Round 4

hsu

03 Jun 2013, 23:04

I painted my black leopold while waiting for the SPH keys to arrive... Hoping it looks good :-)

JSchool

05 Jun 2013, 10:11

No pictures of Retro yet. See, if my keys had been sent, you all would have pictures out the ass.

kps

11 Jun 2013, 02:11

I received half my order today, so here is an endearing snapshot of SPH on (slightly modified) Kinesis keywells.

sphkps.jpg
sphkps.jpg (97.1 KiB) Viewed 4007 times

SeNte

11 Jun 2013, 19:03

Retro ISO ES
I didn't realize the set doesn't include spacebar : /

hsu

11 Jun 2013, 19:08

This is the cleanest looks so far, but do the white keys look like blanks in real life too?

SeNte

11 Jun 2013, 19:34

The beige It is quite white-ish but not so exagerated. They do not look like blanks but the contrast is not big.

Jmneuv

11 Jun 2013, 20:27

Ah, love the subtle contrast combo, finally a retro set. thanks.
Is this retro and soware the same colors by the way?

hoggy

12 Jun 2013, 08:38

kps wrote:I received half my order today, so here is an endearing snapshot of SPH on (slightly modified) Kinesis keywells.

sphkps.jpg
Looks nice, I might 'borrow' the idea...

Findecanor

12 Jun 2013, 13:16

Jmneuv wrote:Is this retro and soware the same colors by the way?
I don't know about the blue, but the light and dark greys are definitely different. Retro's light gray is lighter and Retro's dark grey is darker.

You can compare by looking up in SP's ABS grey colour chart. Round 4 Retro: GSL (light grey), GQM (dark grey), BFQ (blue). Wyse/SoWaRa: GSX, GTD.

7bit

13 Jun 2013, 12:25

waffl wrote:... My only issue is the stepped caps not fitting, is that a mistake or did I order the wrong stem? (for a filco TKL) :)
Stepped Caps Lock can't fit a Filco. You need to use the center-mount, full-touch Caps Lock instead.
:-)
Jmneuv wrote:Ah, love the subtle contrast combo, finally a retro set. thanks.
Is this retro and soware the same colors by the way?
No, these are different colors. In real live they are more visible, but not in the dark.

I suggest someone runs an orange (OAS) on lightgrey (GSL) group buy. This combination looks so great!

hsu

13 Jun 2013, 14:20

Is there a "How to do a group buy: the definitive guide", or would you write one before retiring? :)

7bit

13 Jun 2013, 14:39

The title of the book I'm working on is:
Advanced Algebraic Group Buy Theory
:-)

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Jun 2013, 14:56

He already wrote one. (Finally an opportunity to repost this)

zslane

14 Oct 2015, 21:03

I apologize for this necropost, but I have a question about Round 4 SPH keycaps: they are clearly sculpted 3-1-2-3-4-3, but the diagrams on the group buy wiki shows the entire set as row 3. Could someone explain this discrepancy?

Muirium
µ

14 Oct 2015, 21:32

I'm guessing 7bit simply goofed. But I wasn't around during Round 4's planning phase. Perhaps they were meant to be flat in the first place?

Round 5 was fully profiled from the start. But it was just one set of colours in the beginning, too. The first expansion was when some of us (me included) campaigned for red alphas, and we wanted them flat! I believe I was in favour of alt layouts and such at the time. More to the point: I hadn't laid my hands on SA yet, and learned how important those sculpted rows are. That changed in time! Far as I remember, though, 7bit was the one who made red fully sculpted, and then went on to add black alphas and ultimately grey. That last one was a good day

Lipton

31 Mar 2016, 04:51

Hi! This is my first post here, love the board :)

Signed up just so I can ask this question: How do I buy these!!!

Just ordered a Cooler Master NovaTouch and looking to get these specific keycaps:

Honey / Alpha / SPH Cherry MX
w/images/e/e0/HONEYB_ALPHA_SPH.png

HONEYB /SIXTYBASE / Blue
wiki/File:HONEYB_SIXTYBASE_BLUE.png

Found from here: wiki/R6_leftovers#Cadet_kits

Lipton

31 Mar 2016, 05:54

Ah I just figured it out! group-buys-f50/doubleshot-replacements- ... t6732.html

Lol, I just ordered several parts, then I saw this: HONEYB/TKL/SPH which is everything, but the spacebar, oh well... don't want to mess up the order, just waiting for the 7bot to reply now :)

Looking forward this my TKL looking like: Image

zslane

31 Mar 2016, 19:30

Wish I could get my hands on that red ESC key... nobody seems to have an extra they're willing to sell to me. :(

Return to “Gallery”