Four pallets of keyboards

Trent

15 Mar 2012, 02:01

I recently won a bid for four pallets of keyboards for a stupid low price. I was able to cherry pick (haha cherry pick get it?) the pallets for the best items. Along with finding roughly 20 1391401's, I found a few aircraft carrier boards, some monteries, some chicony, a few fk-2001, four apple extended II keyboards, four dell at101w's.

The moment of truth was this one item, it was in rough shape, but I am planning on nursing her to life and using her as my daily driver....

An IBM Spacesaver Model M!!!

I will post the images of some of the boards when I get the chance to compile them all in one album, but otherwise this was a great find!

Many of these items I will be attempting to sell to you fine people, if interested. If not I will be for sure be linking the eBay auctions when they occur.

Trent

15 Mar 2012, 02:02

Photos!

Be gentle, this is round one of photos. The quality isn't that great as the light in my house isn't awesome, not to mention I am taking these with my phone. I WILL be posting HQ photos soon.

Click the show to reveal the photos.
Spoiler:
Bin number one

Storage for IBM Model M's part one

Interesting Memorex terminal style board with AT plug, saw one on eBay for $40 once. Rubber dome

Four Dell AT101W's

Wierd brand "Leading Edge"

Colorful HP keyboard, rubber dome

Help button instead of Escape button :lol:

Escape button on the right side of the keyboard? :lol:

Ctrl above shift? :roll:

Panasonic "Business Partner"

Somehow I believe that the dirt covering Business Partner may have some hidden symbolism to it, but maybe I am looking into things too deeply...

An ALPS brand keyboard? Gee I wonder what kind of switches it has...

Uh... Feels like rubber dome. Not sure though.

End result? Awesome.

Chincony, have about three or four of these

Others stored in my garage (a lot of that redbull has been consumed due to the sorting of these)

Others along the wall

Old military board? Metal AT connector, have seen these on eBay before but don't know what they are.

Interesting keys on it!

Not old or that interesting, but was the only keyboard with an integrated mouse, so I took it.

Two Apple Extended II's (turns out I hate the switches on them, don't know why, maybe the dampened ALPS isn't my thing)

Back of my car is filled with the RJ-35 IBM boards and 122 key terminals. Imagine those back seats folded down then boards filled to the top of the car.

Awesome IBM's!

One IBM 122 key terminal had this sticker on it, made me smile :)

Your average IBM Rubber dome RJ-11 keyboard right?

No! It has buckling springs! Haven't seen any like this before!

Speedomax 25000, loved the name :lol:

Unknown boards

Interesting keys though

A DEC keyboard? :shock: I found about 4 of these

IBM Model M's part one, from picture shown previously.

All of the IBM Model M Terminal and others (with built in cords that have been ripped off) from my car's trunk photo earlier

Epson keyboard

Memorex Telex

NCR board

Zenith board (blurry sorry)
Well that's all for part 1 folks.

What's next Trent?

I am currently on vacation right now, but when I get done I'll be taking a full inventory of the items, and selling most of them to you fine people!

If you have questions or would like to put in requests PM me and I will try my hardest to organize these requests :lol:

Update 3/18/2012 I am heading back to my local living area tomorrow, I will begin processing the items and creating a mega sell thread in the marketplace for the items to rest.

Update 5/25/2012 I mean't to put up a sell thread! Hard to believe it has been 2 whole months since I got this, things have been so busy! Expect serious sales updates come beginning/middle of June!
Last edited by Trent on 25 May 2012, 09:47, edited 3 times in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Mar 2012, 02:05

Real men buy keyboards by the pallet!

rodtang

15 Mar 2012, 02:06

It almost has more charm dirty with missing caps.

Trent

15 Mar 2012, 02:20

webwit wrote:Real men buy keyboards by the pallet!
My SUV was literally filled to the brim with keyboards, it was insane. At least 200-250 in the car.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Mar 2012, 02:40

Trent wrote:My SUV was literally filled to the brim with keyboards, it was insane. At least 200-250 in the car.

glossywhite

15 Mar 2012, 03:28

All that's left to do now, is to sell the 20 Model M's for a good price.

captain

15 Mar 2012, 04:51

Got any ALPS complicated? In good shape. I have a sticky one already! ;-)

Magna224

15 Mar 2012, 07:15

Was this the auction in Wisconsin? Btw I'm expecting pics of every keyboard :D

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Mar 2012, 07:31

Welcome to the club of the board haulers. I got some funny looks when I was driving down the road with my car filled to the brim with keyboards.

