WICO Smartline Smartboard

Ascaii
The Beard

04 Mar 2012, 00:17

Posting something I bought on a whim a long time ago...back when I had limited knowledge and was just starting to get into mechanical keyboards. Bx has been sitting on my shelf untouched for a while now.

First off, this board is only PC/XT compatible.

A pretty box:
box.jpg
box.jpg (190.8 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
All original paperwork including manual, warranty card, and marketing standup cardboard thingy:
paperwork1.jpg
paperwork1.jpg (175.54 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Inside of marketing booklet:
paperwork2.jpg
paperwork2.jpg (187.74 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Features:
paperwork3.jpg
paperwork3.jpg (127.56 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
paperwork4.jpg
paperwork4.jpg (100.46 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
The Board itself:
Full_Board.jpg
Full_Board.jpg (172.15 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Closeup of keys...wait, could that be dye subs???? ;)
numblock.jpg
numblock.jpg (141.41 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Here is where it gets interesting! The board has both ANSI and DVORAK preprogrammed...which means that the caps had to able to be physically interchanged without problems...the entire alpha block has the same profile, close to Cherry profile. Pictures below.

G,T, and Y are from the Smartline, the other caps are "regular" Cherry Dyesubs for comparison.
Profile_top.jpg
Profile_top.jpg (124.66 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Profile.jpg
Profile.jpg (172.63 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Closeup of switches. Old blacks with diodes:
switches.jpg
switches.jpg (139.47 KiB) Viewed 2119 times

7bit

04 Mar 2012, 11:39

Great keyboard!

I like the modifier key placement.

Let me know if you want to sell it...

7bit.saint: Are you crazy! More and more keyboards you won't use anyway!!!! :roll:
7bit.devil: Get it!! Pay any price!!!

dirge

04 Mar 2012, 11:55

Wow thats an interesting board mate! Where are the mouse buttons for the trackball?

Taeyoung

04 Mar 2012, 14:19

looks great! :-)

Ascaii
The Beard

04 Mar 2012, 16:12

To be honest I am thinking of selling it...since I posted it I've had three people ask me for a price...no idea what to tell them xD.

The caps alone make this board expensive enough, the collector's value even more so. If anyone wants to try making an offer go ahead.

I haven't taken the time to read through the manual yet, but I found a mention of the mouse in a review online...apparently you switch between keyboard and mouse function for certain keys. I will post more once I sit down and read the thing.

Return to “Gallery”