Post your desktop.

Okeg

10 Jun 2013, 21:51

7bit wrote:I know it looks really ancient, but that's how it is:
*image*
Very nice. Arethe indy internals original or not?
Also; What distro are you running?

IvanIvanovich

10 Jun 2013, 22:43

Bunch of nice set ups in this thread.

Beastie

11 Jun 2013, 20:35

One day my setup will be nice... at least I have good input devices :D

nathanscribe

11 Jun 2013, 22:48

Writing desk:

Untitled by nathanscribe, on Flickr

Slightly less pedestrian man-cave desktop:

Untitled by nathanscribe, on Flickr

Julle

11 Jun 2013, 23:23

IvanIvanovich wrote:
Tell us more about yours. Your computer looks especially interesting.

xPaulCo

11 Jun 2013, 23:37

IvanIvanovich wrote:Image

Wow ! What a atypical case ! I suppose you made it ?
When I saw your wallpaper in an other topic, I knew your desk setup will be like in this photo ! ^^
Last edited by xPaulCo on 12 Jun 2013, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Okeg

11 Jun 2013, 23:49

Beastie wrote: ... at least I have good input devices :D
Ahem, sold to you by whom? ;)
Anyways, it's starting to become great, in-fact greater than mine atm :shock:

IvanIvanovich

12 Jun 2013, 02:39

Yes I made the 'case' myself. It still needs some details sorted out on it. Perhaps I will finally motivate myself to take it apart to do so this week sometime.

xPaulCo

12 Jun 2013, 03:09

I thought "Thermalke Level10" when I saw this, but looks more simply.
I love it. Which improvements you will do ?

EDIT : I found your message on geekhack. :)

ne0phyte
Toast.

10 Jul 2013, 21:18

Major changes! I moved my desk and replaced my crappy screens (25.5" and 21.5") with two Dell U2312HM and a proper VESA mount. I have WAY more free space on my desk now :D (click for comparison)

There's still some stuff missing so it definitely won't stay that clean/empty.

Against-the-light shot ftw:

Acanthophis

10 Jul 2013, 21:22

I like it.
Not the desk, though :D

ne0phyte
Toast.

10 Jul 2013, 21:23

The desk is uhm 8 years old and complete crap. But at least I can cut stuff and solder on it and use it as workbench as it doesn't make any difference if theres one more cut/hole or not :D
Last edited by ne0phyte on 26 Jul 2013, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

Compgeke

11 Jul 2013, 06:50

Sorry that you guys can't see the great keyboard I have out with these. Just in case you're wondering what it even is, it's a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard, and I personally think it feels better than my beamspring, I'm just too lazy to untangle wires.

bugsaint

20 Jul 2013, 22:57

Compgeke wrote:Sorry that you guys can't see the great keyboard I have out with these. Just in case you're wondering what it even is, it's a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard, and I personally think it feels better than my beamspring, I'm just too lazy to untangle wires.

And you can live with the noise ?

Retrete

26 Jul 2013, 01:54

Little update;

shrapneL

01 Aug 2013, 16:01

Wow! Everyone has some awesome setups! I was super impressed by Ivan's custom case.

I'll put some pictures of my setup later today! :D

Compgeke

02 Aug 2013, 01:01

bugsaint wrote:
Compgeke wrote:Sorry that you guys can't see the great keyboard I have out with these. Just in case you're wondering what it even is, it's a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard, and I personally think it feels better than my beamspring, I'm just too lazy to untangle wires.
And you can live with the noise ?
They don't bother me, advantage of keeping servers in the garage.

fredman

16 Aug 2013, 20:05

First mech. keyboard arrived today, very satisfied but it takes a while to get used to.

Chanon

16 Aug 2013, 21:58

cherish_your_precious.jpg
cherish_your_precious.jpg (452.2 KiB) Viewed 5818 times
In memoriam - my first love what comes to mechanical keyboards, Ducky Shine1. About 2 weeks ago it had to make space for my new Ducky Shine3 Year of the Snake.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2013, 13:01

Keyboard of the week.

ماء

27 Aug 2013, 13:33

Ah,Finally you buy ergodox :lol:
Nice ;) oh,Lefty,apparently :P

Topre Enthusiast

27 Aug 2013, 13:35

I've never really been too interested in ergo keyboards but the ErgoDox does look pretty nice.
Did you put this one together yourself, webwit? Where did you get the caps? They almost look like they have that velvety PBT finish in the last shot.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2013, 13:39

My right hand was destroyed by RSI. Well, not that bad, but I use both.

@002: It's this one:
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t6255.html

Topre Enthusiast

27 Aug 2013, 13:45

Nice - what do you think of it so far?

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2013, 13:51

Needs cupped PCB and adjustable feet, but otherwise very good. Can't say it's very usable right now, it's one of those keyboards with a learning curve and time investment.

mr_a500

27 Aug 2013, 13:54

webwit wrote:My right hand was destroyed by RSI. Well, not that bad, but I use both.
I wonder why this happens to some people but not others. I've been typing for decades on ergonomic nightmare keyboards, big hulking loafs of keyboards - without wrist rests, bad layout, typing "like I'm scratching a window" ( :D )... and I never had any kind of repetitive stress problem.

ماء

27 Aug 2013, 14:29

webwit wrote:Needs cupped PCB and adjustable feet, but otherwise very good. Can't say it's very usable right now, it's one of those keyboards with a learning curve and time investment.
For feet maybe Can wear V3 Accessory kinesis FS :lol:
Wewbit, what different with symmetric layout of your experience?

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2013, 14:32

mr_a500 wrote:I wonder why this happens to some people but not others. I've been typing for decades on ergonomic nightmare keyboards, big hulking loafs of keyboards - without wrist rests, bad layout, typing "like I'm scratching a window" ( :D )... and I never had any kind of repetitive stress problem.
I think from resting my hand on the mouse for some decades.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Aug 2013, 14:35

ماء wrote:Wewbit, what different with symmetric layout of your experience?
It's better in theory, but in practice, your mind is brainwashed with asymmetric layout, so you need to relearn.

Muirium
µ

27 Aug 2013, 14:40

Very true. I've been toying with some of Suka's symmetric stagger spares, and until I hook up a controller and use it to actually type with, there's no relearning happening here.

As for Mr. A500's point. Everyone's different, physiologically speaking. I'm freer from RSIs than I should be too. My knuckles are quite wide and my fingers fairly short, perhaps this helps me use nightmarishly normal boards? It makes buying gloves a pain, I can tell you that.

Return to “Gallery”