Qwerkeys - Team Liquid cap

dirge

20 Jul 2012, 14:12

Sleabo's been kind enough to send me a engraved and in-filled keycap based on the team liquid logo.

Comparison with signature plastics version.

I think the horses head looks a lot better on Sleabo's version.

zoidbergslo

20 Jul 2012, 14:26

Looks great

7bit

20 Jul 2012, 15:21

They even got the sprue marks right!

Djuzuh

20 Jul 2012, 15:52

That's nice to see qwerkeys can do something so detailed.

itlnstln

20 Jul 2012, 16:25

I assume the SP cap is lasered with infill, too, correct? In any case, the Qwerkeys cap looks a lot better.

agor

20 Jul 2012, 16:27

SP's is doubleshot iirc

itlnstln

20 Jul 2012, 16:30

agor wrote:SP's is doubleshot iirc
Duh, that would make sense. My caffeine intake is deficient this morning. Still, Qwerkey's cap looks better. Different processes for different types of legending.

Sleabo

20 Jul 2012, 16:34

Hi Guys
we can infill the logo with blue, this was just first batch.
Plus these were done on the thin beige caps, might look better on the thicker light blue, white or grey keycap?

dirge

20 Jul 2012, 17:03

7bit wrote:They even got the sprue marks right!
Actually it's a nowhere near as bad as signature plastics sprue marks, they seem to intentionality rip as much off the cap as possible.

Sleabo, I think thick blue cap with full infill may be an improvement. However the detail is really good, especially around the mouth, take care to keep that.

Sleabo

20 Jul 2012, 17:15

Regards the sprue, the Beige keycaps are not as good a quality as our standard thicker ones.
Thanks

hashbaz

20 Jul 2012, 19:19

Looks very promising! Do want.

dirge

20 Jul 2012, 19:42

hashbaz wrote:Looks very promising! Do want.
The works very good, I wish I wanted more caps. Comparing the two side by side I'd chose the qwerkeys key. Honestly I think geekhack group buys should start looking this way.

I gave Sleabo a link to a jpg, no need for svg's, easier, better quality, more detail.

hashbaz

20 Jul 2012, 21:20

Laser + infill can wear though. 2-shots are forever. :)

tsangan

20 Jul 2012, 21:22

dirge wrote:
hashbaz wrote:Looks very promising! Do want.
The works very good, I wish I wanted more caps. Comparing the two side by side I'd chose the qwerkeys key. Honestly I think geekhack group buys should start looking this way.

I gave Sleabo a link to a jpg, no need for svg's, easier, better quality, more detail.
We did and their prices was quite high and while the engrave in filled is nice it does have limitations also.

I was already impressed by their alphanumeric sets but once again too expensive, and the fact that US members have to import these GBs also it's not quite viable sadly

dirge

20 Jul 2012, 21:34

Must be a proxy option to keep prices down for us postage. Us euro guys have learnt to accept it I guess.

I'd expect shine to kick in before they got too bad from ware.

hashbaz

20 Jul 2012, 21:46

Shine is not a bad thing in my view. And I'm thinking of the infill chipping or rubbing out vs. dyesubs and 2-shots which stay clear and visible more or less forever.

hsu

01 Sep 2012, 01:02

I was going to mention that the keys on Qwerkeys look nicer than most ones I've seen around, now I know I'm not alone... they are pretty expensive though :)

IvanIvanovich

01 Sep 2012, 03:08

I am continuing to be highly impressed by qwerkeys product, but the prices are always the downfall of me choosing Chinese dyesub or otherwise instead. Unfortunately qwerkeys have downside of having to pay GBP prices for production, so much higher price passed on to customers.

dirge

01 Sep 2012, 08:35

We shouldn't worry about a little extra when dealing with novelty keys. You don't notice it when buying one extra or so. But if we start putting some volume through sleebo, economy of scale may kick in to allow him to lower the price.

Also supporting local business here ;)

Return to “Gallery”