JDL Japan Digital Laboratory Keyboard [Topre]

Topre Enthusiast

03 Oct 2011, 10:17

This board arrived today. It was labeled as an A8855.
It's in much better condition than the two Sony NEWS boards which it probably owes to it's age. The yellowing on the spacebar is pretty bad and in the top left corner of the board there is also some yellowing. I think I will try some retr0bright on the spacebar.

Last edited by 002 on 03 Oct 2011, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

CeeSA

03 Oct 2011, 11:45

very special!

HoboBob

03 Oct 2011, 15:23

Interesting layout. Is it just me or the Enter key looks more massive (eventho the top part is double key only). I just feel bigger (that's what she said).

How do you come up with more and more RF/Topre? yahoo jp or something?

I wish I could try some RF switch one day, but the girlfriend won't allow me to place another shelf in the computer room filled with keyboards...

Topre Enthusiast

04 Oct 2011, 03:25

The enter key does seem a little bigger than normal, plus it even has a little '1/2 enter' sitting right next to it, for those times when you don't want to commit yourself fully? Funnily enough it's the one I tend to hit more often because I'm so used to ANSI.

I've found about 10 keys that open the Windows calculator so far including the Numlock (even when the blue function key is held down) which is a bit annoying :)

And yeah justifying purchases to my s/o is starting to get difficult for me too. Thankfully we both have our vices when it comes to personal purchases :)

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Oct 2011, 03:30

You have to talk reason into your s/o. Come on, you really need that vintage Japanese lab keyboard, isn't it obvious?

Topre Enthusiast

04 Oct 2011, 03:32

Well if you've got yourself a s/o, then I'm ready to take notes from the keyboard collecting master, webwit ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Oct 2011, 03:50

I don't think I can be of much help. Women who want to tame men. I insult them. They go away. No problems there. :twisted: Also me and my gf are separate financial entities, and like your s/o, she has her own vices.

itlnstln

04 Oct 2011, 15:40

webwit wrote:I don't think I can be of much help. Women who want to tame men. I insult them. They go away. No problems there. :twisted: Also me and my gf are separate financial entities, and like your s/o, she has her own vices.
This is how I roll. It works well.

ripster

06 Oct 2011, 16:46

Notice the yellow spacebar.

Topre engineers used ABS back then.

Then after YEARS of research they realized they can charge $120 for Blue, Yellow, Pink, Turquoise, Chartreuse, Mauve, Flamingo keys to Keyboard Geeks.

The spacebars are STILL ABS though.

This is called engineering progress in the 21st Century.

Topre Enthusiast

06 Oct 2011, 23:56

ripster wrote:Notice the yellow spacebar.
ohyou.jpg :roll:

Topre Enthusiast

06 Mar 2012, 11:10

Another variation.
Newer, USB, shortcut buttons and has some alternate functions on some of the keys.
Attachments
JDL USB.jpg
JDL USB.jpg (555.56 KiB) Viewed 4132 times

Return to “Gallery”