About the SSK:
I have a set of clean IBM SSK Keys in ANSI Layout and a top shell I can sell you if you want them.

I had a bolt-mod done on my SSK so it is now in ISO layout and the top shell was replaced with an industrial from unicomp.

cactux

15 Mar 2012, 08:01

[Account and posts deleted on request]

Lustique

15 Mar 2012, 10:51

Ascaii wrote:Welcome to the club of the board haulers. I got some funny looks when I was driving down the road with my car filled to the brim with keyboards.
[...]
Somehow I know imagine something like this:

or a clown car. :lol:

Mrinterface

15 Mar 2012, 10:56

Great catch!

Glad you managed to save those babies from destruction. So many of them end up in crushers/furnaces these days :-(

Icarium

15 Mar 2012, 11:11

Congrats! Very well done! :)

Grond

15 Mar 2012, 11:22

MOAR pics! :D

Mrinterface

15 Mar 2012, 11:28

I would love a pic of that fully loaded SUV :-)

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Mar 2012, 13:34

This was when I got my haul:

Mrinterface

15 Mar 2012, 14:00

You gotta love those search sessions through huge piles of keyboards. And the amazed expression on the face of the seller trying to figure out what he missed out on .... :mrgreen:

Magna224

15 Mar 2012, 17:02

Ascaii, is that a.... T5-R :o

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Mar 2012, 18:31

I wish.
It is "only" a VW Lupo Turbodiesel. I love the car, it is a lot of fun to drive and has a huge interior for the size it is. Plus, I can find a parking place anywhere.

Grond

15 Mar 2012, 18:51

Ascaii wrote:I wish.
It is "only" a VW Lupo Turbodiesel. I love the car, it is a lot of fun to drive and has a huge interior for the size it is. Plus, I can find a parking place anywhere.
And most importantly, it can carry a whole shitload of keyboards when needed! :mrgreen:

dirge

15 Mar 2012, 19:15

I love the one sandwiched behind the headwrest :)

Glad nobody went into the back of you, I can't imagine explaining to the person that hit you, your not actually crying over the damage to the car :D

Magna224

15 Mar 2012, 19:25

The color is pretty close. The tail lights didn't look right though.

Trent

15 Mar 2012, 20:33

Mrinterface wrote:I would love a pic of that fully loaded SUV :-)
Sadly, I didn't get any pics with it filled to the brim. I only have images of the trunk area filled after doing some sorting. I drive a 2005 Hyundai Tucson, so you can imagine the volume they had.
webwit wrote:
Trent wrote:My SUV was literally filled to the brim with keyboards, it was insane. At least 200-250 in the car.
I have seen these awarded before and am very excited to get this award :lol: -- I would like to thank everyone at deskthority.net for their awesomeness.
captain wrote:Got any ALPS complicated? In good shape. I have a sticky one already! ;-)
Don't know, will have to look when I finally take inventory. Eventually I am going to put up a "mega sell" thread listing a lot of the items I want to sell. Also I have never taken apart an ALPS switch for fear of it being a complicated one and me not being able to put it back together lol
Grond wrote:MOAR pics! :D
Just edited the 2nd post, check it out!! :lol:

sixty
Gasbag Guru

15 Mar 2012, 20:43

Some awesome finds there. Too bad the Leading Edge is missing a keycap. I have been looking for one of those for a while.

HzFaq

15 Mar 2012, 20:55

Holy shit dude, some good finds in there. Would love to know the story behind that HP as well, lovely looking board that one.
Last edited by HzFaq on 15 Mar 2012, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Daemon Raccoon

15 Mar 2012, 20:57

I saw a Square Label M, do want. Ooh... looks like there's one without the lock lights.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Mar 2012, 21:02

IBM Model M2.

rodtang

15 Mar 2012, 21:07

Trent wrote:
No! It has buckling springs! Haven't seen any like this before!
IBM M2, they also came in a version with a huge plastic edge (almost made it bigger than a normal M) but that version was rubber dome.

Trent

15 Mar 2012, 21:23

sixty wrote:Some awesome finds there. Too bad the Leading Edge is missing a keycap. I have been looking for one of those for a while.
I have another one that has no missing caps I believe

Return to “Gallery”