Found another Siemens STB 11 Switch keyboard in the trash

IvanStroganov

24 Apr 2016, 08:07

Found in the dumpster, probably got some rain already. The switches do feel pretty nice, so I think I'll salvage those and discard the rest.

OleVoip

24 Apr 2016, 12:30

Welcome to Deskthority!
A Siemens PC-D keyboard from about 1984, excellent find!

I used to know this board only from photos that did not show the plungers. The black plungers are a bit snappier than the red ones. In case you give up on that project, let me know ;)
Oh, and I'd be interested in the "rest", too.

edit: The board was made in July 1985, the switches is March.
Last edited by OleVoip on 13 Jan 2019, 23:58, edited 2 times in total.

IvanStroganov

24 Apr 2016, 13:00

OleVoip wrote: Welcome to Deskthority!
A Siemens PC-D keyboard from about 1984, excellent find!

I used to know this board only from photos that did not show the plungers. The black plungers are a bit snappier than the red ones. In case you give up on that project, let me know ;)
Oh, and I'd be interested in the "rest", too.
thanks for the info.. I couldn't find the name anywhere online. the switches are snappy indeed.
I'm holding on to the switches for now ;) but I'm getting rid of everything else.. so if anyone whats the keycaps.. they are free

OleVoip

24 Apr 2016, 13:09

PM'd!

gichtl

22 Mar 2017, 16:35

Are there any parts available from this keyboard? I am searching exact this keyboard to bring my Siemens PC-D back into operarion where the keyboard was lost during relocation.

OleVoip

25 Mar 2017, 14:52

Hi Gichtl, I'm sorry, IvanStroganov said he'd send me the caps but I haven't heard from him since. It's not quite easy to find replacements for these boards since Siemens used a V.11 balanced serial interface with a proprietary protocol. It's similar to that used by Tandberg, but the boards are not interchangeable. I can provide you with documentation on the protocol and suggestions for the serial driver chips in case you feel inclined to hook up another board by means of a microcontroller. In case you should get that board, I can help you with the two missing caps.

IvanStroganov

09 Dec 2023, 13:46

gichtl wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 16:35
Are there any parts available from this keyboard? I am searching exact this keyboard to bring my Siemens PC-D back into operarion where the keyboard was lost during relocation.
OleVoip wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 14:52
Hi Gichtl, I'm sorry, IvanStroganov said he'd send me the caps but I haven't heard from him since. It's not quite easy to find replacements for these boards since Siemens used a V.11 balanced serial interface with a proprietary protocol. It's similar to that used by Tandberg, but the boards are not interchangeable. I can provide you with documentation on the protocol and suggestions for the serial driver chips in case you feel inclined to hook up another board by means of a microcontroller. In case you should get that board, I can help you with the two missing caps.
just found this topic again. I kind of forgot about it back back in the day. I still have the keyboard somewhere if there is still a need for it

Muirium
µ

09 Dec 2023, 15:07

It’s much too pretty to toss out… all over again. :P

Return to “Gallery”