The Inferior Alps Switch Tester

Scarpia

06 Dec 2016, 23:34

In light of Mattr567's recent Ultimate Alps Switch Tester build, I knew I had to build one of my own. It is of course nowhere near as complete or as glorious as Matts, but it's mine:

And here it is all exposed:

The switches:

Code: Select all

+-------------------+-----------------------+------------------+----------------+
| SKBM Grey *       | SKCM White (Pine) *   | SKCM Amber *     | SKCM Blue *    |
+-------------------+-----------------------+------------------+----------------+
| SKCL Yellow /     | SKCL Green /          | Matias Red /     | Matias White * |
| SKCM Black o      | SKCM White (d) o      | SKCM Cream (d) o | Matias Grey o  |
| SKCM Salmon o     | SKCM Orange o         | SKCM Brown o     |                |
| SKCL Lock Cream / | SKCL Lock Dark Grey / |                  |                |
Legend:
  • * = clicky
    o = tactile
    / = linear
Last edited by Scarpia on 07 Dec 2016, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

Chyros

06 Dec 2016, 23:55

I ordered one of these as well, wonder when that will arrive xD . Don't think I've got all those in triplicate, though xD .

Scarpia

07 Dec 2016, 00:12

In triplicate? I don't follow..

Chyros

07 Dec 2016, 00:34

Scarpia wrote: In triplicate? I don't follow..
Sorry, I mean duplicate of course, one loose and one for the tester. I blame revising :p .

Mattr567

07 Dec 2016, 01:57

That's a great start! :) I had less to start with than you.

y11971alex

07 Dec 2016, 03:13

Scarpia wrote: In triplicate? I don't follow..
Triplicate = in three copies. ;)

Scarpia

07 Dec 2016, 14:24

When the undamped SKCM Cream arrives, it'll go next to the SKCM Brown.

If I get my hands on a 'Bamboo' SKCM White I'll probably desolder the SKBM Grey and put it top left next to the 'Pine' white.

That leaves just two empty spaces, which I'd like to fill with SKCL Brown linear and SKCM Green tactile.

If anyone has one of the highlighted switches for sale or generous donation, PM me :P

alh84001
v.001

07 Dec 2016, 17:25

If you get two of each let me know :P :)

Rwhite025

09 Dec 2016, 02:40

Looking good! Now all you need to really complete it is a SKCM "neon" green alp switch!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

09 Dec 2016, 11:22

Some days ago I got the same numpad, the switches are very wobbly and the plate also, I will probly add some real alps to it and cut a new plate from one of the spare alps metal plates I have laying around, also modify it with usb mini socket. The plastic case is nice in general, but of course I will also change the keycaps. Nice collection scarpia, where did you get those dsa keycaps for it?

Chyros

09 Dec 2016, 12:22

Rwhite025 wrote: Looking good! Now all you need to really complete it is a SKCM "neon" green alp switch!
Indeed - Scarp, PM me your address ;) .

Scarpia

10 Apr 2017, 22:29

@Chyros made an excellent video presentation of Alps switches where we got to see his finished keypad! Nom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmJ-IEEBQAI

Return to “Gallery”