Post your desktop.

andrewjoy

22 May 2017, 15:11

Crappy cellphone picture or my progress .

its almost done.

Just waiting for new studio monitor as the current speakers have started to hum at 50htz and its bloody annoying.

New headphones for birthday.

Paint the wall.
IMG_20170521_160754.jpg
IMG_20170521_160754.jpg (200.49 KiB) Viewed 5835 times

shreebles
Finally 60%

22 May 2017, 15:30

Wodan wrote:
PollandAkuma wrote: I wish I could say it is intentionally chic, but it's just shabby. I just ate the apple yesterday...
Did you eat anything else yesterday?
Eating only apples is not recommended:

Q.E.D.

andrewjoy

22 May 2017, 15:43

angry birds are cooler than random apples.

ba7777
飞不动的加林查

03 Jun 2017, 01:43

Ok. At least a part of my desktop. :D

wobbled

09 Jun 2017, 23:16

Finally got around to finishing the cabling today so everythings pretty neat. Still not sure whether I want to change from my 5k display to a 40 inch 4k tv. Anyway, these new oak desks are fucking great.
20170609_192244.jpg
20170609_192244.jpg (3.8 MiB) Viewed 5663 times

mr_a500

10 Jun 2017, 09:40

My desktop was pretty minimalist this winter.
winter desktop.jpg

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 Jun 2017, 09:46

mr_a500 wrote: My desktop was pretty minimalist this winter.
That's basically also how your DT presence was. ;) Good to see you around! You missed A LOT, you got about 293847329847 threads to enjoy. :lol:

mr_a500

10 Jun 2017, 09:59

Are you sure? I thought it was 293847329846 threads, but I could be wrong. ;)

seebart

10 Jun 2017, 10:05

mr_a500 wrote: Are you sure? I thought it was 293847329846 threads, but I could be wrong. ;)
OK, I added a couple for show. :lol: What you call "this winter", is that the Canadian winter that lasts 15 months? ;)

mr_a500

10 Jun 2017, 10:18

This was a long motherfucking winter, that's for sure. It's June and I'm still freezing my ass.

I can't wait for this global warming thing I've been hearing so much about.

seebart

10 Jun 2017, 10:29

mr_a500 wrote: I can't wait for this global warming thing I've been hearing so much about.
Doesn't work that way if you ask me.
7s0n8.jpg
7s0n8.jpg (47.19 KiB) Viewed 5647 times

mr_a500

10 Jun 2017, 16:23

Ah, well it's warmer today.
spring desktop.jpg
(A few minutes later, the squirrel decided to try out the beam spring.)

PollandAkuma

10 Jun 2017, 18:25

mr_a500 wrote:Ah, well it's warmer today.
spring desktop.jpg
Woah, what a great view!

seebart

10 Jun 2017, 18:29

mr_a500 wrote: Ah, well it's warmer today.
Anytime squirrels and Beam Springs are involved it's desktop material for me. Good picture. For the winter desktop I'd like a grizzly using a Key Tronic. :mrgreen:

mr_a500

10 Jun 2017, 18:52

PollandAkuma wrote: Woah, what a great view!
I like it. :) The view is even nicer when there are two squirrels there. :P
seebart wrote: Anytime squirrels and Beam Springs are involved it's desktop material for me. Good picture. For the winter desktop I'd like a grizzly using a Key Tronic. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately (...or perhaps, fortunately), there are no grizzlies where I live. My only options are a blue jay with blue Alps or a seal with a rubber dome. (and I don't own any rubber domes)
blue jay sm.jpg

Slom

10 Jun 2017, 20:56

mr_a500 wrote: Ah, well it's warmer today.
Is that keyboard on the left a decision data 8010? Is it converted?

mr_a500

10 Jun 2017, 21:02

Slom wrote: Is that keyboard on the left a decision data 8010? Is it converted?
Yes, that is a Decision Data 8010. No, sadly, it is not converted. I always keep it beside my beam spring though because I love it so much.

The Micro Switch keypad, of course, is converted - thanks to HaaTa. (1974 & 1978 keycaps)

Khers

12 Jun 2017, 13:03

On the SSK today. MF can't come soon enough! :maverick:

@mr_a500: That's quite some view you've got there!

mr_a500

12 Jun 2017, 13:41

Khers wrote: On the SSK today. MF can't come soon enough! :maverick:
MF? I read that as "Motherfucker can't come soon enough!" .... but that can't be right.
Khers wrote: @mr_a500: That's quite some view you've got there!
Even the view through the window above the kitchen sink isn't bad. I see this when I do my dishes:
kitchen window.jpg
That's where I park my boat if I come back at high tide. I've got to keep an eye on it though in case the tide comes in and takes it back out.

