IBM SSK club!

Fkazim

19 Nov 2019, 11:49

I have finally joined the SSK club with this grey label SSK with blue sublegends.

Got it for a reasonable price too. Overall I'm so happy. Have also posted this image in stuff you just brought thread.
Attachments
IMG_20191101_204252.jpg
IMG_20191101_204252.jpg (3.74 MiB) Viewed 1929 times

User avatar
vometia
irritant

19 Nov 2019, 18:10

Awesome. Just like mine i.e. one of the best keyboards evar. As much as I've just prattled on about finding "The One™" in my Vortex Race 3, I now want to use my SSK again.

User avatar
JP!

19 Nov 2019, 18:15

The Unicomp SSK with the blue sublegends is one of my favorites!

User avatar
JP!

19 Nov 2019, 18:20

I recently picked up an elusive SSK with stockbroker keys (1395217). Sorry for the potato quality pics. Will need a bolt mod but more than likely a new barrel plate :(
48830117142_ef46dd37a0_o.jpg
48830117142_ef46dd37a0_o.jpg (251.47 KiB) Viewed 1868 times

User avatar
depletedvespene

19 Nov 2019, 20:32

Fkazim wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 11:49
I have finally joined the SSK club with this grey label SSK with blue sublegends.

Got it for a reasonable price too. Overall I'm so happy. Have also posted this image in stuff you just brought thread.
Most excellent. Enjoy!

User avatar
depletedvespene

19 Nov 2019, 20:33

JP! wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 18:20
I recently picked up an elusive SSK with stockbroker keys (1395217). Sorry for the potato quality pics. Will need a bolt mod but more than likely a new barrel plate :(

48830117142_ef46dd37a0_o.jpg
Enjoy repairing it. Then enjoy USING it. :-)

kmnov2017

04 Jan 2020, 01:03

Anyone selling their SSK at a price that doesn't break the bank? Location - EU preferred. PM me.

User avatar
DeChief

19 Feb 2020, 15:03

Hey all, I'm finally part of the SSK club! I got this guy for around 5,000 yen from Yahoo Auctions (plus shipping to Australia) and it arrived with a completely cracked barrel plate. Thank god Unicomp sells replacements or I would've had to glue it back together really poorly. After a thorough cleaning of the case and keys, I secured the new plate in place with nuts and bolts and I think it turned out pretty well for my first ever bolt-mod. You can sort of see the silver of the bolts inbetween the keys though, so I might paint them black at some point if it really gets to me.

Image

Jacobalbertus1

29 Feb 2020, 18:28

do I get to be part of the SSK club I got a model m SSK on eBay just about nos except some turd stole the cable well what do i expect it was 105$ and I'm getting a partial refund of 45 for rivets popped off and the fact there was no cable for a total of 60$ SSK it is a blue label one but it isn't a Lexmark one its a true IBM one it has that new keyboard smell it will be getting a screw mod done to it to help increase the value of the board, and even NOS it had 15-17 bad rivets on it but SSK under 100$ total that's a bargain in any working shape let alone NOS
Attachments
IMG_20200229_122142.jpg
IMG_20200229_122142.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 1383 times
IMG_20200229_121655.jpg
IMG_20200229_121655.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 1383 times
JPEG_20200228_215551.jpg
JPEG_20200228_215551.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1383 times

User avatar
depletedvespene

29 Feb 2020, 18:32

Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 18:28
do I get to be part of the SSK club I got a model m SSK on eBay …
Yes, you do. Welcome!

Now get that SSK in full working order and enjoy it for the decades to come! (or at least until we convince Ellipse to include the TKL form factor in his second F62/F77 round)

Jacobalbertus1

29 Feb 2020, 19:09

depletedvespene wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 18:32
Jacobalbertus1 wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 18:28
do I get to be part of the SSK club I got a model m SSK on eBay …
Yes, you do. Welcome!

Now get that SSK in full working order and enjoy it for the decades to come! (or at least until we convince Ellipse to include the TKL form factor in his second F62/F77 round)
good luck with that I don't think he will ass the cost for that now he may or may not make the PCB's and controllers do make your on fssk i already have the f77 and it dose fairly well

John Doe

08 Mar 2020, 05:50

Got this almost for free, in bad condition originally, but acceptable now.

I think I'll keep it for future years.
Spoiler:
0A9E3E75-05E0-4C76-9922-81C8C0DDD7E8.jpeg
0A9E3E75-05E0-4C76-9922-81C8C0DDD7E8.jpeg (2.34 MiB) Viewed 1193 times

User avatar
Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Mar 2020, 07:35

John Doe wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 05:50
Got this almost for free, in bad condition originally, but acceptable now.

I think I'll keep it for future years.
Spoiler:
0A9E3E75-05E0-4C76-9922-81C8C0DDD7E8.jpeg
Looks fantastic! Better looking than my SSK, reminds me of the "guy she told you not to worry about" meme

User avatar
Muramasa

08 Mar 2020, 19:15

Wow you just got the SSK holy grail, fantastic find

User avatar
Dingster

09 Mar 2020, 17:54

Muramasa wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 19:15
Wow you just got the SSK holy grail, fantastic find
Thats not ISO :lol:

Still, amazing find !

User avatar
Muramasa

09 Mar 2020, 20:11

Dingster wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 17:54
Muramasa wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 19:15
Wow you just got the SSK holy grail, fantastic find
Thats not ISO :lol:

Still, amazing find !
Ahhh you know what? You're right! I'd love an ISO industrial ssk...

User avatar
depletedvespene

09 Mar 2020, 20:14

Dingster wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 17:54
Muramasa wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 19:15
Wow you just got the SSK holy grail, fantastic find
Thats not ISO :lol:
So? It's not like they can't be converted... remember this guy?

Image

He was born horizontal, too. ;)

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

13 Mar 2020, 02:24

Posted this in my photogrammetry thread but thought you guys might appreciate it as well. I recreated a 3D model of my indie SSK. Turned out a bit green, but I've adjusted the sketchfab settings to compensate. This one turned out really nice :)

https://skfb.ly/6QSTH
Image

kmnov2017

17 Mar 2020, 10:41

snacksthecat wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 02:24
Posted this in my photogrammetry thread but thought you guys might appreciate it as well. I recreated a 3D model of my indie SSK. Turned out a bit green, but I've adjusted the sketchfab settings to compensate. This one turned out really nice :)

https://skfb.ly/6QSTH
Image
Is this the same one which had a warped case at one point?

stormcrash

30 Mar 2020, 03:35

Hi All,

Managed to win a new in box blue badge IBM SSK on eBay and thought I'd share. I use Unicomp Model M's at home and work as my regular keyboards but when I stumbled across a new SSK I couldn't help myself. Box was still sealed with the original tape when it arrived. Manufacture date is 12/2/92
Attachments
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG (2.38 MiB) Viewed 331 times
IMG_2280.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 331 times
IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 331 times

User avatar
snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

03 Apr 2020, 00:56

kmnov2017 wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 10:41
Is this the same one which had a warped case at one point?
Yep, you are correct. I can get it to snap back together (barely) but it has actually shrunk so it no longer accommodates the all of the keycaps. So a bunch of them rub.

Post Reply

Return to “Gallery”