KBT Race Super Limited Edition

Cindori

25 Jul 2012, 20:31

So I ended up with two KBT Race, one black one white.

They had sex and this is their offspring.

One MX Blue, one MX Brown.

One is up for sale, will appear in classified sometime soon. Just need to decide which one to keep lol.

Pics are available in mega high res at http://groths.se/race/Race.zip
Last edited by Cindori on 25 Jul 2012, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

4en

25 Jul 2012, 22:03

A S D F G F J K L

damorgue

25 Jul 2012, 22:14

4en wrote:A S D F G F J K L
Took me a minute to get what you meant. Yeah, the one with white caps has two F's, one where H should be.

Cindori

25 Jul 2012, 22:32

Yup, I know. :P

I wondered if anyone would be able to notice it :P

Have contacted feng (groupbuyyer) about it. Hopefully he can get vortex to send me a new one or something. :(

CaptainAwesome

28 Jul 2012, 12:39

Please I will buy the white base with black keys off you! That's just what I been looking for with my setup! (white table + logitech g600 mouse) this would look awesome

question - how white is the base? as some photos it looks more grey than white

let me know which you decide to go for, I've subscribed :D

Cindori

28 Jul 2012, 16:03

I'm in love with that one as well (sorry :? ), and I probably will sell the other one, black base and white keys.

The base is pure white fyi. I'ts really nice and I get some Optimus keyboard vibes from it.

If anyone is interested in the black base, white key, MX Blue one, let me know. I'm just waiting for a replacement H keycap from the supplier.

CaptainAwesome

28 Jul 2012, 16:25

np dude and thanks for the advice on it I'm gonna do the same as you :D order 2 and sell the other one :D

although not sure how much I'll get for it if I can indeed sell it?! - do you think you can buy the keys seperately from somewhere? or was you forced to get the 2 and sexify them?

Cindori

28 Jul 2012, 16:45

It was my intention all along to sexify them, but not buying two boards. Was gonna try and find someone to trade his black caps for my white ones. I dont think black ones are available separately unfortunately.

CaptainAwesome

28 Jul 2012, 17:48

well I just bought a black one and a white one so I'm now in the same boat as you, I hope you are happy, you just cost me £245 lol, nice pics dude, hope it all matches my setup - it looks so nice man :) may keep the other keyboard for my work desk but for 120 I doubt it's worth it... although I am there more than home so who knows!

Cindori

28 Jul 2012, 21:22

CaptainAwesome

29 Jul 2012, 00:14

phwoar nice vid man, I ordered mine from amazon - blue and brown mx keys same as you, really thinking of keeping both but we'll see how it works

I'll let you know when it's been shipped :)

CaptainAwesome

29 Jul 2012, 12:18

Just so you know kbt said on their Facebook they will be gettin more key replacements end of august so I may send my spare back... May

CaptainAwesome

01 Aug 2012, 13:39

I just got my 2 keyboards and they look lovely but sadly I've got to send 1 back :( the F1 key light is broken and the W key is flickering

2 things I notice and don't like about the keyboard:
1) the shift + key buttons are BELOW the main keys making you think you don't need to press shift to use them - switching from british to us layout means I have to look at the keyboard every now and again and does add a lill confusion.

2) the lights aren't neutral. infact they are noticeable uneven when on a dimmed setting, on ful brightness it's more even but still not even. In my case, F6 and F7 stand out clearly over the other function keys but the rest are quite nice

overall I'm really happy with the white version, I'm sending the black back for a replacement but I was really happy with that too, looking forward to swapping them over but it means now I'll probably have to wait 2 weeks.

the form factor really does feel nice - arms are nice placed when using mouse too. I'll be looking forward to putting this next to my logitech G600

ShuttleMunky

06 Aug 2012, 18:00

Definately keep the white one...

CaptainAwesome

06 Aug 2012, 18:07

I sent both back because I wasn't satisfied with the build and there were things wrong:

the gap between the keys is very noticeable with LEDs on
the LEDs are not evenly light - in my case F5 and F6 were MUCH brighter than the rest of my keys, some were a lot dimmer and staring at the keyboard/peripheral vision made it stand out even more

on top of that, on the black keyboard, F1 LED wasn't working and the W key light was constantly flickering.

Considering that's 2 keyboards I have gone through, reading the forums and seeing other people with similar issues, I think it's safe to say that I'm going to avoid ordering KBTs from now on - I still really like the white / black keys idea so I guess I'm going to get a TT ESports Meka G1 and change switches / keys to blues with PBT keys. Shame because I liked the form factor of this but the build really let it down.

bakteria

12 Aug 2012, 11:15

Would kill for that white cap set..

Cindori

12 Aug 2012, 12:55

Both keyboards are now for sale as I am looking to get different layout keyboards. :roll:
Also, ASCII layout became problematic since I use umlauts.

White base, black caps, MX Brown (fitted with O-rings)
Also includes red zinc keycap
€139

Black base, white caps, MX Blue (you will recieve 13 leftover O-rings, great for trying out)
€129

I will be including a replacement white H keycap for the second board that had double J caps.
The White base includes a white cable, the black base includes a black one.

The white base one is a bit more expensive since it also comes with o rings, and a red zinc keycap

They ship in original boxes with original contents.

Shipping from Sweden, so no taxes. Shipping is aprox. €15.

Send PM.
Last edited by Cindori on 12 Aug 2012, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainAwesome

12 Aug 2012, 13:08

I ended up going for a black filco majestouch with these keycaps
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300719194841? ... 1497.l2649

I think the race would have looked so much better with a plate between keys / pcb :( oh well

suprsmo

16 Aug 2012, 13:01

That red zinc cap looks great!

Return to “Gallery”