Realforce SSK (55g)

y11971alex

02 Mar 2017, 03:59

After around a week of using the Realfroce 87u, I've found that it really discourages proper typing technique. If I suspend my wrists in the air (such as I was taught to), because the keys are so soft, they naturally drop onto the desk quite soon.

romevi

02 Mar 2017, 04:58

What if proper typing technique is unique to each keyboard? Maybe there's no one technique to rule them all.

y11971alex

05 Mar 2017, 11:54

:O

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 Mar 2017, 12:31

y11971alex wrote: After around a week of using the Realfroce 87u, I've found that it really discourages proper typing technique. If I suspend my wrists in the air (such as I was taught to), because the keys are so soft, they naturally drop onto the desk quite soon.
Well Topre may not be your thing although one week is not long, you may want to try another typing technique.

pr0ximity

05 Mar 2017, 13:26

I use my white 87U 55g at work quite frequently, and have really grown to enjoy it. As others have said, I think you would be very hard-pressed to find another modern retail keyboard of the same quality. I also like the styling quite a bit, some people have an extreme distaste for the huge bezel, but I think the white/beige model looks pretty elegant.

My favorite part of the 55g Topre tactility is that is has a satisfying rebound as the domes "pop" back into their default position. It provides a nice boost as your fingers move from key to key.

Least favorite is the slight mushiness, but it's not too bad and I prefer that to something harsher on your fingertips. I could type for ages on these.

Return to “Gallery”