12 Mar 2011, 13:59

Thanks to my Korean friend!

keyboardlover

12 Mar 2011, 14:18

Nice! The top set look like SP-made.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Mar 2011, 14:24

They are. Finally my kbdholic keycap! :) And the vector graphic is kinda cool.

keyboardlover

12 Mar 2011, 14:29

They should make one that says:
KBD
LOVER

guilleguillaume

12 Mar 2011, 17:25

We already have in the way the \KL !

They look very nice.

prava

12 Mar 2011, 19:00

I'll become poor if I keep looking on forums like this. Why, oh why I started lurking! :roll: :roll: I was so happy with my shitty $5 logitech ruber-dome keyboard :oops: :oops: :oops:

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Mar 2011, 06:29

prava wrote:I'll become poor if I keep looking on forums like this. Why, oh why I started lurking! :roll: :roll: I was so happy with my shitty $5 logitech ruber-dome keyboard :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thats the curse of this hobby. I was happy too with my $5 dell every few months. Now look at me. 3 years later. Like 200 keyboards and no more space to hide them. Terrible, terrible.

Cyclonechuah

13 Mar 2011, 15:50

hello, do you know where could we possibly purchase those keys? btw are those from scarface ?

i'll be happily to purchase them, but i can't seems to find them.

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Mar 2011, 17:08

Those are not scarface's. He had an interest check but I didn't see it materialize unless I missed something (which is a possibility). These are from OTD, but I don't know who made them. I've seen some photos before, see below. I think there was some upset when scarface showed his prototypes which looked like the same thing, but my Korean is rusty. Maybe one of the Koreans here has more to tell about those keys. I don't think you can buy them (currently), I got them as a present for sending an OTD member an IBM RGB set.
caps.JPG
caps.JPG (83.12 KiB) Viewed 8920 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (581.75 KiB) Viewed 8920 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (669.19 KiB) Viewed 8920 times
Of course, now I want a green one :mrgreen: I'd trade it for an IBM RGB set.

Cyclonechuah

13 Mar 2011, 17:18

gosh, they all look so sexy, i wish to get my hands on them.

Nask

13 Mar 2011, 21:47

Pretty beautiful these keycaps :D
They looks like some "chocolate".

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Mar 2011, 22:27

I was thinking xmas decoration.

Zandara

13 Mar 2011, 23:22

It will be cold feel on your fingers all the time.

nanu

13 Mar 2011, 23:28

Bare metal can be cold but anodized aluminum is heavily oxidized and not as cold.

Findecanor

13 Mar 2011, 23:53

Anodized aluminium is oxidized only on the outside, in a thin layer. When aluminium is anodized for decorative purposes, with a dye, and with a metallic sheen (as I think it is in this case), then the layer is often quite thin.
Heat sinks made of aluminium are often anodized -- anodized aluminium can still be a very good conductor.

Aluma is much harder than aluminium. I wouldn't mind having anodized aluminium keys. They would probably never go blank even within a lifetime of use.

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Mar 2011, 23:55

A couple of my gunmetal anodized keys developed light patches.

IloveYou

13 Mar 2011, 23:56

they look very nice :p

ripster

14 Mar 2011, 01:00

Is it me or are those slits in the keys kinda suggestive?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

14 Mar 2011, 01:16

Nask wrote:Pretty beautiful these keycaps :D
They looks like some "chocolate".
just what I thought!

Taeyoung

14 Mar 2011, 07:32

Yeah, those were made through a group purchase program on OTD.
The price of each key is about $27 in USD according to the following OTD post.
http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_tabl ... wr_subject

And it's also really hard to buy them in Korea, even a used ones.
Congrats! webwit

sixty
Gasbag Guru

14 Mar 2011, 10:27

Quite pricy.. but definitely nice looking. I still don't fully understand how the anodizing process works, but I like the way it looks :)

TheSoulhunter

14 Mar 2011, 16:58

webwit wrote:A couple of my gunmetal anodized keys developed light patches.
If you are talking about this ones...

...thats normal! I dont think they are anodized, to me it looks like non cleaned/post-processed casted aluminum and the brownish layer is actually "cinder" (dross/dirt/oxide mix, more or less) which is not that resistant!

Crazy9000

14 Mar 2011, 17:04

At work I run CNC machines, and we usually do aluminum and anodize it. Some day in the future I'll learn to make programs for them and make some keycaps :P.

If you anodize the aluminum you can letter the keycaps pretty easily with a co2 laser. We use one to label the ports on our connectors. The lettering comes out white.

Minskleip

15 Mar 2011, 05:30

Crazy9000 wrote:At work I run CNC machines, and we usually do aluminum and anodize it. Some day in the future I'll learn to make programs for them and make some keycaps :P.

If you anodize the aluminum you can letter the keycaps pretty easily with a co2 laser. We use one to label the ports on our connectors. The lettering comes out white.
Oh my god that''ll ruin the planet oh my god.

But seriously you should learn that keycap system as soon as possible; you'll get kind of rich!

crowstar

18 Mar 2011, 18:16

looks pretty epic I must say. Slightly excessive though lol

gore

19 Mar 2011, 13:17

Does anyone know the method they are using to make these? I imagine you could make some ultra fancy one off's if you did a lost wax casting.

calavera

20 Mar 2011, 01:40

wow, can I have one?

seriously, can I have one? :)

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2011, 01:51

I'm afraid I'm gonna hold on to these for a while :ugeek:

Return to “Gallery”