IBM 5291 Keyboard "Bigfoot"

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Mar 2016, 21:50

Some days ago I got my two model f XTs, here is a teardown of one of them (to salvage model f flippers for my FSSK).

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 22:27

Neat # replacement on one of the keys. I hope you enjoy yours. I am still converting mine to USB. Hint:

Don't use a pro micro for this, use a Teensy

terrycherry

19 Mar 2016, 11:53

Thanks for the internal photos about this vintage model.

Halvar

19 Mar 2016, 13:52

Oh, nice, did you get these from seebart? The kind of corrosion reminds me of something I know...

If you like to sell one of them or leftover flippers in the future, I'm interested.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

19 Mar 2016, 18:00

Halvar wrote: Oh, nice, did you get these from seebart? The kind of corrosion reminds me of something I know...

If you like to sell one of them or leftover flippers in the future, I'm interested.
Maybe :) , I will think about it, but I have no leftover flippers, I need self 1-2 more to finish my FSSK build (and a pcb :) ) and the keyboards are from ebay.
Spoiler:

dzhoou

20 Mar 2016, 06:38

Halvar wrote: Oh, nice, did you get these from seebart? The kind of corrosion reminds me of something I know...

There's one at $60 right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-PC-XT-Model ... 1681927774

yangdaddy

20 Mar 2016, 21:42

I bought a lot of 4 Model F XTs from ebay recently, and after restoring 2 of them, have a lot of leftover parts in good condition. The bigfoot PCB and plate look the same as mine (5150s). If they are, I have 2 of those that I can sell, along with flippers/springs. Let me know if I can help.
(edit - I looked closer and see that the PCBs are a little different. apologies!)

shreebles
Finally 60%

01 Apr 2016, 00:27

Thanks for the pictures, I just took one of mine apart :)

Return to “Gallery”