Now you're probably thinking, "What a lucky fucking asshole!" ...and you're right! :mrgreen: But it took me decades of hell in lousy programming jobs (on shitty rubber dome keyboards) to get here. I deserve my days on the beach with my beam spring keyboards. (warning: keep sand away from beam springs, unless you want to type like thsishhshsishsihishsis)

Khers

12 Jun 2017, 14:04

mr_a500 wrote:
Khers wrote: On the SSK today. MF can't come soon enough! :maverick:
MF? I read that as "Motherfucker can't come soon enough!" .... but that can't be right.
Khers wrote: @mr_a500: That's quite some view you've got there!
Even the view through the window above the kitchen sink isn't bad. I see this when I do my dishes:
kitchen window.jpg
That's where I park my boat if I come back at high tide. I've got to keep an eye on it though in case the tide comes in and takes it back out.

Now you're probably thinking, "What a lucky fucking asshole!" ...and you're right! :mrgreen: But it took me decades of hell in lousy programming jobs (on shitty rubber dome keyboards) to get here. I deserve my days on the beach with my beam spring keyboards. (warning: keep sand away from beam springs, unless you want to type like thsishhshsishsihishsis)
Haha! I envy you! I have at least 50 times longer to the beach than you do!

Motherfucker isn't too far off, as that's what the project was lovingly referred to by Mu etc. Must've surfaced while you were away, but here it is: workshop-f7/remodeling-the-model-m-t13796.html
group-buys-f50/model-mf-drop-in-kit-for ... 15091.html

Model F in the format of an M. What could be better than that? (Well a Beamer in a useable form factor maybe, my 5251 is anything but...)

Slom

12 Jun 2017, 18:26

mr_a500 wrote:
Slom wrote: Is that keyboard on the left a decision data 8010? Is it converted?
Yes, that is a Decision Data 8010. No, sadly, it is not converted. I always keep it beside my beam spring though because I love it so much.

The Micro Switch keypad, of course, is converted - thanks to HaaTa. (1974 & 1978 keycaps)
You had me dreaming for a moment ;)
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG (710.88 KiB) Viewed 5435 times

mr_a500

12 Jun 2017, 18:35

Ah, you have one of those lovely blue/white/grey ones too. I thought maybe you had the much uglier grey (yellowed) one. (no offence to anybody who has one of those :D)

Is your case yellowed or is that an optical illusion? Mine has no yellowing at all. What is the date on it? How is the feel? Mine is super smooth. I love the thick keycaps and the deep dish home row.

Slom

12 Jun 2017, 18:47

mr_a500 wrote: Ah, you have one of those lovely blue/white/grey ones too. I thought maybe you had the much uglier grey (yellowed) one. (no offence to anybody who has one of those :D)

Is your case yellowed or is that an optical illusion? Mine has no yellowing at all. What is the date on it? How is the feel? Mine is super smooth. I love the thick key caps and the deep dish home row.
Yes, that case is yellowed. It's also still dirty :oops: and the case is broken at the front right edge (visible in the picture). But the gut's are supreme. Super smooth typing, I would really love to use this one. The deep dishes kind of confuse me, because they are asymmetric (4 on the left 3 on the right).

It is still in my cabinet at work because it won't fit any of my standard keyboard boxes at home. I need to buy a display cabinet. That's also the reason why I have not opened it up yet, so I don't know the date. When I do, I will post pictures ...

pixelheresy

13 Jun 2017, 09:30

Here is a shot of my desk at work.

Yes, that is that ridiculous Tipro setup I took pictures of before on the keycaps thread. Yes, I use it every day. No, I use the center board with my right hand and the left split to type, but my peers still have a full-sized board with Swedish labels.

Not pictured: coffee.

I do have the board mostly labeled and programmed. Still have room to grow though.

SpinDizzy

26 Jun 2017, 18:37

Welcome deskthorities, my first post :-)
the Model M and the Unicomp are already flossmodded (it really kills the high pitched click to a sonorous clack if you want that)

Slom

26 Jun 2017, 19:03

Welcome SpinDizzy,

Do you type on both keyboards at the same time? :P

SpinDizzy

26 Jun 2017, 19:28

Slom wrote: Welcome SpinDizzy,

Do you type on both keyboards at the same time? :P
Hello Slom,

not quite at the same time, am more the serial type of guy... but when the Mac comes to work I can switch verry fast :D

nsmechkb

28 Jun 2017, 16:03

pixelheresy wrote: Here is a shot of my desk at work.

Yes, that is that ridiculous Tipro setup I took pictures of before on the keycaps thread. Yes, I use it every day. No, I use the center board with my right hand and the left split to type, but my peers still have a full-sized board with Swedish labels.

I do have the board mostly labeled and programmed. Still have room to grow though.
Spoiler:
You've done a great job on this. It looks awesome!

seebart

28 Jun 2017, 17:35

nsmechkb wrote:

Spoiler:
kbdfr would be proud! :shock:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Jun 2017, 19:08

seebart wrote:
nsmechkb wrote:

Spoiler:
kbdfr would be proud! :shock:
I am, the more so as I am not a complete stranger to this achievement :mrgreen:

Return to “Gallery”