Datalux mini keyboard

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Sep 2011, 02:15

Datalux mini keyboard with MEI switches. These switches feel like bad Cherry MX Blacks, they aren't very good. But I couldn't resist for a few euro to check them out. The Enter key stands higher than the other keys. Most keys have the same width as normal keyboards, but have less depth. It's a really small keyboard.

kaiserreich

17 Sep 2011, 09:10

I recall the POKER having larger fonts.
Who did kill to have the smaller font keycaps?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Sep 2011, 10:02

The pokers from the deskthority group buy had this print by default, the one from geekhack had an obnoxiously big font.

To be honest I have no idea why and how this happened (and I'm the one who organized this thing!), but I'm glad it did. The big font is fucking ugly.

lal

17 Sep 2011, 12:22

I like the 70s style case.

Matuka

17 Sep 2011, 12:50

I wonder who's bright idea it was to design that think. It looks so obscure compared to other SSKs.

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Sep 2011, 13:58

I was wondering before what the differences are between the deskthority groupbuy and the geekhack one. Our keycaps look much better.

I wonder who's bright idea it was to design that think. It looks so obscure compared to other SSKs.
The execution leaves to be desired, but I don't think the idea is weird. It saves lots of horizontal space on the desk or counter, while there's usually "dead space" between the keyboard and the monitor. It has all the keys, yet is smaller in width than a Poker or HHKB.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

17 Sep 2011, 17:26

I wonder what possessed them to make that really high enter key. It seems like the sort of thing designed to make typing as needlessly difficult as possible.

kaiserreich

18 Sep 2011, 12:52

The bigger font is the standard one.

I also noted something. the deskthorithy Poker has smaller fonts but a larger windows logo.
It's the other way around for the standard poker.

Return to “Gallery”