Kuotiang(?) KM-0220 - The LK201 clone that could

Dra

01 Aug 2016, 21:21

So here's a little something that I picked up on eBay last week because I couldn't find any info on it and 'Made in Taiwan' is usually a good sign on older boards, anyway a small info breakdown:

Model No: KM-0220
Switches: MX Black, MX Super Black, MX Grey
Stabilizers: Cherry-like plate mounted
Keycaps: Doubleshot ABS
PCB Manufacturer(?): Kuotiang
Case Manufacturer: Lien Hwa Plastic Ind Co. Ltd

Interesting thing is that I can't find a definitive answer on who the manufacturer is, as the case is molded by a company that seems to have nothing to do with the PCB

Full shot of the board, uncleaned
Note that only the mains are using the german legends, while everything else stays English

Nav Cluster
I enjoy these keys a lot since they kind of have a novelty factor with 'Find' 'Help' and 'Do'

Close-up of the yellowed keycaps
Doubleshot legends on this thing are beautiful, not sure what the previous owner did to cause the marbling but it looks kinda nice

Switches
Basically a standard Cherry style board, with an MX Grey on the Spacebar and MX Blacks for mains, although this board also features an MX Super Black on the 'Compose Character' key to the left of the spacebar

Stabilizer mount, pegs are the same as 10u spacebar
The board features what I can only describe as 'knockoff' cherry stabs, since the horizontal bar of the stabs is a bit shorter than the one of genuine cherry stabs

Back of the board
10 screws, 6 rubber feet and 2 flippers shows that they were serious about the construction of this thing, I blacked out the name of someone who probably owned this board before

Case opened up, shielding and PCB with dirt
Not much I can say about this

PCB Numbering

PCB Manufacturer(?)

Top of the PCB, front side

It even has a buzzer!

And that concludes my adventure into the unknown of this eBay find, if there are any questions/requests for pictures feel free to ask, as long as it doesn't require me desoldering all the switches I'll probably do it/post pictures

terrycherry

02 Aug 2016, 05:58

I cold find the info about this KUOTIANG(H K)ENTERPRISE.,LTD. which is the 1999.08.06 Hong Kong company and located in ShenZhen. They made PCB or something like that.
http://www.eenet.com.tw/comp/compconten ... iang&b=i01
Hope to see the internal and spring of MX Super Black.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

02 Aug 2016, 10:37

I have another board made by Kuotang for Digital, and funnily the layout is very close but not quite the same.

More pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/8pE7b
(The white balance is really wrong, those are old pictures)

Do you also have a MX Super Black switch on the compose key?

Dra

04 Aug 2016, 18:47

yep, super black on the compose key

I'll post pictures of the spring soon, terrycherry, I'm getting a softbox in a few days which should make this whole photographing process easier

Return to “Gallery”