Cherry key caps?

edit: Your theory is right! I can see the texture of the carpet, but not the texture of the key caps!

sordna

03 Feb 2012, 16:06

Doubt it. Focusing is about distance, and the distance between carpet and keycaps is minimal. The keyboards at the top of the photo actually have a much bigger distance from the camera than the ones at the bottom of the photo. The mid-right of the photo is especially blurry. I think the lens needs a good cleaning! Also it will help to take the photo with more light.

Gilgam

03 Feb 2012, 16:35

i think it was a joke from 7bit. Some kind of geek humour :mrgreen:

Are these tipro keyboards really different from some other plate mounted KB ?

I love the black one too :-)

7bit

03 Feb 2012, 16:37

The Tipros (not pictured) are much better!

Want some?
sordna wrote:Doubt it. Focusing is about distance, and the distance between carpet and keycaps is minimal. The keyboards at the top of the photo actually have a much bigger distance from the camera than the ones at the bottom of the photo. The mid-right of the photo is especially blurry. I think the lens needs a good cleaning! Also it will help to take the photo with more light.
The lens is alright!

Just a larger sensor would be fine.

Also, we need joke-tags.
:roll:

Gilgam

03 Feb 2012, 16:48

7bit wrote:The Tipros (not pictured) are much better!
Like the cherries ? :mrgreen:

hoggy

03 Feb 2012, 16:49

I agree about the light. Tied up the nets, put all the lights on, but forgot to move to a country that actually gets any sun...

The one in the plastic bag is as bnib as I've seen in an Access board. SP caps I'm afraid. I've got another black one at work with round 3 caps on it - looks much better.

7bit

03 Feb 2012, 16:59

hoggy wrote:I agree about the light. Tied up the nets, put all the lights on, but forgot to move to a country that actually gets any sun...

The one in the plastic bag is as bnib as I've seen in an Access board. SP caps I'm afraid. I've got another black one at work with round 3 caps on it - looks much better.
The one in the bag has got SP key caps?
:o
The lettering looks so thick!
:?

hoggy

03 Feb 2012, 17:20

Turns out the lens was a bit smeary. :oops:

Letters on the 127s are the same...

Already got tipro - must play with it more. The Access boards only have 2 layers - the tipros have 4, don't they?

Brian8bit

03 Feb 2012, 17:24

From the preview picture on the front page I thought "oh wow, that's a pretty cool pedal board setup".

7bit

03 Feb 2012, 17:38

Thanks!

I will show Melissa the phote with the up-arrow on the Shift key.

Maybe we can save some money, does look OK to me.

sordna

04 Feb 2012, 05:42

Does anyone here have experience with the Genovation 681 / 682 ?
It has 35 keys, 2 layers. Seems like a good candidate for building a split keyboard.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Feb 2012, 10:26

sordna wrote:Does anyone here have experience with the Genovation 681 / 682 ?
It has 35 keys, 2 layers. Seems like a good candidate for building a split keyboard.
I have a Genovation 682 with white tactile/klicky ALPS switches.
It is awfully loud, as the whole unit resonates every time a switch is released after having been pressed.
And it is much too high.

Return to “Gallery”