Cherry Keyboard KXN5-C251

E TwentyNine

09 Feb 2013, 17:13

Saw the other Cherry keyboard post, thought you guys might like to see mine as well.

It's a Cherry KXN5-C251, built in Waukegan, IL, late 80's.

Full gallery here.

From the discussion over at geekhack, it seems to be a Cherry version of an IBM 6110344, which is a keyboard for a IBM 3270 PC.

I haven't opened it up and taken pictures of the inside, but I might add those if anyone's curious.

rodtang

09 Feb 2013, 17:21

Where do you get this stuff?

Can you take a pic of the underside of a keycap?

Gilgam

09 Feb 2013, 17:34

ISO layout with nice insert and delete symbols (so vintage :-)) and made in the US.
nice one.
Is it programmable ?

E TwentyNine

09 Feb 2013, 17:50

I got the Cherry in a pile of other stuff from a friend who's work was throwing them out. Had no idea what it was at the time, just looked interesting.

Pics of a few keys have been posted in the gallery.

Is it programmable? Got me, I no longer have a machine I can hook it up to. I emailed Cherry/ZF and they could give me no information on it at all. I cannot even find the part number anywhere.

graboy

10 Feb 2013, 14:53

E TwentyNine wrote:I emailed Cherry/ZF and they could give me no information on it at all. I cannot even find the part number anywhere.
That's not unusual for old keyboards. According to the FCC ID, the keyboard was produced back in 1985, go ahead and take a look at the filing for yourself here.

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Feb 2013, 16:27

Cheap IBM clone! :evilgeek:

Return to “Gallery”